Can you guys define a win in DBD?

Options

I hear many peps say they want to win buut as there are many definitions of win in DBD i'd like the forum's users' s input. What is winning as both killer and survivor.

For me as a survivor would be a pip( In life or death) without like cheating and the like.

For killer its either a kill ( when gens done in 6 or less mins) or a kill and a pip when not the case ( without cheats as well).

I also consider a win if the end game chat is a positive one in a loss for both sides as well (especially as killer i feel less bad personally, especially if i got outplayed (as in like losing a survivor because he/she was good at it)) often ending up in me friending them in steam( and in some cases me playing with them in SWF ( no comms) as well.

What are your definitions guys/gals? (Keep it positive or memeable).

Comments

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    As a survivor I either consider it a win if I escape, or if die and pip anyway. As a killer, I consider a 2k and a pip a win. But as long as I had a fun match, then it doesn't matter all that much, win or lose.

I agree too , person of the web.

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    As a survivor I either consider it a win if I escape, or if die and pip anyway. As a killer, I consider a 2k and a pip a win. But as long as I had a fun match, then it doesn't matter all that much, win or lose.

The best / worst part of the game is the end game chat personally. And DS.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    As a Survivor : Escape is the ultimate goal, but a black pip and die is fine as well. As a Killer : 2+ Kills is the goal, but just a pip is fine. I’m a little more harsh on myself as Killer, simply because I don’t want to set the bar too low and not be at least a challenge for the Survivors.
  • pauloandrade22
    Options

@SovererignKing said:
    As a Survivor : Escape is the ultimate goal, but a black pip and die is fine as well. As a Killer : 2+ Kills is the goal, but just a pip is fine. I’m a little more harsh on myself as Killer, simply because I don’t want to set the bar too low and not be at least a challenge for the Survivors.

i personally think that a safety is a tie and i dont like it honestly. but i respect Your POV Sovererign

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232
    Options

I agree with you as a survivor indeed a win is a pip. A double pip means you put on a dominant performance as a survivor, some could say in that case perhaps you even carried the team. For killer getting at least 2 kills really signifies a successful match in my view. But pipping as killer with 4 escapes feels like a loss. Personally I enjoy giving props to the killer or survivor who played an exceptional match. Face campers, griefers and trolls I've learned over time to just never make a comment, I don't like feeding into it and I don't want them thinking about me when post match chat is over.

There are other times where a loss feels like a win, if I pull off a really good juke it feels like a win and something to remember, get tunneled in a chase for most of the match and or camped I depip because all I did was get chased (which is not enough to pip) at least I can take some pride knowing my team will respect the fact I distracted the killer long enough for them all to pip with ease and escape at my expense it can still feel like a win.

• pauloandrade22
    edited July 2018
    Options

@ChraizE said:
    I agree with you as a survivor indeed a win is a pip. A double pip means you put on a dominant performance as a survivor, some could say in that case perhaps you even carried the team. For killer getting at least 2 kills really signifies a successful match in my view. But pipping as killer with 4 escapes feels like a loss. Personally I enjoy giving props to the killer or survivor who played an exceptional match. Face campers, griefers and trolls I've learned over time to just never make a comment, I don't like feeding into it and I don't want them thinking about me when post match chat is over.

There are other times where a loss feels like a win, if I pull off a really good juke it feels like a win and something to remember, get tunneled in a chase for most of the match and or camped I depip because all I did was get chased (which is not enough to pip) at least I can take some pride knowing my team will respect the fact I distracted the killer long enough for them all to pip with ease and escape at my expense it can still feel like a win.

i see i see.

If i got skillfully outplayed im fine with the outcome (especially as killer as that is often not the case as stalling is not outplaying me personally) That and a positive end game chat if i lose does not feel like a loss. If not it depends on what they say or similar( in game skill, DS BS( as in bullshit),and others).

Personally Face campers( which was a fixed exploit but oh well) dont make me mad or anything (most of the time) because its very common that the killer feels disgusted or some other negative feeling when theydo it anyways (like me for example).

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ok might be unpopular opinion but I’m not much of a play to win type kind of guy. Like sure I reach red ranks but it’s like there honestly isn’t any incentives to be in red ranks so I take my time. Once I reach red ranks I’m like ok time to play a different game till next rank reset. So I’m just glad to get in a game and earn blood points and shards.

Edit: I have the thanos mentality: I’m rooting for the other team to win for example if I’m a survivor I root for the killer if I’m killer I root for the survivors (I know it’s weird but that’s how I play)
  • SNTD
    SNTD Member Posts: 84
    Options

2 kills are the standard for me.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018
    Options

As Survivor dying or not doesn't really matter as long as you know you have Pip. Once you have pip you have won

2 kills should not be by any means a win for the Killer, there are many cases where the entity still counts it as a loss despite you killing all 4 / 2, punishing you for killing them too quick, especially with Myer add-ons

and punishing you for the lack of points in other categories due to the games being too quick

Not too bad since you can use those to De-rank anyway

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    Ok might be unpopular opinion but I’m not much of a play to win type kind of guy. Like sure I reach red ranks but it’s like there honestly isn’t any incentives to be in red ranks so I take my time. Once I reach red ranks I’m like ok time to play a different game till next rank reset. So I’m just glad to get in a game and earn blood points and shards.

