Freddy's teleport

Played with the new Freddy and as a Freddy main, I'm very satisfied. Only possible tweak I'd like to see is maybe letting us teleport to the exit gates at endgame. Survivors would still know your coming because you could have the gates start spewing blood, so it's not a big advantage, but would also help on huge maps at endgame to make him more mobile. All gens are blocked at endgame, so there's no use for the teleport. Exit gates would give us still a use, and would help add pressure. Too OP? Or sound good?

Comments

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited July 2019

Dream snares are pretty great when it comes to the end game as you can put them right over the gate panel and survivors will have to trigger them to access it, letting you know where they are

Now in a coordinated SWF with 2-3 people left, if they know you've trapped both gates they can send one dude to act as a decoy for the main force but this is the case with all trap killers

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

So what's your reason then? I gave a explanation and made a pretty decent point. Where's yours besides definitely not? How would it hurt survivors so bad then? Is it really a huge advantage? I'm not saying it has to work like the gen teleport. Maybe it takes longer or something. I'm just throwing an idea out. No need to shoot me down with ZERO explanation. Or are you a survivor main and that's why your against it?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

They specifically made it so he can't teleport to gens when completed or exit gates powered, so they would clearly not go a step further and allow him to teleport to exit gates.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

havent had a chance to play yet, so I don’t know if this is possible or not, but I think a better solution would be continuing to teleport to generators even though they’re all blocked. Going directly to the gates might be too much of an advantage, but going to a generator that’s near the gate seems fair enough.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Id even agree with that. My point is that his pressure power becomes completely useless at endgame. Nurse can still teleport, billy can still haul ass to the other side, spirit can phase, hell, even legion can sprint over there, but he's pretty much useless once he gets there. Freddy's teleport is a GREAT power and sucks that you can't use it at endgame. Seems kinda broken, maybe?

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I would go for gate teleport if that had a much longer cooldown that gen teleport.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I think he should have the ability to teleport to completed gens, but that is just me. As a Pig main, I'm not keen on Killers being stripped of any powers during the Endgame.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

If the switch spit out blood that would be amazing to watch as survivor

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

I think it's a fair balance that when the Trial starts to conclude he loses mobility but by that time he has a whole lot of fake pallets or snares set up giving him an edge in chase. I as a Freddy and Spirit main absolutely love the new Freddy and the way his game play flows

• DixieNormous
    DixieNormous Member Posts: 7

Freddy could just tele to the gate and ONE BOP man with noed or something similar, that would be way too OP.

Bare in mind that for the following (whilst I used to play PC I'm on console atm) for the following:

I've played Freddy nearly constantly over the last two days, only escaped twice.

Been in three games where people have just quit instantly when they've realised it's him.

He's literally rinsing through survivors 9/10 games.

(I do play Killer too btw)

Here's how the 18 odd Freddy games have gone thus far:

Any chase "oh look a pallet" gets downed as it explodes into blood

Ok, guess I won't use Pallets as much gets ran down

Ok.... Vault??? gets hit through window with hitbox when clearly nowhere near (although this isn't necessarily a Freddy issue)

• DixieNormous
    DixieNormous Member Posts: 7

Even though I'm currently not liking Freddy (and the Spirit is my cryptonite) couldn't agree with your comment more

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

No thanks.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Maybe lengthen the cooldown after the last gen pops, then it could be balanced.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

I wouldn't like to see him teleporting to the exit gates, I think that would be way too strong. I would actually prefer him to be able to teleport to gens, regardless of whether they are completed or not though - I think that would at least have counterplay, being able to teleport between exit gates has no counterplay.