Add skill checks to lit totems

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Just an idea I had in a match earlier. What if lit totems required skill checks? Just about everything else does.

Edit: I figure lit totems should have a bit of risk involved when cleansing them. Killers are risking a perk slot for whatever hex they're running, give it a bit of protection.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited July 2019

90% of all skill checks succeed, at least according to the last statistic I saw (though it is fairly old, skill checks have not changed, so I see no reason why the success rate would have changed). This would just decrease cleansing time.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

i wouldn't mind this, on the premise that it acts like healing checks and doesn't reveal your location on a fail (besides making a noise.) that being said they should be hard, and also regress the totem by quite a bit, perhaps 12% something like overcharge level 1 perhaps.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    edited July 2019

Why so much rudeness and sarcasm? We are suggesting ideas and we are being very educated, you don't need to be this rude to us. It make people to not want to discuss with you.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608

fair enough, the sarcasm was perhaps a bit much, but beyond that first little snippet all I did was offer realistic advice... it's not that hard to add the totem to your patrol route.

(Might want to get some thicker skin though, that sarcasm was super light compared to most responses on these forums)

killers have it far easier than we used to and I keep seeing more and more requested changes that just make it even easier.

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392

useless

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

Sorry dude now I feel bad, I'm just chillin' in my bed while writing on the forums until I fell asleep and your comment surprised me a bit, I didn't expect it xD anyway, just think about this scenario:

You are patrolling gens and you decide to check your hex: ruin which is placed behind a rock. If the survivor who is cleansing it sees you he will crouch away and come later (and you as the killer will never know a survivor was there) but with the skillchecks idea maybe he would fail a skillcheck at the moment he leaves. This will make the killer know that a survivor was there, so it's a form of protection. As I said it's just an idea in not saying to the devs "implement this!" xD

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Don't see why not, not like skill checks ever bothered me. Would increase the viability of Doctor / Unnerving Presence

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608

I mean... it would make me feel more comfortable NOT running Hex:TotH, but I still feel like killers are in a pretty good spot right now and don't need any more help atm.

but I only use Hex's with a full Hex build, so I'm probably biased...

Thrill of the Hunt, Ruin, Haunted Grounds, and then some filler perk for the fourth.

just those three alone allow me plenty of fun (and time wasters) for the totems.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    edited July 2019

Sure, But add skill checks to killer pickup animation.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

This game doesn't need even more skill checks.