Edit: I have the thanos mentality: I’m rooting for the other team to win for example if I’m a survivor I root for the killer if I’m killer I root for the survivors (I know it’s weird but that’s how I play)

thats rather good. i have games too as a survivor where i am rooting for the killer too (when hes being looped and/or similar but i wont sabotage games(intentionally) of course.

But as killer im like 90% not rotting for them at all (unless they are friends but i very rarely had that situation)

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@SNTD said:
    2 kills are the standard for me.

Thats is cool by me.

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@Someissues said:
    As Survivor dying or not doesn't really matter as long as you know you have Pip. Once you have pip you have won

2 kills should not be by any means a win for the Killer, there are many cases where the entity still counts it as a loss despite you killing all 4 / 2, punishing you for killing them too quick, especially with Myer add-ons

and punishing you for the lack of points in other categories due to the games being too quick

Not too bad since you can use those to De-rank anyway

Personally if i 2 or three maned if not 4 maned it does not matter what time it took the game to end. but i will pip (2 man is the safety pip at best part).

I remember i had a PTSD game as leatherface in badham in the fake basement magic house where 2 (i think) SWF (I dunno if they were all 4 SWF) just infinited me for like 15 minutes straight each time i hit them they swiched and it was absolutely horrible. I got 24 000 ish if not more points and a safety pip. But the game was a massive Disaster for me with a 4 man escape. I even got a pick up animation canceled for Some ######### reason. So from there on i stoped caring about points especially since i have all the perks i want for my killers anyways.
    But i respect your POV person of the web.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    This is a score based game.

Escaping. Killing. Doing gens. These are all just scoring events.

Rank is only about matchmaking, thus pips are not a factor of “winning the match”. They are just there to move you around in the matchmaking que.

Your score, excluding offering bonuses, is what determines “winning”
  • TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89
    Options
    As survivor a win to me is surviving against unlikely odds. Surviving normally just seems like clockwork and wether I live or die I seem to pip so it doesn't matter to me. Although any game where I'm chased all 5 gens and still escape and actually makes my heart race is a win for me. Or like I'm being camped and someone actually manages to save me and we all escape. Or finding the hatch after the rest of my team was demolished against a good killer. I like those games a lot.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options
    Depends on what I’m actually trying to get out of the match.
    If I achieve my target then I chalk it up as a personal win, sod the system

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@Runiver said:
    Winning is having fun in a round.
    As simple as that.

yeah that too.

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    This is a score based game.

Escaping. Killing. Doing gens. These are all just scoring events.

Rank is only about matchmaking, thus pips are not a factor of “winning the match”. They are just there to move you around in the matchmaking que.

Your score, excluding offering bonuses, is what determines “winning”

for me it depends . If i got infinited by the survivor but get like 26 000 BP then i had 0 fun and there fore i lost ya get me?

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

Having fun, but sadly I don't get this from either side anymore.

Survivors seem to think we all want instant 4ks but that's not the case... I can 4k and still feel as if I lost.

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@Paddy4583 said:
    Depends on what I’m actually trying to get out of the match.
    If I achieve my target then I chalk it up as a personal win, sod the system

Thats a nice way to see it too.

• pauloandrade22
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Doom_Punk said:
    Having fun, but sadly I don't get this from either side anymore.

Survivors seem to think we all want instant 4ks but that's not the case... I can 4k and still feel as if I lost.

That sucks . Sorry to hear that.
    And yeah i dont like the "we all want instant 4ks" mentality. I just want to feel outplayed not out stalled you know?

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@TangledHelix said:
    As survivor a win to me is surviving against unlikely odds. Surviving normally just seems like clockwork and wether I live or die I seem to pip so it doesn't matter to me. Although any game where I'm chased all 5 gens and still escape and actually makes my heart race is a win for me. Or like I'm being camped and someone actually manages to save me and we all escape. Or finding the hatch after the rest of my team was demolished against a good killer. I like those games a lot.

If i get saved at the end from a camping killer i honestly feel bad for the killer especially if the game was a gen rush game ( gens done in 6 mins or less). But i know what you feel as well.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

when you and the killer agree that your bad team mates were bad.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

as a killer, i consider it a 'win' if i don't have to walk across the room to pick up my controller before starting another game.... its an added bonus if i can avoid kicking out the screen of my television.... i find victories wherever possible....

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@akbays35 said:
    when you and the killer agree that your bad team mates were bad.

Fair enough

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    as a killer, i consider it a 'win' if i don't have to walk across the room to pick up my controller before starting another game.... its an added bonus if i can avoid kicking out the screen of my television.... i find victories wherever possible....

LOL 10 Of 10 best reason.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 927
    Options

I think Identity V (DBD's mobile version) has it a win for the killer if 3+ die, a win for the survivors if 3+ live, and a draw if it goes even at 2 dead/alive. I like that way of thinking.

