Endgame is a problem.

Options
Faceless
Faceless Member Posts: 121

It is impossible to be the last player of the game and the killer to close the hatch and the gates respawn side by side, it is simply impossible to open the gate with a nurse / hillbilly / hag /.This demotivates a lot of survivor playing. You try to do everything to escape and simply the hatch is closed and the counter starts you can't get out the gate because they are next to each other

This is so sad and frustrating

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

I find it balanced quite well with its randomness. I can't say I have found it favoring one side more than the other and with 4 possible ways to escape even if the killer is dominating, it really comes down to decisions and mistakes for both parties.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
    Options

Its fine get over it

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    Options

Well, if survivors didn't do all gens before dying, they did really poorly. You even have hatch without doing any gens! Stop complaining.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250
    Options

The RNG has a nice duality to it. The gates can spawn next to each other making them hard to open, or they can spawn far apart from each other, making them hard to patrol.

They're fine.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

Get over it. You should think about this before teabagging all match or at least your team mates doing it and causing themself to be killed often in the stupidest way possible (is getting too cocky)

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

Such a wrong mindset, especially when we talk about 4 random solo survivors.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696
    Options

@DaS_only it isn't, if so use a key. if not just take the L

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

I don't know how many times i need to repeat this "first to the hatch wins". Why should you be rewarded for being bad at the game.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

The EGC is not concerned with benefiting one side or the other, it's just there to put a time limit on the match.

Don't expect an escape until you've run out the gate or jumped through the hatch. That's as silly as killers expecting a kill until the survivor in question is dead in one way or another.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options

You don’t get to have the luxury of a team to help you survive the Killer only when it’s beneficial, then when it becomes detrimental you suddenly get to have the power to stand up to the Killer solo. ( IE : Old Hatch stand offs).

You live as a team, you die as a team. It’s that simple. Your team failed, like it or not, you were part of that team. However, you are rewarded for simply outliving everyone else via a chance at the hatch. Further rewarded for failing to even get that by a very small chance to open a door.

If any mindset is wrong, it’s thinking that you should have anything at all after failure, twice over. However the developers did give you one anyway.

• TheIdeaMind2000
    TheIdeaMind2000 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Geez this is a lot of commotion...But it's far worse then 3 minutes when survivor(s) teabag at the exit gates for almost the duration that's why they made it 2.

P.s. most gates spawn either side by side or across so if you complain about it then I'd advise to bring a key if your at that rank

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

You can't win them all. Deal with it

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2019
    Options

And if you can't kill anyone during the game, why should you be rewarded for being bad at the game. Because you can close the hatch and if doors spawn together you could kill us anyway.

Post edited by prayer_survivor on
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options
  • martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

Killers can only close the hatch when there is 1 person left, so if i was a bad killer and still closed the hatch that would mean 3 people escaped through the doors and so could the last person. What are you trying to argue? Killers don't get a second chance to complain about, while survivors get a second & third chance despite not being able to repair 5 generators and apparently that still isn't good enough. Would you rather they went back to hatch stand offs?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

The exit Gate spawn location is a double-edged sword if they spawn on different sides of the map even with high mobility Killers it essentially comes down to if you don't pick the right exit Gate you're basically screwed the survivors going to escape.

As for the last survivor something I suggest which has helped me out a lot when I play Survivor is the combination of wake up and spine chill it won't always save you but it should definitely increase your survival rates

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Does it? I was playing on Badham 3 I think? And I counted 5 pallets that I could see from the gen I was repairing

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

honestly, i dont think you need another second chance.

at some point the killer deserves the 4k.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

It's fine as it is

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options
  • saiisam
    saiisam Member Posts: 33
    Options

Another player on here recommended this, and ever since I’ve done it, I’ve escaped almost 60% of the time.

