The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Makes no sense at all...

As a killer main what iv seen is if you kill someone or kill there whole team they call you "Camper" "noob" ect..

BUT when they get out by flat out luck they start being toxic and tea bagging then calls you noob..

Its rare for someone to say gg but most off the time you get raged at, Im not mad it just makes no sense, If they dont get out they are so toxic or the other way around xD

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I have a real problem with facecamping, and I think there should be mechanics that aggressively de-incentivize this behavior.

At the same time, as someone who's played both sides, I also think that a lot of players are way too liberal about how they define "camping," and will then wield that as a cudgel in chat when they lose.

If you know for a fact that there's someone right there under you, and you patrol the hook because that's obviously the right choice, they should be sore at their teammate and not you. And "soft" hook camping when BBQ doesn't reveal anyone, or when the exit gates are opened and Borrowed Time users are likely to dive someone who's hooked near the door -- this is sometimes a smart play because other survivors are in your proximity.

Ultimately, just don't engage these kinds of sore losers in chat. It's not worth your time. Just type "gg" and leave.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Honestly, high level survivors tend to be very entitled to escape, but I have to remind them that there is no win/loss condition on survivor.

Just keep being the killer you are. : )

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

95% of killers dont deserve any nice wordings.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Depends. I'm sure the part a good number of killers are leaving out is how they did indeed camp and tunnel or otherwise were toxic to survivors, yet the survivors made it out (especially if it involved luck) and wanted to leave them something special. Then they come on this forum to vent about their so called injustice done to them.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

@Ember_Hunter

If you look at the post histories of the two users above you, you'll see that they are are best ignored in civil conversation.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Um, okay?Still, we are all trying to win as killer or survivor :)

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Yep, that's how they seem to operate. They insult you for their bad luck, or in some cases..downright incompetence.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Press these two arrows in the chatbox. It'll close it. Keep it closed. It'll save you a shitload of sanity.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Usually I get kind survivors as killer and vice versa as survivor. If it gets bad, I'll use it, thanks ^^

• NoMitherPlayer
    NoMitherPlayer Member Posts: 174

Guys. I'm a survivor. Killers are fine. 10% of them are bad killers. But30% are good killers that were trolled by toxic survivors. Then they camp or focus. I'm always kind with the killers because I know it's mostly survs fault

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Ouch. That was kind of an uncivilized personal attack itself.

In general all I know is I solo and I don't want to be a jerk to killers. I have only ever teabagged once against a killer who hard tunneled me all game and I somehow managed to escape - the moment got the better of me. Otherwise if I have nothing good to say I say nothing. In my observations it has been pretty even the number of killer and survivor bad mouthing each other and it was usually sparked when killer was tunneling or camping one of them or was triggered because the survivor did something minor like loop or carried a tool box.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692
    edited July 2019

I could see it being an uncivilized, personal attack if, say, posting histories were private.

Maybe they'll add that option to the forums in the future >_>