Ghostface: A Serious Discussion

Options
HatCreature
HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

First off this is not a complaint thread but a discussion on his ability and how it can be improved.

Ghostface and Meyers are similar but each have their own strengths and weaknesses which set them apart and make them unique, like Billy and Leatherface. The problem I see with Ghostface is that the current maps we have are suited for chases more than stealth, Ghostface's ability prospers on maps with walls, lots of corners, and large objects such as on Haddonfield, The Game, and the new Springwood variations. But his ability becomes difficult to use on more open maps such as the Swamps, the farms, and maps with huge gaps in the middle where the Gens like to be. His ability is hindered or balanced with his Spotting feature and that sets him apart from Mikey but also makes the map his worst enemy and since the maps are lot harder to change than abilities I got to thinking what if we found another way to balance Ghostface's Exposure ability?

If we think out of the box in this thread we can find other ways to balance his Nightshroud, what if Spotting wasn't in the picture? What would we replace it with and why would it be better and still make him unique to Michael? Spotting is a cool way to cancel his potentially OP ability but it hurts Killers when our power lies in the hands of Survivors and now the very maps we play in so I want everyone who is interested to lay out some ideas on what could replace or perhaps improve on Nightshroud and the Spotting.

Also, before anyone says git gud and figure out how to hide just save it, I know how to hide but only Wraith can stand completely still out in the open and not get seen. There are trees to hide behind but 3 Survivors at a Gen in front of that tree can circle around you and break you out, that's not getting good that is bad RNG when you have nowhere to hide but the worst spot. When you only have 1 tree or a small bush then staying hidden and not getting broken out is incredibly difficult. I have a P3 ghostface and he's in my top 3 Killers.

Post edited by HatCreature on

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

First this is gonna get locked imma be honest why your language is gonna be why secondly you cant make ghostface "invisible while stalking" because it has potential to be abused the best way to fix this would be to make his hotbox smaller while crouched it feels pretty big even while crouched.

• HatCreature
    Options

@Hexyl Nowhere did I ever insinuate Ghostface should be invisible. I mentioned Wraith as an example not as an improvement, yes Ghostface being invisible would def be OP that's number 1 on the list of not doing. Do you have any ideas on how to improve Ghostface or are you content with giggling Survivors eyeballing you and laughing at you trying to use your ability?

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

I think Ghostface is fine in his current state, maybe add a few more walls or objects to hide behind on maps with large open areas to make it harder to reveal him, and if 3 survivors surround you and their near, you can pretty much get a free hit and continue chasing.

• HatCreature
    Options

I'll get the ball rolling since no one seems to like to brainstorm. Whether you are good as him or not is not the issue, you can be good as the OG Freddy but he needed a rework. Just as you can be good as Ghostface but still have little opportunity to use your ability because of bad map design.

So instead of Spotting to break Ghostface out of his ability what if his Nightshroud was on a Timer?

Reduce Ghostface's TR to 24 and then make his Nightshroud last for 1:30, it is longer than Mikey's BUT he can still only Mark 1 Survivor at a time and he can be broken out with stuns and he still loses it whenever he swings his weapon. I know his NS is powerful at loops so what if when he finally Marks a Survivor his NS is reduced to 30 seconds and then it goes away and charges back up?

This means he has to walk up close to a Gen and then activate NS, this takes time but not too much time and it still only takes I think 30 seconds to charge back up. He can use his ability just as often as he always does but he now has a set timer for the NS. The downside is that you may activate it too soon and not Mark someone in time or anyone at all but your reduced TR to 24 means you can get closer, M&A makes it a 16m TR giving you more breathing room.

Now this is not a legit idea, I know it is bad and makes Ghostface less viable but it is to get the ball rolling on better ideas. You don't need to say this idea is ######### since it is not a serious idea since it could make him worse and I know that, it is something to get the juices flowing for better ideas :)

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

@HatCreature

Why not make it to were if a survivor makes a unsafe unhook they receive his ability on to them. And aura display 5 seconds. Teach u to unhook unsafely.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

Honestly and I'm sorry @HatCreature I didn't mean to change it gonna post my own topic.

• Sollypanda
    Sollypanda Member Posts: 2
    Options

I feel like Ghost face is broken for two reasons

1) unless GF is right in front of a survivor they can't get him out of NS

2) sometimes survivors can just click the camera to break him out NS

I play on PS4 so it might be a bit different but I know what you mean @HatCreature but I do think that the timer idea is good. This would add some skill to playing him as well so you don't just run around with no TR. But I think that they still need to tweak the reveal hotbox or whatever it's called.

• s0cial_outc4st
    s0cial_outc4st Member Posts: 59
    Options

I really like the timer idea. I think if timing it right when activating NS is part of his ability, you're forced to pay more attention to the game and strategize. It's a learning process and people will get mad but the majority will learn.

If not a change in his ability, than making it so he can't be revealed through walls would be a great improvement.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

I think they need to be able to reveal ghostface with flashlights only.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

it is true, maps are mainly designed to be a super mario kart circuit rather than stealthy, scary maps...

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243
    Options

I personally think Ghostface is one of the harder killers right now and the few games I played against him were 4k's. It almost seemed like people just kinda gave up or just played really bad when they realized who the killer was. Seems to be a trend that people insta-unhook for points and let themselves die on first hook?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,054
    Options

I think people underestimate his Nightshroud in a chase. He's short and all survivors have to go off of on a lot of tiles is the red stain. I can't tell you the number of times I've been downed by a red rank Ghostface simply because I lost track of them at a jungle gym.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Because a scary map is only scary the first 2 times you play it, and "more stealthy" map, ok lets make all maps like The Game, we'll see how fun and exciting that little experiment will be.

