Getting hit hurts, apparently

Hello, fellow survivors, killers and everything in between!

Friendly, extremely mediocre survivor main here! :)

Been playing this game on ps for about a year now, and I enjoy it so far. My skill at the game have evolved since I started playing, but nowdays it feels like I'm not getting much better anymore. I've somehow managed to reach rank 7, although I strongly believe I belong somewhere between 10-12... but I digress.

My main reason for seeking help from the community is that I'm not very good at getting chased. While I get the whole thing with mindgames, looping, pallets etc (not very good at it though), a killer chasing me doesn't usually have to work very hard to down me.

My question is this: Can you avoid getting hit? Looking at Youtube-videos, or playing killer myself, I can sometime see people avoiding hits like it's a breeze. Either they take a sharp turn, or they run straight in to the killers open arms and still avoid getting that hit. Naturally this fails whenever I try this. But can I execute this maneuver in way? If so, then how? What could I be doing wrong?

Cheers! <3

Comments

• Minibeasty
    Minibeasty Member Posts: 66

Oooh! So that's what it is? Looks tricky, but I'll give it a go.

Thank you!

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

360s dont work 90% of the time though.

its good versus bad killers, but i doubt you can pull it off with better killers, at least not constanly.

when you are in the open field, you usually get hit. 360s are like a desperate attempt to dodge the inevitable. you should really try to improve at looping if you wish to not go down so easily, everything else is very unreliable.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

It's about practicing your loops as tight as you can and knowing when you can throw down a pallet and when you can loop again and how to fake throwing a pallet and so on. It's also important to know how close a swing may hit you at normal latency and paying attention to your latency in the match and adjusting how you play accordingly.

• Minibeasty
    Minibeasty Member Posts: 66

Thank you all for clearing that up for me. Guess those 360s/180s isn't really worth the effort then?

Anyhow, I'll practice the loops then. :D

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    edited July 2019

there are some basic mindgames the killer will try to pull up on you, like moonwalking so they can hide their red stain and you can't tell where they'll come from, however it only works if the walls are long.

double back in an attempt to cut you off, this can easily backfire if you bait the killer into doubling back giving you major distances.

the killer shack can either be your safe haven or can screw you if the killer downs you there cuz most times the basement will be there. also try to save the shack's pallet. if there's only 2 or 1 generators left. no need to waste it early cuz there'll be a lot of pallets early game..

also one last thing, you can't exactly "master" loops since it's just a ring around the rosie

and it's a gamble, if the killer respects the pallet. you get to go around the pallet again wasting more of the killer's precious time, if you get greedy the killer can catch up to you before you reach it again. dead hard however can prevent your greedy mistake if you use it properly. hugging walls can help you reach the pallet early. it's a decent tactic.

these are my tips.. hope they help

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    edited July 2019

i used to be great at 360s but after not playing for a while killers seemingly adapted to every way i do my 360s so its almost imposible for me to do on ps4, that or hitboxes are really broken

my guess is its just imposible to do anymore lol

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

OH, I thought you were talking about hitboxes. xD Yeah, 360s aren't worth it, usually, in higher ranks.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

I suck at loops and rely on line of sight jukes and 180s. My 180s only work in open areas, so maps like Lery's, Haddonfield, Preschool, and the Game are painful on me. Pallets are the main defenses though :)

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

I'd say 360s aren't really worth it at any rank. Even if they succeed, you're better off tanking a hit to sprint to the next loop.

One thing a friend does, over and friggin over, is attempt to zigzag. It's the dumbest move ever, and has only ever worked against baby nurses, but he's got it in his head as some kind of preprogrammed response to danger.

As killer, all you have to do against a 360, 180, or other altered behaviour is aim for the middle and stop running for a split second, your attack cone and auto aim will do the rest.