The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Self-Care Balancing

RaginRendon
RaginRendon Member Posts: 279
edited July 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Self-Care should not exceed 50% or go lower than 50%. Perks like sloppy butcher and dying light should only have affect on teammate heals and med-kit heals. You waste a lot of time healing with self-care which gives the killer time to do stuff (which is fair). Perks like botany knowledge and leader should not increase the rate that you heal yourself with self-care because you have the ability to heal yourself without a med-kit at the cost of it being 50% slower which is enough.

Don't forget to vote up

Post edited by RaginRendon on

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

just run adrenaline and don't heal way better

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Bond is a way better Self Care as well.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    edited July 2019

Had a game where we were healing on a hill and I could see someone self caring in the corner. If he had bond instead, we would have all been done so much quicker instead of him still self caring in the corner as we walked away.

• Fieryaura
    Fieryaura Member Posts: 47

Completly agree, I've remplaced my self care by bond

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Selfcare saves time, you dont have to look for others, the others dont have to look for you, and the others can do more important stuff than healing you.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited July 2019

Self Care, despite being a generally wasted slot in SWF, is functional when one doesn't necessarily trust their teammates to do gens or heal. It's balanced as is.

Honestly, I typically bring a medkit instead, just in case.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited July 2019

Healing in general is not worth it. The Meta is to run adrenaline and ignore healing all together.

In the time someone else heals you (16 seconds) you could both get on a gen done and finish 28.8 charges of work, which is 36%. If everyone on the team just ignores healing to do gens, youll get the gens done so much faster it's worth it. If you're both injured in the time it takes to heal each other you'll get the gen to 72 complete.

Just don't heal.

Even without adrenaline ignoring healing is worth it. With adrenaline? You'd be stupid not to.

• Boogiekingmyers
    Boogiekingmyers Member Posts: 44

I feel like it rather needs a buff like 65% Healing speed or completly be removed since I can't stand teammates doing nothing than healing themselves wasting time.