Though, I do admit to considering it a win if I pip against a try hard SWF even if only one dies.

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@Beaburd said:
    I think Identity V (DBD's mobile version) has it a win for the killer if 3+ die, a win for the survivors if 3+ live, and a draw if it goes even at 2 dead/alive. I like that way of thinking.

Though, I do admit to considering it a win if I pip against a try hard SWF even if only one dies.

From what i have seen Indentity V seems significantly better designed than dbd at the moment so yeah . And it has a casual and ranked mode to boot.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,367
    Options
    Instead of buffing killers enough to be able to kill they just brainwashed people to think winning is pipping. Unless I killed at least two I failed. 3 or more is a strong win. 
  • pauloandrade22
    Options

@Blueberry said:
    Instead of buffing killers enough to be able to kill they just brainwashed people to think winning is pipping. Unless I killed at least two I failed. 3 or more is a strong win. 

I think its more like everyone has a different view on what is a win hence why i asked that question to the people. But fair enough.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    I don't even consider two kills a win as a killer, just a straight tie (which apparently, identity V agrees with this definition as well) because I could just camp my first victim and get one other kill and that would be essentially the same. I'm not that much of a camper lol
  • Tsukirose31
    Tsukirose31 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    As a survivor main I honestly dont care if I live or die.  I just want to play a good game. I want to feel accomplished at the end of the match.  Like putting up a good chase, no I dont use flashlights, I've been practicing my jukes.  I'm horrible with flashlights.  If I can keep the killer busy for a while then I feel very proud of myself.  If I get most of the gens done or do the most saves I feel pretty good.  Surviving is just a bonus way to get more BP for me.  
  • chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    Options
    132:34 is a win for me when I laugh this hard I can't breath haha . https://youtu.be/CgbP39oiGZ4 
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

By having fun.... Allot of times in the game you can experience unfun things... so when you have fun... Then you win!

GO SCHOOL!

• Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    Options
    If i gain 1 pip, it's a win for me. 
    No problem with getting hooked, as long as i earned some points. 
  • Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2018
    Options

As killer: 3 kills or better.
    As survivor: +1 pip or better.

However, I consider the following a "draw":

As killer: 2 kills 2 escapes.
    As survivor: a safety pip.

This is a loss:

As killer: 1 kill or worse
    As survivor: -1 pip or worse.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

A win is when I had fun and at least slightly managed to do some objectives

• OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125
    edited July 2018
    Options

For me a win as a Killer is 3 kills and a win for a survivor is 2 survivors get out alive.

In my opinion, when the Devs can show proof that an average 2.5 survivors die per game. That is when this game will be the most balanced.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    As a survivor: Have good chases and/or plays. Especially if I earn more than 10k BP.

As a killer: 3k, a lot of BP (22k or above) or really good chases.
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    Options

If i have fun i win aka no 5 mins match

• ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234
    Options

A win for me as killer is getting anything besides "entity displeased"...
    For survivor its either escaping or having done enough productive actions in the game to get a healthy chunk of blood points.
    I think there can be matches where both sides come out with a "win" because of the asymmetrical game style.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    Options

At this point it would be a game where i did not play the benny hill circle jerk game even if it meant that 3 get out. That is the state of killer for me atm. I play neither of the 3 killers that are able to handle loopers. This would mean that i actually had some fun unlike all games now where all you do is deal with sruv bullshit and run in circles.

But the ultimate win for me atm is not playing the game. No more high blood pressure. No more frustration. I play other stuff now that is actually fun unlike this game that brings nothing but bad feelings and hardly ever any fun as killer due to surv bias who pay the bills.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,779
    edited July 2018
    Options

As a survivor I consider a win in any the following scenarios;

• I escape
    • I make good blood
    • I make more blood than the killer
    • My altruistic actions helped other survivors escape
  • pauloandrade22
    Options

@Envees said:
    At this point it would be a game where i did not play the benny hill circle jerk game even if it meant that 3 get out. That is the state of killer for me atm. I play neither of the 3 killers that are able to handle loopers. This would mean that i actually had some fun unlike all games now where all you do is deal with sruv bullshit and run in circles.

But the ultimate win for me atm is not playing the game. No more high blood pressure. No more frustration. I play other stuff now that is actually fun unlike this game that brings nothing but bad feelings and hardly ever any fun as killer due to surv bias who pay the bills.

thats sucks but oh well. Me hopes you have fun in your next games.

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

• I escape
    • I make good blood

What about killer ?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Options

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

• I escape
    • I make good blood

What about killer ?

I'm a survivor main. Very, very rarely play killer.

• pauloandrade22
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

• I escape
    • I make good blood

What about killer ?

I'm a survivor main. Very, very rarely play killer.

At least you undestand the negativity killers go though right? and i advise that you play both sides so you undestand both sides of the game as well.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Options

@pauloandrade22 said:
    At least you undestand the negativity killers go though right? and i advise that you play both sides so you undestand both sides of the game as well.

Oh yeah I've played killer. Michael, Wraith, and Freddy mainly. I've also watched plenty of streamers play killer. I know how tough it is.