No One Escapes Death

tekstdok
tekstdok Member Posts: 12

NOED rewards bad killers and is super unhealthy for the game, yet the devs dont give a ######### about it.

Comments

• tekstdok

Good killers rarely use NOED, because they simply don't need it. That's why i said it only rewards bad players.

• tekstdok

Using 8 minutes on doing totems will get you killed too.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I play both sides BTW and how long have you been playing the game?

• purebalance7
    purebalance7 Member Posts: 90

Yupp let's add more time than Ruin takes making people need to run to, find, and cleanse every totem because a killer MIGHT have a perk that rewards him for being bad.

• tekstdok

This is my main problem with NOED. Getting the gens done with your team only to get rekt by noed at the end is the worst part of it.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

How about the team plays stealthy and goes for totems first?

Killer is already busy prowling gens. Nab 2 or 3 totems before anything happens. Sounds to me like you are thinking about totems too LATE in your game.

• tekstdok

My thread is about how i think one perk is rewarding players for being bad, you cant argue with that lmao

• tekstdok

There's nothing stealthy about DBD anymore. Killers have Auras, Crows, Marks, Foot steps & breathe sounds to go after now.

• tekstdok

You can't comminute with your team in the game, how the frick am i going tell my team they need to do the last two totems?

And i cant believe that you think getting hit by the killer is bad plays. You will ALWAYS get hit by the killer no matter how ######### good you are, unless he just brought the game and don't know how to play it.

• purebalance7

So now you're talking 40 minute games basically because the only way you're stealthily doing totems is slowly much less if you even find them. Sounds to me like you can't down survivors until your garbage perk activates and you'd be salty if they nerf it.

Also your scenario implies SWF

• purebalance7

So incredibly wrong on every level. You do realize that it is intended that survivors are going to be downed eventually against a competent killer hence you get 3 hooks. Implying BT rewards farming is a cop out on your part so stop.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Solo survivor and I have no complaints against it. It doesn't reward bad killers, it punishes bad survivors. Regardless of a killer's skill level, good survivors prevent it. The most a killer can do is hope it activates or that its not necessary. If you hate it that much then don't blame the killer or teammates, take it upon yourself to ensure its denial.

• tekstdok

mY pRoBleM WiTh NoEd IS tHaT i ThINk IT ReWaRDs KiLleRs fOr bEiNg bAd i diD nOt mAkE mY ThReAd sO pEobLE cOuLd tElL mE hOw tO pLaY AgAinST iT

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Hold on. You're supposed to use that text when you are making fun of what someone else said.

Are you making fun of yourself?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,333

@NuclearBurrito Apparently even he thinks it's stupid

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Just lock the thread already. Tek has clearly made up their mind about this, and no amount of logical arguments is going to change it. Don't feed the troll.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

What about illogical arguments!? HMMM!??? DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THAT NOW DID YOU!???????!??!?!!?!!?!!?!??!?

Also I want to make sure my pet troll is healthy, so I need to be sure to feed him regularly and take them for walks.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Want to remove NOED? Get rid of Adrenaline and we wouldn't need NOED. That sounds fair, hmm? Or is only the killer allowed to be punished for running a deniable perk?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Pasting this from another thread.

The survivors objective is to escape. Some people think that once the gates are powered, they deserve to escape. But the match isn't over until you see the point screen.

A killer who sacrificed his perk slots for Blood Warden, NOED and Remember Me. Shouldn't be considered a killer who failed his objective. He prepared for the endgame.

Which is honestly the best way for both sides:

All players earned their points. Everyone will probably pip, no one will leave with 2k points and complain that he got tunneled.

But somehow, I get the impression, that people want killers to tunnel and kill survivors fast with no one earning more than 2k points.

Just because everything else is considered a failure. Please make up your mind on what you want. A match where everyone "wins" point and emblem wise, or a match where the killer ruins the survivors fun by killing them as fast as possible. Imagine Iridescent head + mori. Terribly efficient, but ruins the match for everyone else.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

How about we nerf Adrenaline?

