The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PC vs. Console

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

I play this game as Killer on PC to grind for my perks and rank and all of that, and then I play Survivor on console as it's more relaxing.

Anyone else?

Comments

• RawrAlot
    RawrAlot Member Posts: 12

Honestly im more of a console player than a pc player for some reasons but over all because i think its just more fun

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

I would imagine that playing as a survivor on Console would be a bit easier compared to playing as a survivor on PC, simply because a lot of Killer mindgames around loops rely on precise red-glow manipulation. In situations like these, the precise and abrupt movement afforded by a computer mouse is much more suited to confusing survivors than the controls of a Console - thus, on a console, killer's movements are slightly more predictable.

That, and killers can deal with things like 360's better. Nurses can snap their blinks better, etc.

• RawrAlot
    RawrAlot Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2019

Some wierd thing that happens to me on console when survivors are doing 360s is that i completely miss but still get the hit one of the reasons i mostly play on console

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

@savevatznick Until you realize all the other survivors do the stupidest ######### and you have to work extra hard solo.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

Of course, but that happens regardless of PC or Console. I'm just pointing out the difference the controls have on gameplay, which ideally are the only things that change between platforms.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

@savevatznick I suppose, but one could argue more casual players play console DBD. I could be wrong, but it's like this every game even in green ranks right now. Even worse, at green ranks I'm quite often getting paired with rank 20 survivors and killers despite being the only green ranker, meaning it's not some red ranker abusing the SWF system(Literally just matchmaking). Then of course rank 20 killers always > rank 20 survivors as well, leaving me with 4 gen left games quite often unless the killer doesn't use Ruin. Luckily I still pip sometimes.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited August 2019

Console's the only one I have. I've found that Certain killers are less effective on console than PC (Billy, Nurse, and Huntress for one, since they require great precision.) You're more likely to see Michael, Trapper, and Leatherface though, or maybe that's my experience.