Borrowed Time Should Really Be Nerfed

So as somebody who has just recently started enjoying this game I gotta say Borrowed Time is one of the most unfun perks that survivors can have and is in desperate need of some nerfs. in the middle of the match its more just annoying than anything and i can deal with it but when its endgame and a survivor is able to escape solely because of it and there is nothing i can do about it. it feels very unfair. So I have a few suggestions on how to properly nerf this perk. Keep in mind im saying they should do only ONE of these nerfs NOT all of them. 1:Make it a one time use only. Now like i said im fairly new to this game but ive been seeing things like how BT used to be a one time use only and i think that it should still. I mean thats how the balance decisive strike so why not BT? 2: Put the survivor who is pulling the other off of the hook in the exposed state. Ok now this is the one i would recommend the least and is not likely to happen at all but still. dont let the killer know they're exposed (if thats possible) and then the killer has to make a choice who to hit. does he make the risk and go for the person who was on the hook or does he just smack the person who was taking him off. i feel if they make the right choice then somebody should be going on that hook. Most of the time when someone uses BT they are full health so if you hit them then it doesnt really do anything but if they are exposed then they would be downed. 3: Disable it once the gates are powered on. Ok now this is the one I would recommend and highly hope they do. as i stated previously it feels the worst and most unfair when it is used in the endgame. Simply disabling it would fix that problem. I mean survivors can disable NOED so anyone who wants to make that argument can't now. But yeah i hope this perk gets nerfed in the near future so that it actually feels like a killer can do something about it.

Comments

• billoverbeck
    billoverbeck Member Posts: 23

no

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Survivors would riot.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

It should simply affect both the unhooked and rescuer and only have a one time use. If you cannot escape a match with 4 sets of borrowed time against a camper maybe they made the right move.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    edited August 2019

It's unfortunate, but BT simply encourages bad plays by survivors. With it, you can be sure that the person coming off the hook will almost definitely get away, and essentially gets a free health level when unhooked. If the person unhooking is at full health, you can guarantee that both survivors will escape unless the killer decides to commit to a chase of one of them, and abandon pressure on anything else.

It makes unhooking far too safe in most circumstances, especially with all the limitations on when the timer actually starts going down. I understand it was changed since Legion's Deep Wounds mechanic uses the same status, but that seems like a reason to unlink the two, since you either have to choose between making BT far too safe, or Legion far too strong.

Edit: Survivors shouldn't be able to run to the hook with the killer on their tail, and then be able to get both themselves and the hooked survivor away without having to worry. Unless you decide to completely abandon protecting the hook, or have a killer that can suppress their TR, this play is simply too safe for what should be a risky maneuver.

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

If the killer is facecamping, sure, BT is great. But sometimes survivors force the killer to camp if he knows that everyone is trying to swarm the hook. I don't think it's the highest priority, but it would be nice if it was tweaked to be more fair.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

dont camp

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

Camping isn't inherently bad.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

No

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Well if we reverted that DW change then Legion could just go backwards again.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Ye. Backwards strat/exploit whatever.

Also "doesn't rely on M2". What stops them from hitting you and just following you backwards with the revert?

• xxDIESELxx75
    xxDIESELxx75 Member Posts: 7

its honestly not even about camping. most of the time i put someone on a hook and go off looking for others. when i cant find others i go back to the hook to expecting them to be going for the save which they usually do. Even so you gotta remember killers camp because of survivors altruistic play style. if your going for objectives then a killer camping is making the wrong play and is being punished for it. if your going for the save and the killer is camping he is making the right play and should be rewarded. But with BT he is just being punished even tho he is making the right play.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

stop tunneling and there would be no problem lol

• rina
    rina Member Posts: 90
    1. Going back to the hook IS camping.
    2. Just go for the unhooker if you want to camp that bad, BT countered.
  • Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

There is nothing good about camping a hooked guy, so the killer deserves to get punished.

