The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Borrowed Time change to fix hook rushing with it

AetherBytes
AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

You are fuelled with an unexpected energy when saving an Ally from a Hook within the Killer's Terror Radius.

After unhooking a Survivor within the Killer's Terror Radius, for 20/25/30 seconds, any damage taken that would put the unhooked Survivor into the Dying State will instead apply the Deep Wound Status Effect to both you and the Survivor. The Survivor has 15 seconds to Mend themselves.

For the duration that Make Your Choice is active, you suffer the Exposed Status Effect. This is removed if you gain the Deep Wound Status Effect.

If the unhooked Survivor takes any damage while affected by Deep Wound or if its timer ends, the unhooked Survivor is immediately put into the Dying State.

"Probably stings like hell, but it ain't gonna kill ya. Up and at 'em soldier. Time to move!" — Bill Overbeck

Comments

• AetherBytes
    edited July 2019

@BloodyTapp the original perk was 10/15/20, i just set it to straight 15 here.

Edit: The longer time is also because any damage to the survivor hurts both of them, plus the saviour is exposed so it's much more tantalizing to go for the rescuer first anyway.

• BloodyTapp
    BloodyTapp Member Posts: 108

@AetherBytes I didn't mean the time to mend yourself but the duration of protection you get. It's just a bit too long because you can't punish both the people for unsafe unhooks

Also, what does the exposed status make up for?

• AetherBytes
    edited July 2019

@BloodyTapp I updated my previous response with the first part, and the exposed status is since BT is meant to be anti-tunnel. The extended time helps a bit with that, but the saviour being exposed makes them a better target, as well as stopping them going for the save right in front of the killer or farming the survivor. It also fits with how bill in L4D2 was the one who'd protect everyone else at the cost of his own life.

• BloodyTapp

In my opinion it's unbalanced just because the timer of protection (15 seconds) is too long. I'd rather change only one thing of below:

• Reduce the timer to 5 seconds so they don't act like idiots with this perk
    • Expose the rescuer for the duration of protection
  • Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

or, or...stop camping the hook. thanks.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2019

I really, really hate anything allows players to play dumb with little fear of punishment. Borrowed Time is one of those things because the Survivor can unhook in the Killer's face and not have to worry about getting punished for it. I think the only thing it needs is to expose the rescuer. If that happens, then it also needs to apply to the i-frames when unhooking a Survivor (if you're unhooking a Survivor when the Killer is close by, you're basically telling them to put you on the hook and let the other Survivor go) and come with a fix to the Chaser Emblem where Killers get the proper points for an instadown.

@Mat_Sella

Do you need your no-skill saves that badly? Is getting into YouTube montages that important to you?

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Snakey, them swarming the hook when you leave might be no-skill saves, but you staying by the hook is no-skill hits.

Otherwise I agree with you.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

its nonsense from varius facts

rescuer already give killer free 2 hits and down 100% if killer facecamped

you can also chase unhooked person what to ever

and before that happen you can grap rescuer and you have 0ping

you can't complain about grab fail or fail to benefit because its easy to do it

for me i like that even i failed to grab still i can get free hook and chance to patrol unhooked person

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Borrowed Time doesn't need more buffs. Thanks to Legion, it went from "eh" to "meta" really fast. Its already one of the top perks due to how much time it can potentially waste of a killer's time.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Where does Make Your Choice come into this? Do you mean that you are Exposed for the duration that Borrowed Time is active (until the Survivor gets hit)?

If so, that seems like it would make Borrowed Time not worth running because the correct answer would always be to hit the rescuer instead of the unhooked person, so if the Killer is close enough to proc Borrowed Time, the rescuer is almost certainly going to take the unhooked Survivor's place. I guess in all fairness, it could create a weird situation where the fact that it exists would compel the Killer to attack the rescuer anyways in hopes that they have Borrowed Time only to find out that they don't, but I don't think I'd want the best use of a perk to be not using it and hoping that the Killer thinks they have it.

• AetherBytes

@TAG that is to stop people farming using BT, or otherwise unhooking in the killers face.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I get that, but to me, that seems to kinda just make BT unappealing overall.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

BT is good now, stop right there.

• TR_stonez
    TR_stonez Member Posts: 54

borrowed time is meant to counter killers that camp and tunnel to give the hooked survivor a chance. Instead of getting farmed. We wouldn't have to umhook in your face if you dont camp.

• Knayter
    Knayter Member Posts: 117

borrowtime is fine as it is right now

• BloodyTapp

As you mentioned, the killer has to decide whether to chase them for some time or just hit and let them escape freely so it doesn't defeat the point.

Your another point is that it has counters. I wouldn't want to be forced to use specific killers just to prevent one perk from activating, not to mention how crappy Insidious is. It's a bit like with pre-nerf Mettle of Man

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

I'm just thankful MoM + BT is no longer really a thing.

That was pure cancer for while it lasted.

• Boogiekingmyers
    Boogiekingmyers Member Posts: 44

Or you know, start patroling the gens like the game is supposed to be played and stop camping like your feet has been stuck up your ass.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    edited July 2019

Your phrasing is confusing. You make it sound like, if the killer hits the unhooked survivor it applies deep wound to both of them and exposed to the savior. If they're already injured with the deep wound effect, why would they need to be exposed?

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited July 2019

There's nothing wrong with borrowed time. If you are worried about people getting saved off hooks, you have a much larger problem than BT in my opinion.

If killer hits the unhooked deep wounds to both survivors (from full health even) is laughable. I also liked how you increased the window to 30 seconds to give the killer more time to hit the unhooked and get a free deep wounds on the savior.

I am not understanding how MYC got mentioned in there - thought this was about BT.

As for getting triggered because survivors unhook in a killers face, let me tell you how it usually goes...

Killer hooks survivor then proceeds to pretend to look around every corner and in every locker in the area of the hooked for the next 60 seconds until the survivor goes into 2nd stage. Since hooked survivor is going into second stage anyway, the saving survivor will make a save 'in the killer's face'. Killer wanted to tunnel unhooked survivor all along and hits them to discover BT is in effect. After match killer then proceeds to come to forum to present bad idea that makes BT useless and enables them to tunnel easier in the future.