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

No, it rewards Killers for survivors being too lazy too cleanse 5 totems. If you want too gen rush and not cleanse you know what you might face. If you are having problems locating totems, run Small Game or Detectives Hunch.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

If you don't want too cleanse 5 totems, memorize their spawns so if NOED procs, you can spend 1 minute looking for it. It really isn't that hard too counter, only people that say it has no counter are people who are too lazy too cleanse/memorize 5 totems.

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192
    edited June 2019

If every survivor just broke totems they randomly saw on their ways between gens/unhooks NOED would basically never activate outside of maps with totem spots far out of the way like the Swamp.

On some maps you don't even have to use your brain to find them. Like on autohaven just check between the tires in TL-wall loops and you'll probably find 3-4 of the totems.

I understand it sucks to get clipped by NOED for your first hook and then camped, but it doesn't matter. Just like killers that get straight up furious if they don't 4k should quit the game for their own sake, survivors shouldn't under any circumstance expect to escape until they've run past the barrier.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

SWF doesn't even make it to end game even when abusing bugged perks. I still bet you the totems were not done.

Dude you run noed omg noob killer ggez.

• GhostRoaster29
    GhostRoaster29 Member Posts: 19

As a killer main myself, NOED has to go. Playing survivor at high ranks makes me want to die because all the killers run NOED. They are complete trash at the game and have to make up for it by using a clutch perk like NOED. It has go to go or get drastically nerfed. Im sick or horrible killers thinking their good because they get a 4k using NOED. It sucks.

• TomTheSequel
    TomTheSequel Member Posts: 58

When I play survivor, the three perks I ALWAYS assume Killers run are NOED, Nurses Calling, and BBQ. Play around these perks and you will survive more often than not.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

I'm using NOED REGARDLESS. Even on Billy I'm using it. 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

I used to be against NOED but after ranking higher up I think it’s a totally fair perk. Survivors get DS and adrenaline. Does that mean it rewards bad survivors? Also their is no counter to Adrenaline and you can only counter DS by risking leaving someone slugged.

And yes when they find ruin the first minute of the game, the gen rush becomes real.

Gen Rush is not fun for the killer but that’s not taken out of the game, so why should NOED be taken out if it’s no fun for survivors?

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,936

Yeah. I used to hate this perk also but now I don't give a dumb about it. Unlike old DS or Mettle of Man it has actual counterplay. People are right, it rewards bad Killers but not only bad Killers are using it. Like it was mentioned, it's popular because gens are done too fast. It still wouldn't be my alternative. I like winning before the last gen is done rather then after but it depends on which playstyle you have.

It's still funny how in most cases you recognize if a Killer has Noed or not.

• GhostRoaster29
    GhostRoaster29 Member Posts: 19

This is fine, sure. If they're gonna have a great performance all game and then get the final few kills with NOED than they deserve that. HOWEVER, there are people that use NOED as a last resort. They get 1 or 2 hooks the ENTIRE game and end up with a 4k bc of the clutch ass perk. This is the problem with NOED. Most of the time the killer wont even pip from it whats the point of using it?

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

From this point forward, I am only referring to DBD as Survive by Sunrise. Suits the game better tbh

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Why is is a problem that a perk rewards bad play on the killer side but not the survivors? Why isn't Decisive Strike not a problem? It rewards survivors for being downed and picked up by the killer. Why isn't Unbreakable not a problem? It lets you get up for free from the dying state after you get downed by the killer.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited July 2019

Do your [BAD WORD] bones then people.

I play solo and half the time me cleansing two or three dulls are enough to cleanse all of them after the other randoms find the ruin.

Even in 2 man swf its pretty easy to cleanse all the dulls.

It only takes 15 seconds to cleanse them. You have the time to spare to cleanse them in between going to generators. You don't get to complain about them if you don't actively want to prevent it.

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

That doesnt mean you ¨must¨ Die, if so nobody would play it, champ.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Aside from DS ,the perks you listed dont reward bad plays ;/

This discussion has been closed.