The Doctor seems really weak

Options

So i've just started maining the doctor and he seems really disappointing to me. His power seems to be pointless and he's to slow to make any headway in a chase. I feel like i'd do better if i never switch to treatment mode and relied on my own skill. I know there's something important i'm missing but i can't figure it out

Comments

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

Doctor is one of the low-mid tier killers, but you can time your shocks in chases to stop survivors from vaulting windows or throwing pallets. Also, shocking them more helps you find survivors more easily and distracts them from the objective. If survivors get to Madness tier 3, they can't do anything but use keys and stay in chases.

• xnes_galax
    xnes_galax Member Posts: 149
    Options

The Doctor is, in my opinion of course, the worst killer in the game. Even worse than old freddy.

You are right, the Slow in threatment is stupid and the slow while charging the shock is even more absurd. Everytime i face a doctor during a chase, i see that he will try to shock me. I just keep on looping and when he get a lot of bloodlust i throw the pallet before he can shock me again. Yes, it can give you an hit on a window, but is so much situational that you cant even consider this a part of his power.

He would have been a great killer with a stealth meta, but it isnt. Luckly, devs said they are looking into him and i hope for the best.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

I could find them just as fast on my own without wasting time to get them to tier 3

• Acanelo
    Acanelo Member Posts: 9
    Options

I’m not a Doctor main but I plan on playing him more. He definitely is not the worst, but more of a below average killer. His power has potential, just requires some serious skill and muscle memory. He’s great at tracking, making them scream to show you where they are, and if you see the illusionary doctors, that’s where a survivor is.

His power can stop survivors from vaulting(if you time it right but it can make a difference), and of course, the final tier of insanity stops them from playing the game until they snap out of it. Another thing is that you can actually do the grab attack animation in treatment mode, able to stop them from vaulting and unhooking. It als happens a lot faster while in treatment mode.

So, run builds that emphasize his power, like the impossible skill check build. Just understand you’re gonna be eating pallets and try to learn when to shock a survivor so they don’t vault a window. Best advice I got, and you’ll have to wait to see what the devs got in store for the doctor. Hopefully coming up really soon.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

I've got 10 other killers to get to p3 i'm not really in a waiting mood

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    Options

Because he is a weak killer. His power can be used to halt pallet drops and window vaults, but you have to be spot on with perfect aim and timing.

He is not a bad tracking killer, he is just lackluster in many departments. It’s a shame too, he could be fun to play.

• rageiuz
    rageiuz Member Posts: 9
    Options

I tried the impossible skill check build at rank 4 on jigsaw map. Survivors hit every overcharge skill check, ruin was found in the first minute, and good survivors won't miss the unnerving skill check. Pretty ######### man.

The best doctor build is one that isn't based on skill checks. Dark devotion is underused but definitely one of his best perks. Ruin is always needed above purple ranks.

Save the best for last is great on him as well if your not running dark devotion.

Bbq, discordance, nurses for tracking. But tracking isn't doctor's weak spot.

Bamboozle and enduring are also great perks because doctor's weak point is pallets. Shock just isn't reliable all the time.

I played one game as a anti heal build and it went alright. I think people should experiment with it more. Distressing, coulrophobia, sloppy butcher, ruin. You could also fit nurses calling somewhere in there.