Same with those leatherface noobs that hook, stay still to cancel terror radius and then down the surv who goes to help the hooked guy.

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

When you had to heal a health state to avoid going down?

And also the one with the black and white filter when you're affected by it?

Yeah, I want this version back too, this coming from a survivor main.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Borrowed Time is fine. No change needed. Killers already have multiple answers to borrowed time.

-Go after the rescuer instead of the hooked survivor.

-Stay just outside the range of your terror radius from the hook.

-Use stealth killer with low or zero terror radius.

-Use Insidious.

-Don't Camp/Tunnel

• Dreamnomad

@AzdrubaelVect It isn't too strong at any point of the game. End game or otherwise. End Game Collapse is already very much in favor of the killer. If you manage to get someone hooked during end game and you are worried about a borrowed time rescue then you always have the option to face camp. It's not like there are any generators to patrol. If someone goes for the rescue when you are right there then you can interrupt them or down the rescuer. And if they manage to pull off a rescue with you standing right there then they earned the rescue.

• SnyprLife
    SnyprLife Member Posts: 63

If you're gonna stay near the hooked survivor then you could count out the 15 seconds or you could do something productive like patrol generators and find another survivor so everybody has fun and you get better at the game/chases that way, In the endgame you could just go to the gates or perhaps use a stealth killer that can get rid of their terror radius although these killers are usually harder to play at the better ranks. Also since you just started playing the game so maybe try to discover counters before suggesting balancing feedback, not trying to sound like a dick but stuff like decisive strike took foreverrr to get properly balanced and most people think borrowed time is in a great place right now, we don't need new players trying to mess up the balance because they don't know how to play against it yet. glhf

• Dreamnomad

Survivors can only block for each other in this manner if the killer allows it. Even if they block, that means that you can down the blocker. Numerous killers have ways to punish survivor altruism like this.

Huntress can injure or down would be saviors from range.

Hillbilly, Leatherface, Shape, and Ghostface can all one shot survivors.

Plague can either injure or break survivors with puke depending on which version she has.

Pig, Wraith and Ghostface can all reduce terror radius to 0 and wait until after the unhook to down the rescued survivor.

Nurse can do numerous things to counter survivor rescues. She can blink past a blocker to get a grab. She can hit a survivor and blink to down.

Trapper and Hag can both place traps to outplay survivors.

All killers have access to both Insidious and NOED. Both of which can mess up any rescue attempts. I really don't know what more to tell you. If you are getting outplayed because of Borrowed Time as a killer then you are just getting outplayed.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

This thread was moved to crying feedback, why is it back to general discussions?

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

Wowee, look at all these survivor mains.

Before the changes to Legion, borrowed time was still considered a viable perk. That alone is enough to tell me that some change is warranted. If they just revert it to how it was and not link it to the deep wound mechanic, it would be fine again.

Vocal majority who only plays half of the game BE DAMNED.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

Wasn't it also fine before the changes to Legion? It was fine enough for at least one person per game to run the perk before the buff. Because that's what it was. A lazy, unintentional buff because they didn't want to redesign the perk.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

Can't speak for the others but i play both roles, sometimes more as a survivor and sometimes more as a killer, and still think BT is fine.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
  • FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

It's funny how a lot of people's answers are don't camp, but killers who DON'T camp still get affected by it when SWF teams are abusing it and all rushing the same hook. What's your solution for that then? We're not camping, but we still get penalized for it which is BS. I agree with a one time use, or you have to be a certain distance away before the un-hook for it to even work, like if your within 25m of the person that gets hooked, it won't work, kinda like how MYC works, but reverse....

• Dreamnomad

I'm not completely sure what you are even saying here. Are you trying to suggest that borrowed time shouldn't work unless the killer is at least 25 meters away from the hook? Because that would be insane if you were. If you are suggesting that borrowed time should only trigger if the killer is within 25 meters during an unhook then that would actually be a nerf to killers since it is based on a killers terror radius which is something killers actually have some control over. So please clarify what you are trying to say.

