Freddy should not be able to telport to a generator if to close to a hooked surviver=tunnel

Jonathanskilz
Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

So lets start of by saying yes this does not hapens that often but now it hapend 2 times in a row Freddy goes away for 1 min and then as soon as the person is about to unhook he teleports back and goes for the tunnel it hapend 2 games in a row so i just thought this is bad and it promotes tunnel.

So i feel like if a survivor is hooked and a generator is to close Freddy should not be allowed to teleport to that gen untill AFTER the person is unhooked. Because the gen is to close it promotes tunnel. I feel like this could be done with the quality of life the devs really are focusing about that with i really really like.

As they mentioned aswell on the live stream today they thought about making it so he can teleport to hooks but they realised its a bad ide

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Dude i can do way worse with hag using mint rag compared to simply tping to a gen as survivors run the opposite direction.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
  • LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

Being able to teleport to whichever generator he wants is completely unbelievable. His charge for his teleport should be 5 minutes, and only let him teleport to an exit gate so he can open it for the survivors who had enough time to do all the gens during the charge.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

It takes Freddy 5 seconds to channel his teleport. This is long enough for anyone nearby to grab a huge head start.

• LordGlint

@George_Soros #FunKiller

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

No.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

do not get catched next to generator...

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

You should play smarter, really.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Freddy's tele takes so long to recharge. I don't think it's worth it to go after the one who's weaker. I'd use that to punish the rescuer.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

Just dont save 4Head

• LordGlint

Pro tip right here. Cant tunnel someone who never leaves the hook.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

yeah, clearly you dnt play at red ranks, games only last 3-4 min max (with ruin) so you are basically saying he shouldn't be able to teleport

• LordGlint

@Spicybarbecue Valid point...Ok, once the last gen is finished...the teleport charge is IMMEDIATELY completed so Freddy can open the doors for the survivors more quickly instead of making them wait. Better?

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

so you want freddys power to become obselete again? and be able to get away scot free .... no freddy needs map pressure. i havent tested him yet due to the heat .... but i will. but freddys power was so counter productive so you want him to lose map pressure by not being able to teleport after unhooking too a gen? lol. yeah i cant see that being abused at all .... 🙄

• LordGlint
    edited July 2019

All hooks should be safe spaces...Literally ALL hooks, not just occupied ones. Killers shouldnt be allowed to get anywhere 30 meters near any hook.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

if you don't like tunnel use dstrike

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

You haven't gone up against a mint rag Hag.

Imagine doing this but instead you could teleport directly to the hook.

If you have make your choice equipped you can smack the rescuer and then smack the person who just got unhooked.

Spirit can easily phrase walk

Billy can chainsaw

Nurse can blink

A speed Wraith can just cloak walk there.

But no it's Freddy that's going to be really oppressive even though he could only go to a specific location

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Just change the whole thing so that survivors take 6 - 8 hits to get downed but die as soon as they're hooked.

Bam

An end to camping and tunneling

"Chases are the only fun part of the game" anyway

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

And when that happens he should be forced into a Dab animation until the survivors leave so they can dab with him

• LordGlint

@Condorloco_26 How many hits does an instaheal count as?

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

By your logic Jon, Survivors should not be able to complete generators if near a patrolling killer.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Same as now. Purple Instaheals will count as 1 state, pink/red as 2.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

If you get tunneled, just run DS.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

People would just leave others hanging longer so they could finish the gen nearby and Fred would take a hit to his map pressure that he desperately needs. If you want to tunnel you can just stay within proximity of the hook to begin with but I suppose teleporting makes it easier to not hurt your emblem scoring and use MYC. If you're paying attention you should have enough time to not get downed right away.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

He also need to be able to give you a hug or help progress the gen. It the rightful thing to do.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

no no and just no.

• MassiveToggaf
    MassiveToggaf Member Posts: 37

I love this thread. A stupid idea in the OP and everyone just starts mocking it, genuinely made looking at the forums today actually worth it.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

No. If anything, Freddy should be able to teleport to any generator whether it's complete or not. That is literally one of his base powers. At end game, his teleport becomes useless. Once you see the gen spewing blood, crouch and hide behind something or jump in a locker. If you run, he's gonna know your there from scratch marks.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Complain about hag before you attack freddy