Why do we keep the most frustating elements in the game?

Im really wondering why the devs keep the most hated stuff in the game instead of finally removing/reworking them. From what I have heard and experienced these are probably the most hated things in the game:

Keys

Insta heals

Moris

Insidious

Noed

Lerry's (map)

Swamp maps

Spirit map

No matter what stream I watch or who I talk to. One of the thing I mentioned above is ALWAYS very frustating for the person.

Comments

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

Game would be so boring otherwise.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Because this game isn't supposed to be about the highest level of skill. The game isn't supposed to be always 100% fair.

Lower skill mechanics exist because those with lesser skill need to have a chance against those with more experience. Just look at Mario Kart's Blue Shell, or CoD's n00b tube. Having mechanics that give the less-experienced player a chance is game design 101 and exist in almost every game out there.

We can rail against the all they want, but they will never go away.

• Nick_Wilde
    Nick_Wilde Member Posts: 20

I cant agree with that, many games have their kind of system or options that help games and arent frustrating and arent boring at all. Look for example on world of tanks this game has great balance it isnt frustrating, it only depends from people who you have in your team or your skill and if you dont want to play on some kind of map you can disable it.

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

Except those "handicaps" for lesser skilled players are also just as if not more available to hgiher skilled players. They discourage high skill play and makes people rely on them too much.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

People hate it because they think it's imbalanced and unfair, try again.

• FrenziedRoach

I don't know a single Skilled killer that uses NOED or Mori as part of their regular kit. It's usually just brought out for "Special occasions".

• Pulsar

Because Mori's are BS and only to be used on 4 man SWF groups. And high skilled players are smart enough to know that, hey, if we cleanse all the totems, he doesn't get NOED.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Every game is going to have frustrating elements. Deleting them doesn't help or work, people are just going to move on to the next frustrating thing.

• nan1234
    nan1234 Member Posts: 131

DS nerf is not that old, and before that, DS was THE most hated thing in the game. Now it’s just a strong anti-tunnel perk, nowhere near its “glory” days.

Then, MoM came, and became the the killer’s archenemy. Guess what? Nerfed to the ground. And let’s not forget about springwood rework.

give the devs some time, that’s all I’m saying.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,340

What's the problem with Lery's?

• FrenziedRoach

Likely the survival rate on it is skewed in the killer's favor.

By the last data I had it actually has the lowest survival rate in the game, beaten only by The game.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,340

if the survival rating is the problem, why pick the SECOND lowest survival rating map? The game map isnt even mentioned, lol.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

because the thread IS NOT about power here, its about annoyance.

Keys are annoying to a killer who played well.

Mori's are annoying to survivor's who just got off the hook to suddenly be dead.

Insidious is literally fun for no one.

NOED grants power for basically doing nothing, while i don't feel its necessarily the most evil thing out there (certainly not Insidious level), i under stand why people feel that way

Lery's makes it extremely difficult to find gens, where as in every other map, there is an obvious indicator as to where a generator is located, whether it be the house lights or the gen lamps . For killers, all the walls and windows feel like such an obstruction of mobility (but by the kill rate, it obviously does not matter)

Swamp feels sucky for any killer that doesnt have either extreme mobility or extreme pressure. a group of good survivor's will make it hell for you to attempt to 4K.

Spirits map is a toss-up. On one hand, its a very tiny box of a map. on the other, there are many places to hide, and many places to loop. A killer can easily 3 gen strat if it gets to that point, as the width of the map is rather small. A survivor can easily choose a location to loop at, since there is almost always a location that contains a window pallet combination.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

Keys honestly aren't that big a deal unless the killer was already winning and suddenly someone found the hatch and got out, but the killer still likely got 2 or 3 people dead. Otherwise all 5 gens are done and you likely weren't winning anyways. Moris on the other hand guarantee a win for the killer pretty much. I'd say out of the two, the key is more balanced. Insidious doesn't bother me. I rarely see it anyways, and it's kinda funny when a Nurse teleports to the exit gates, waits for survivors to open it with insidious and one shot downs them with NOED. I say that even seeing it as a survivor, it's pretty funny.

I like Lery's honestly, once you get that middle gen done it's a lot easier imo as survivor and for killer it's good for Scratched Mirror Myers and a few other killers. I have no opinion on the others. Swamp is useful to either the killer or the survivors depending on who your killer is, but there are a lot of maps like that. Spirit's map doesn't bother me either. It feels balanced to me.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

“Another mans trash is another mans treasure”

• Pulsar

Actually NOED punishes Survivor's for not doing totems.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Insidious isn't a problem, people will camp with or without a terror radius lolz

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

Heh. At least they changed mori's. It used to be killers could kill anyone they downed!

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Lery's is actually a pretty survivor favoured map. Loads of hiding spots, negates quite strong killers, Nurse, Billy, Huntress, Spirit (to some extend, you can hear her footeps on that map).

The only reason why it has a low survival-rate, is because drum rolls low ranks. The generators are hard to find for inexperienced survivors.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

These things don't necessarily need to be removed, but fixed or done to make both sides feel better about their current situation.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

ebony mori's should be a 2 hook so you don't get instantly tunneled and moried

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

I dont have a problem with Lery's as both a survivor and killer unless Im playing Billy. Definitely one of the maps that is in the least need of a rework.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

What's annoying to you is fun for someone else. If we were to remove things based on annoyance, we wouldn't have a game in the first place.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I thought you were gonna mention hammering spacebar to struggle..