Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How would you build Jason?

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Was just curious. A thread yesterday peaked my interest. Now, he may never be introduced, with money and rights and all in the way. However, if he was, what would you think would be the perfect representation of Jason in the game?

Comments

• Crazy_John
    Crazy_John Member Posts: 18

Hmm, an interesting yet passionate question. First off, Jason is known for not only his mobility, but brutality. So a Base Movement speed of 115% would feel most fitted for him.

Power would have to be something to help in a chase. I think throwing knives would suit him, but unlike the Huntress Hatchets, they do no damage, instead cause Exhaustion and slow the target for a couple of seconds, allowing him to close the distance. It would be a cooldown power, a knive say every 30 seconds and slows the hit target for 5 seconds. This will prevent knife spamming but still give a good benefit to using them.

Perks would have to start with one i call: Rise Again. This perk actually benefits from being slammed by pallets or blinded by flashlights. Making Jason move faster by a total of 1% per pallet for a total of 2, 3, 4 pallets.

Second Perk would be Brutal Hunter. This would be an Obsession perk. Every time you chase and hit your Obsession within 15 seconds of chase beginning, you gain 1 of up to 2, 3, 4 tokens. These tokens can be consumed to break through a pallet while walking, or very quickly hop through a window. Tough to get, but very beneficial to chase those loopers.

Third Perk is Mama's Boy. Once every 50, 45, 40 seconds, hear your mothers voice calling from a certain direction. This voice leads you to a random survivor. Could be the closest, could be the farthest. It would be up to the killer to head there or not.

As for his Mori, there are a number of options. Though to keep the none body parts flying bit, it would be best to go with a gruesome neck snap. Just grabbing the Survivor by the head as he lifts them into the air, squeezing. The survivor clawing at the hands trying to get them off, ending with a quick and loud snap as Jason rapidly twists the head so it faces backwards. Survivor face frozen in a pained scream of agony.

Least this is how I would like to see Jason.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

With Legos

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

I more or less see Jason as being able to walk through pallets.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Lincoln logs and Knex mixed. Held together with gorilla glue probably.

• NerfItNow
    NerfItNow Member Posts: 8

It's going to depend on which Jason you're talking about, if he's part 2-4 he'd be moderately fast. If it's parts 6-9 he'd be a rather slow character.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018
    edited July 2019

hmmmm, Clay and maybe some crayons can help, markers and paint can work too!

Hope you have fun making Jason!

EDIT: Paper mache works a charm

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

When it comes to movie killers, I always try to create a build for them that is accurate to their character in their films. So, regardless of which film version of Jason that would be in game, Brutal Strength is a no brainer for him. I would also say Enduring makes sense for his character. Monitor and Abuse is debatable as well.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

Mashed potatoes, some toothpicks, olives for eyes ...

• sam
    sam Member Posts: 29

i think jason should be able to teleport to players with a phasing animation like spirit, but with auto aim. and have a 35 meter lunge (maybe more that kinda seems under powered) and i feel like he needs a black skin-tight latex jumpsuit.

• Ttwylerr
    Ttwylerr Member Posts: 106
  • Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

I would give him the ability to break the windows somehow. I mean instead of vaulting them, by charging a power, pass through them like in the f13 game when you pass through doors with rage