• purplerain
    purplerain Member Posts: 92
    Options

he is not fine , not only survivors break him out of stalk which could be fine if not for the long cd , this make him pretty much runnin m1 killer becauue you need wait ages for cd , if he gets 4 k on rank 1 that means you and your team is pretty bad ,

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

He's Myers tier. He's fine and needs no changes aside from the inconsistent revealing.

• purplerain
    purplerain Member Posts: 92
    Options

funny , id rather be easier spooted than have crippled ability that i use few times a match

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

Ghost Face buffs needed in my opinion : Object of Obsession doesn't work while he is in Night Shroud and shorter cooldown. The fact that he can be revealed easily wouldn't matter so much if his cooldown wouldn't been so punishing.

• Fictionalname
    Fictionalname Member Posts: 121
    Options

They need to revert the 8% ez spot on Ghostface and he will be ok. Until then hes just a trash m1 killer with nothing new to the table.

It's incredible how people doesn't see anything wrong with a killer where you can literally cancel his power by accidentally looking at him. Canceling a killers power as a survivor shouldn't even be a thing at all.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I have an absolutey absteract and weird Idea to change him.

• Put his TR-reduction stealth effect into his crouched-stance instead of his fickle Nightshroud-buff
    • Stalking stays with Nightshroud

This will let him ambush a first prey even if he is spotted by a second one.

One of the reasons I dislike his kit is that getting spotted disables "both" of his powers.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited July 2019
    Options

That’s actually a cool idea, it would probably need more balancing to night shroud as a result but it’s not a bad idea.

This pretty much summarises my problem with him, decent ability and potential to be really strong but without addons for cooldown good luck using your power in a versatile way. I.e. attempting a stalk and then using it for chases on others in a short time.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Idk what to tell you. I do just fine with his ability and I'm able to get a decent amount of survivors exposed

• HatCreature
    Options

@Gorgonia I thought about this idea too and thought maybe a special Flashlight used only for revealing GF could be spread throughout the map but thought it would be too silly to have Ghostface be THAT crippled by flashlights.

@Raptorrotas I'm surprised people actually liked my idea, I like yours though. Keeping his stealth in Crouch makes him more like Pig and solves his issue of being an M1 Killer when he is revealed which I hate. It is silly to lose all of his abilities and really hurts him so I think putting his Stalk in NS makes perfect sense.

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383
    Options

Not a fan of a timer on his ability, seems unnecessary imo. He could use a little tlc regarding how he is revealed, personally in about 25 games I've played with him, I get revealed about half the time I am in NS, otherwise, I can usually get a stalk off before being revealed. I'm not rank 1, but rank doesn't mean everything either.

Either way, I'm not sure how he could be fixed or improved upon. Ghost face seems pretty balanced when I've played him, but that is just my opinion :)

I'm just happy Bill is finally coming to console!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Ghostface is actually a strong killer but it requires you to have a lot of awareness of survivors' general positions. If you never even have a clue about where they are you will not have a good time because they will break your stalk constantly.

The only change I'd want to see is just fix the buggy break out mechanic. It seems so inconsistent. Sometimes a survivor breaks my stalk when they are miles away or behind an object. Other times they will be standing there staring me in the face while I mark them super easy. Other times the Killer Instinct blip doesn't even come up at all. Fix the bugs and I'm sure most people wouldn't have a problem with him.

• HatCreature
    Options

@thesuicidefox fixing the buggy breakout would be ideal, I get broken out behind walls, around corners, it really sucks when you're chasing someone around the shack and they break you out after they turn the corner.

• Kiskashi
    edited July 2019
    Options

That killer instinct thing seems to happen in a few of my matches, do you notice it’s if a survivor is close and behind an object/debris at all? I tend to not get the notification if they’re too close to me at the time. Or at least that’s what the general trend of that seems to be.

But then thinking about it when I was revealed by a Nea recently from behind a window and those weird display stands in the gas heaven map main building I still got the notification then and she was at about the same distance as I’ve found survivors that revealed me without notification, seems even that is inconsistent. Maybe you are right, if the bugs were fixed maybe it would solve a lot of issues to be had with his gameplay.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2019
    Options

Without the blip I have no idea who broke my stalk.

• Kiskashi
    edited July 2019
    Options

I just have a general idea in some of these situations because they usually run immediately afterwards or I investigate the area and find only them crouched behind something etc while I know others have to be elsewhere (I.e. discordance) It’s not a certain thing because like you said there’s no way to know for sure without it. Just feels really inconsistent especially if I can find only them really close by after it but not get the notification on half the occasions that it happens. Who knows though, it’s just a guess based on an observation since we don’t have any real reason why the notification doesn’t occur in some situations.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616
    Options

Ghostface could use a buff. The new Freddy's teleport ability should have been given to Ghostface. If spotted by a survivor, he should be able to teleport to that survivor and perform a "Strong attack", taking down 2 health states.

• eddie_duckman9
    eddie_duckman9 Member Posts: 8
    Options

No

• fahad0595
    fahad0595 Member Posts: 57
    Options

GhostFace is in a fine spot right now doesnt need any nerf/buffs. that's my opinion

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

Loser Face™ doesn't need "small tweaks". Just like every killer since the Clown, he needs to be completely reworked because his power is utter garbage.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531
    Options

I'll be damned if this isn't another killer thread begging for buffs.. LOL

• HatCreature
    Options

Some people in these forums are so blind, the Killers in this game have serious problems and many players just can't see it, profoundly annoying.