As far as your first question about SWF, I've already answered that. Numerous times. If survivors are hook rushing you then just go after the rescuers. Borrowed time doesn't do anything for the person doing the rescue. And if they are brazen enough to try to hook rescue right in front of you then you can easily down them. Alternatively, any killer able to reduce their terror radius to 0 can just wait until the hooked survivor is on the ground to attack and bypass borrowed time altogether.

• Arxaion
    Arxaion Member Posts: 104

Borrowed Time needs to go back to the way it was, where it doesn't pause while you're near the killer. That was completely unwarranted.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

A dot that doesnt tick isnt fun either.

But who cares, right? Afterall it's not survivor "fun"

• Fieryaura
    Fieryaura Member Posts: 47

No tunnel no problem, right ? :)

I play killer (actually rank 4) and I NEVER complain about DS and BT because i don't tunnel. Tunnel is boring AF and not fun at all.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

NO

• i stopped reading after that first sentence. Yikes.

• xxDIESELxx75
    xxDIESELxx75 Member Posts: 7

ok then what if its endgame? what am i supposed to do? hit the survivor who is full health and then will get a burst of speed to run right out of the exit gate? Because the result will be the same with both survivors escaping when at least one of them should not. I mean seriously its not that hard to see that it is way to strong of a perk to have available in the endgame phase. not to mention even if you do go for a swing on the survivor who is unhooking there is a good chance that the game is gonna register you hitting the one who is on the hook instead so like whats the ######### point? I dont have a problem with the perk during the middle of the game its just the endgame where it is an actual problem. Im not someone who just tunnels a survivor because they just got off the hook if i see someone else i go for them ( I need my BBQ and Chili stacks god damn it lol ) but when its endgame and you want to secure at least one kill you almost have to tunnel the person coming off the hook.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

simple just follow them and wait 15 seconds before hitting them. They go down. If you hooked close to a gate that is your own fault.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Wat

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

You don't complain about them because you're either

A) a survivor-main in disguise.

B) playing against bad survivors with no clue on how to abuse the said perks.

Cheers.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,092

In my opinion you should be doing a better job of patrolling and making sure gens are being done, if you are camping long enough to be able to hit the borrowed time, you are tunneling. Head for the survivor who unhooked them, the one with BT will have to spend time mending the bleed and THEN heal themself, this means no gens being done while they do that, whilst the other survivor can heal them or do a gen, so chase them instead.

Punish the offender with BT take them off the map early when you identify them, then you have less chance of dealing more with it, if you REALLY have to tunnel. otherwise have fun getting gen rushed.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

nah BT needs a buff. the timer shouldn't go down if you're chased.

• Fieryaura
    Fieryaura Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2019

I main both because I was lazy to do m1 on a gen.

There's no abuse. When survivor unhook in front of me I down the survivor who saved. I don't care about the other.

I was used it as survivor for avoid tunnel, cause many of killer is garbage by tunnel other.

Just try to play a game without tunnel and its OK.

Idk what's your rank but on red rank is fine and I never see people complain. Idk why so many people tunnel. This is just boring as #########

I even think it should be improved cause this perk is useless against a leatherface insidious.

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157

No.

• michaelrandom27
    michaelrandom27 Member Posts: 100

It's extremely rare that Borrowed Time actually affects me because I never camp or tunnel people. If you're getting screwed by Borrowed Time, it means you are playing like a jerk, and you are the reason this perk exists in the first place.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253

Didn't read just gonna give my take on title. As someone who plays both roles equally it's a big no, the only time BT is op is when exit gates are open and you wanna secure that one kill but you already lost by then.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

No can't do that survivors need their crutches for unsafe plays because they are casuals and are bad at the game can you imagine the riot it would cause? Just like decisive when it got reworked and was counters by enduring survivors cried like a baby and it got buffed.