The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Falling asleep from Freddie's hit

I'm not sure if that is not just an add on, but since the rework, Freddie's hits put me to sleep. I find it frustraiting and makes waking up pointless to me - except for the speed, being awake gives you preaty much nothing, since even if the clock doesnt go down, a hit from Freddy will put you to sleep. I find it absurd tbh and makes the whole sleep-wake rutine suck now. What are your opinions?

Comments

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608

that's by design. His hit is meant to pull you into the dream world. but I do agree that I feel it's almost pointless to wake yourself up.

between how fast you fall back asleep and how easy it is to be put back in by getting smacked... I just deal with the sleep debuff.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Waking up means that his snares and pallets will not affect you.

• Nocta
    Nocta Member Posts: 6

Yes, I am well aware. But most of the time, people are awake for a couple of minutes max, since it's so damn easy to fall asleep now. Might as well just not wake up at all

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

Hey, if survivors don't wake up, Freddy won't complain.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

If you don't care about his traps, hearing the lullaby instead of his TR, or speeding up his teleport, feel free to stay asleep. Play the game however you feel is best.

• Nocta
    Nocta Member Posts: 6

I want to be awake, but for longer than a couple of seconds

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited August 2019

People still don't understand Freddy's mechanics at all

It's going to keep being a great few more weeks until people finally catch on. It took 2 weeks for players to learn snares were good it'll probably take a month before people realize "Why stay awake?" isn't a question

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

If Freddy could not manually put you to sleep in some way, he'd probably be pretty crappy because that would mean he'd spend the first minute of match with no way to use Snares/Pallets (and the first 45 seconds as a flat-out M1 Killer).

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

You can see the snares and avoid them, but there's nothing you can do to avoid dream pallets.