So Freddy is getting a nerf?

Crazewtboy
Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

I see a bunch of people bitching on their twitter that Freddy is receiving a nerf (and if he is this soon then they have every right to) and I'm too lazy to rewatch the dev stream. Someone want to enlighten me and tell me if he really is getting nerfed and if so, how?

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

No.

• Crazewtboy

Did you actually read my thread and present this as an actual answer, or are you one of those people running around to any thread with Freddy and nerf in the same title to leave that comment?

• Mfeitz
    Mfeitz Member Posts: 31

From what I heard on the stream, they said that Freddy's fine now, and that he shouldn't need a nerf or a buff now

• Shaped

Read my comment history then. What more do you want me to say? Freddy is not getting a nerf. You watched the stream and still asking this question?

• Crazewtboy

I didn't watch the stream or I wouldn't have asked the question. It was just hard to tell with your comment because I have seen quite a bit of people in any thread that has "Freddy" and "nerf" in the title typing "no" and leaving so I wanted to make sure I was getting a valid response.

• Shaped

You said you were too lazy to "rewatch" the stream and now you are saying you didn't watch it. Make up your mind... smh.

• Crazewtboy

Make up my mind? So are you calling me a liar and saying I watched it? I just woke up and my brain isn't fully working yet so excuse the mistake in the post. I know what I did and didn't do and I can tell you that I did not watch that dev stream.

• Crazewtboy

@Peanits Close this thread please. My question has been answered.

• Shaped

I am just saying what you did, but enough of this I answered your question and you attacked me for no reason. Enjoy your day.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

just know that for now ppl are making things up about this stuff, hes not getting nerfed in any way yet

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

Really? I heard something much less definitive, as usual. Here is the recap: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/77678/live-q-a-recap-july-25-2019#latest

The very first question regarding his teleport starting on cooldown gets in the response that they will monitor it and make changes as needed. On the specific question of whether they are going to nerf anything, nothing is planned but it is re-affirmed that they're monitoring first. They gave no time-scale for this.

There will be nerfs. Freddy seems to be designed for exactly this purpose; to be nerfed but to minimise backlash from killers because there is no clear picture of what is supposed to be special about the character now. You nerf bear-traps and Trapper-mains are awoken. You nerf hatchets and Huntress-mains stop singing and start screaming.

Freddy now has two active abilities(projection and traps) and two passives(sleep and stealth), all of which have addons to distinguish them. Nerf any one of them because of feedback from survivors and the devs can just say it's not the 'main power' and should be considered next to any minor fluff buffs to the other three.

Everyone is going to have something about him that is their favourite feature, meaning if it's not their favourite feature getting the hammer, they aren't too fussed unless they are losers like me who get angry about stuff on principle.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

As long as Freddy doesn't get nerfed, I am happy :)

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

they said they wouldnt want to touch him for the next couple of weeks.

they want to see how he plays out before making any unnecesarry changes. this includes Buffs aswell.