As soon as the killer closes the hatch, go to one of the gates and, after making sure the killer’s done patrolling it, open it for 4 seconds, leave it and hide. This way the lights stay off and you’re left with less time to open the gate. Wait for the killer to patrol again, and continue opening the gate as soon as they leave. Usually, it’ll be too late for them to down you by the time they reach your gate.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Hah! That's why I use Whispers lately on all my killers :)

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    edited July 2019
    Options

If the killer is so bad they killed no one and you STILL can’t escape with at least one exit gate already open even before the killer closes the hatch, you deserve to die, sorry not sorry. And realistically that’s rarely gonna happen, but if it does, that’s because it’s a 4 v 1 for a reason and if you’re left in a 1 v 1, you SHOULD be disadvantaged to some extent as the survivor. There is no reason you need or deserve the hatch if the exit is already open.

• saiisam
    saiisam Member Posts: 33
    Options

That’s why I stay outside the Whispers radius when I hide near a gate, juuust in case.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,347
    edited July 2019
    Options

I mean, I was just playing a game as Spirit on Haddonfield, I closed the hatch and the one survivor that I hadn't seen all match managed to escape through a door despite the doors being right next to each other and I was patrolling them both (without wake up btw)

• Beepbop123
    Beepbop123 Member Posts: 21
    Options

Swings in roundabouts, killer has the same frustration when the doors spawn far apart how can they stop you or when the 3rd survivor dies its a mad dash for both the last survivor and the killer to find the hatch. RNG for both sides i guess.

Plus escaping is not the be all and end all, you can do alot for your team and you get rewarded with bp and pip.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options

In your scenario, survivors:

1. Failed to survive
    2. Failed to do all gens
    3. Failed to find hatch first

Yet, they’re still entitled to a free escape?

• Kralle
    Kralle Member Posts: 121
    Options

At first I felt like you. But after some time I think it is fair. Like the guy above me already wrote it.

And I kinda feel quite satisfied if the killer closes the hatch but you still manage somehow to open the door. Espescially against nurse or billy.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Here we go again. Read this twice.

IF YOURE THE LAST ALIVE AND THE HATCH IS YOUR ESCAPE, YOU HAVE ALREADY FAILED AND EGC IS A LAST CHACE. NOT THE INTENDED ESCAPE. ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY.

Can we be done with the EGC is unfair crap now?

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636
    Options

There are only 7-8 maps out of all 23 where this is even possible, where all killers can reach both doors before either can be opened. For Billy and Nurse, I haven't worked out the exact maps but it's about 11 of them. The Hag is more difficult to measure because she needs to be within range as her trap is set off to make any use of them.

As it stands, EGC is heavily-detrimental to killers in both scenarios. In scenario 1 where survivors have finished the gens, they can 99% progress the door and leave it without it regressing. They can still hold the game hostage unless the killer themselves opens the door, which is intended purely to humiliate.

In scenario 2 where the killer has found the hatch, they are screwed-over by the fact that closing it powers the gates, which defeats the entire purpose of killers having requested this feature. It's replaced one stand-off with another because unless the gates are close enough and the survivor is incredibly foolish, the survivor still wins. The killer is left having to decide in those circumstances whether closing the hatch is best. The survivor can still work the gens, the killer has to stay near the hatch because they can't hatch-grab any more. On most dice-rolls, the survivor is going to win.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

What I thought it should change is: more than two people in the match and two exit gates open. I was thinking that the time remaining should go faster (at double speed as an example). In that way, it'll fix survivors who take the killer hostage for one minute and a few seconds to troll the killer in the doors as the EGC is not ended.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

And about. When the killer sacrifice the third survivor I search the exit gate, not the hatch, in that way I can stand a chance.

• Scytere
    Scytere Member Posts: 123
    Options

Then don't play anymore. Find another game. The devs are not going to fix this because it isn't an issue, only YOUR issue. Guess you better get better at playing.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,569
    Options

It is HIGHLY unlikely a Killer will pip or get a 3K if they haven't killed anyone during the first phase. If you die to the EGC, it is your own fault when you have a full team. Here's another mistake you made, the game isn't over until the last Survivor leaves. EGC is the END GAME COLLAPSE, not THE GAME IS OVER COLLAPSE. Get used to it, it's staying.