Survivor power

Spaaaaaace_steam_
Spaaaaaace_steam_ Member Posts: 66
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Look, the killer is bound to its power, but the survivors are bound to nothing , so if you are a killer you don't know what perks survivors use (Bill can use all perks but not his(example)) , also if you are matching solo you don't know the capacities of your team too, but with the survivor power you can plan deeply with your perks , items, addons, tho these powers need to be well balanced not to have 1 op power and stacking survivors.
Update*
new idea is to make the power apart from perks so survivors could have a bit of individuality and not just be skins

Post edited by Spaaaaaace_steam_ on

Comments

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

What on earth are you talking about

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Give us more details. More examples. How would you balance the survivor abilities against the rest of the game?
  • Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Someissues said:

I am talking about that survivors are just skins right now

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:
    Look, the killer is bound to its power, but the survivors are bound to nothing , so if you are a killer you don't know what perks survivors use (Bill can use all perks but not his(example)) , also if you are matching solo you don't know the capacities of your team too, but with the survivor power you can plan deeply with your perks , items, addons, tho these powers need to be well balanced not to have 1 op power and stacking survivors.

Yes, as a killer you don't know survivors' perks but they still know your power like wailing bell or blink. The mistake that your are making is that your special powers are not your perks. Survivors also don't know your perks just like you don't know theirs. There is no problem with that.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

So you want something like 5% increased healing for Claudette, 5% sabo speed for Jake, 5% faster dead hard for David etc?

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

If survivors ever got anything unique, it’s be separate from perks. What would they say “oh those millions of bloodpoints you spent I Dwight? Well lol guess what, he’s gotta use prove thyself now.”

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

If survivors ever got anything unique, it’s be separate from perks. What would they say “oh those millions of bloodpoints you spent I Dwight? Well lol guess what, he’s gotta use prove thyself now.”

Yeah this power should be apart from perks (like killer power ) but i think it will add something to the strategy part of the game

• Jack11803

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

Yeah this power should be apart from perks (like killer power ) but i think it will add something to the strategy part of the game

Only thing It’ll add is LESS DIVERSITY because people will just use Claudette for stealth, and whoever gets the most meta power. No.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

Only thing It’ll add is LESS DIVERSITY because people will just use Claudette for stealth, and whoever gets the most meta power. No.

Thats why i said that it should be balanced well

• Jack11803

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

There is always going to be something that better fits the meta. That’s how a meta works.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

I agree with jack on this one and besides killer mains already cry about survivors being op, we both know survivors aren’t but there would be a real outcry from that and I can’t say I would blame them when 4 Dwights pop in a lobby and his “unique ability” gen rushes the killer to no possible chance of winning and having to camp a survivor for a kill, it would equal out to the fact that the abilities create extra perks that shouldn’t be there 
  • Spaaaaaace_steam_

@lyric said:
    Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

I agree with jack on this one and besides killer mains already cry about survivors being op, we both know survivors aren’t but there would be a real outcry from that and I can’t say I would blame them when 4 Dwights pop in a lobby and his “unique ability” gen rushes the killer to no possible chance of winning and having to camp a survivor for a kill, it would equal out to the fact that the abilities create extra perks that shouldn’t be there 

so you are the survivor main , i presume?)

• lyric

@lyric said:
    Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

Yes I am but I play killer as well, Ive been to rank 5 casually playing killer, I just like survivor more because of the thrill of playing against different killers rather than knowing who’s coming in everytime and rush trying to build perks around items or perks you may know they use if you played against them before, I’ll admit it’s more stressful to be a killer but I don’t think it’s harder to be honest the game really is well balanced but you need to get your killer to 50 and keep spending those points and getting a bunch of perks tiered up to where you have the ability to play a different style if you’re in a position to, you run into a lot of the same people when you start getting high ranked and a lot of similar perk builds so the more highly tiered perks you have the better even if they aren’t the main perks you usually run.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@lyric said:
    Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

You both know survivors aren't OP?

lol

I used to think in the same way until I started to play killer. LUL

Except for nurse though

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@lyric said:
    Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@lyric said:

Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

Yes I am but I play killer as well, Ive been to rank 5 casually playing killer, I just like survivor more because of the thrill of playing against different killers rather than knowing who’s coming in everytime and rush trying to build perks around items or perks you may know they use if you played against them before, I’ll admit it’s more stressful to be a killer but I don’t think it’s harder to be honest the game really is well balanced but you need to get your killer to 50 and keep spending those points and getting a bunch of perks tiered up to where you have the ability to play a different style if you’re in a position to, you run into a lot of the same people when you start getting high ranked and a lot of similar perk builds so the more highly tiered perks you have the better even if they aren’t the main perks you usually run.

well of course playing every game with ultra rare addons is ez (like foken 1 shot axes , so OP with +2 axes bag) but for me playing survior just with perks even without an item and addon AND contributing to the rank is much easier then as the killer , these 360, messing with the killer ai, pallet looping , instaflashlight , full team with top items and 4 salty lips , with all this you can't play killer for fun without super gud addons , and thats the problem, the only thing i really hate as a survivor and i think that needs to be removed is a mori

• lyric

@lyric said:
    Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@lyric said:

Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Someissues said:

well of course playing every game with ultra rare addons is ez (like foken 1 shot axes , so OP with +2 axes bag) but for me playing survior just with perks even without an item and addon AND contributing to the rank is much easier then as the killer , these 360, messing with the killer ai, pallet looping , instaflashlight , full team with top items and 4 salty lips , with all this you can't play killer for fun without super gud addons , and thats the problem, the only thing i really hate as a survivor and i think that needs to be removed is a mori

See I think a mori should happen at the end of any game if you’re the last one left because of the type of game it is almost warrants an ability like that to be in place, I do agree that it sucks to play as killer while leveling up but once you’re up there and you’ve acquired enough it can be pretty fun 
  • megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Survivors have always been only skins. The devs made one big mistake, they created the Teachables. Without that, every survivor would be unique (at least regarding to perks).

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I've thought about this idea as well, where no survivor could perform perks better then the survivor associated with them. Many say that it kills diversity because most would choose Claudette or Meg, but I think there's already no diversity due to the fact that every survivor is just a skin.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

@Someissues said:

That’s the point, if they limited the perks to a single survivor, there would be no variance in what your chasing. I mean who would play Dwight for his “perks” and there not even as bad as Quentins.

The survivors should be just skins, remember that the killer only has a unique ability they are not tied to perks. 

What ability do surviours need need in addition to perks.
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Exactly dude. I'm so confused at what he's talking about.