Brutal strength buff?

A simple quality of life buff where killers will damage generators faster as well and/or "cause more damage" meaning the generator losses progress faster by 20%. Would make it much more viable perk.

Comments

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

anything requiring strength should benefit.... including pick-ups and setting bear traps....

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited July 2018

anything requiring strength should benefit.... including pick-ups and setting bear traps....

True. It only helping with pallets isn't enough anymore.
  • thekiller490490
    No benefit when carrying to hook there's already perks for that though.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    It affects gens in the new ptb, they are already on it. Stacks better with fire up now cause of that.
  • Dabrownman1812
    I believe the number should be upped to 50% though, too many pallets. Would also help with gen tapping
  • thekiller490490
    Good. The generator reduction needs to be added as you could just go to the gen and if you don't see them just kick and leave. Would be evil if you combine with overcharge. Agreed on the 50% the perk has seen lots of powercreep.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    I believe the number should be upped to 50% though, too many pallets. Would also help with gen tapping

50% is actually disgusting and I don’t understand how you think that’s okay

• thekiller490490
    Jack11803 said:

Ok so then what do you think should be the number? 40? I can tell you don't play much killer just from your toxicity.
  • Jack11803

@thekiller490490 said:
    Jack11803 said:

Ok so then what do you think should be the number? 40? I can tell you don't play much killer just from your toxicity.

Rank 1 and use wraith, doc, billy, and Myers. Nice assumption, too bad it’s wrong

• Jack11803

@thekiller490490 said:
    Jack11803 said:

And what toxicity? What’s your definition of it?

• thekiller490490
    100% is OP. 50 seems like it would make it a viable perk for the meta. Combine with enduring, challenge every one of them and never risk anything. Chases are already too long.
  • Jack11803

@thekiller490490 said:
    100% is OP. 50 seems like it would make it a viable perk for the meta. Combine with enduring, challenge every one of them and never risk anything. Chases are already too long.

Ah, so you think they should bandaid it. How bout’ no. Fix chases. Fix the problem.

• thekiller490490
    Oh, my bad. Sorry just seems like everyone else is.
    So can we talk about what this post is about now?
  • thekiller490490
    Great! How?
  • Jack11803

@thekiller490490 said:
    Oh, my bad. Sorry just seems like everyone else is.
    So can we talk about what this post is about now?

Giving a quality of life bonus to brutal strength, making it effect gens, which I agree with. Not making it off the wall busted with all break actions half time

• thekiller490490
    Ok. So 30%. 10% increase. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    If you compare the time it takes to catch survivors, you'll see 50% wouldn't make it busted. Have you played killer a lot at all or nah? You wouldn't get it if you haven't played killer to a medium-high level. Pre emblem especially.
  • Jack11803

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    If you compare the time it takes to catch survivors, you'll see 50% wouldn't make it busted. Have you played killer a lot at all or nah? You wouldn't get it if you haven't played killer to a medium-high level. Pre emblem especially.

The perk is supposed to lighten a load, not destroy it. They nerfed it for a reason. The problem is chases. Fix chases. That’s really simple. Buffing this and fixing chases would be murder

• Jack11803

@Runiver

Do you think brutal strength being 50% would be fair or balanced in any way shape or form?

• thekiller490490
    I like how you said that buffing this would be murder. So it would allow the killer to KILL! I already said that 50% might be OP. 30-40 seems fair. 
  • thekiller490490
    I am personally a Billy main and don't deal with pallets too much. But I have played enough trapper and Leatherface to know what it is like.
  • Jack11803

@thekiller490490 said:
    I like how you said that buffing this would be murder. So it would allow the killer to KILL! I already said that 50% might be OP. 30-40 seems fair. 

Using word choice and taking it out of context is just plain weak. Also, it doesn’t need a number buff, just a function buff

• LoXitZ
    LoXitZ Member Posts: 5

50% would be utterly and completely broken. It should be 15/20/25%

• Jack11803

@LoXitZ said:
    50% would be utterly and completely broken. It should be 15/20/25%

I think 25% would be ok. I agree

• thekiller490490
    Ok now you are just saying that I am weak. Dude really? Did I get my point across? Yes I got what you meant. 
  • Jack11803

@thekiller490490 said:
    Ok now you are just saying that I am weak. Dude really? Did I get my point across? Yes I got what you meant. 

Again, no. I didn’t call you weak, I called the action weak. Same difference between “you’re stupid” and “that was stupid”

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

Brutal Strength. 15%/20%/25% or 10%/20%/30%. I don't think it should have anything to do with generators if the speed was buffed to 25% or 30%. It's a great overall perk, and works better on Clown, Huntress, and maybe Hag? Pop Goes The Weasel and patrolling in general are great ways to stop progress, unless you're up against like the Depip Squad or something. The reason it's not super fast when breaking pallets is because breaking pallets is supposed to give the Survivor time to run away, and dropping them creates that barrier. If you're shredding through these barriers without a dedicated build for it, then late game pallets aren't going to exist, and if you continue pursuing, it's going to get easier and easier. Scrap the generator part, and buff it to 25% or 30%. That simple.

• thekiller490490
    5% isn't enough. 10-15 I feel would be perfect. I agree with 10. 
  • Jack11803

@thekiller490490 said:
    5% isn't enough. 10-15 I feel would be perfect. I agree with 10. 

What is 5%

• ItsDaEmuDood

@ItsDaEmuDood said:
    Brutal Strength. 15%/20%/25% or 10%/20%/30%. I don't think it should have anything to do with generators if the speed was buffed to 25% or 30%. It's a great overall perk, and works better on Clown, Huntress, and maybe Hag? Pop Goes The Weasel and patrolling in general are great ways to stop progress, unless you're up against like the Depip Squad or something. The reason it's not super fast when breaking pallets is because breaking pallets is supposed to give the Survivor time to run away, and dropping them creates that barrier. If you're shredding through these barriers without a dedicated build for it, then late game pallets aren't going to exist, and if you continue pursuing, it's going to get easier and easier. Scrap the generator part, and buff it to 25% or 30%. That simple.

Not to mention, this also stacks with Fire Up and Myers action speed bonuses per tier up, if you're willing to pick either or stack both. At that point though, it'd just be a meme build.

• thekiller490490
    I agree with you @ItsDaEmuDood
  • Jack11803

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

Not to mention, this also stacks with Fire Up and Myers action speed bonuses per tier up, if you're willing to pick either or stack both. At that point though, it'd just be a meme build.

Exactly, with 50% and enduring, pallets wouldn’t exist. It shares the same problem with bloodlust. It’s supposed to stop looping, but the alternative; actually breaking the chase, also gets punched in the gut

• thekiller490490
    @Jack11803 you going to get back to the point of this post or you going to keep correcting me?
  • Dabrownman1812

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

For well versed survivors this isnt an issue, pallet looping, juking, and gyms. Using just pallets and leaving none for end game is the players fault
  • thekiller490490
    Bloodlust is fine. If you get a tier of bloodlust you have been awarded for keeping up with the chase and are being given a chance to get an easier hit.
  • ItsDaEmuDood

@Jack11803 said:

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

Exactly, with 50% and enduring, pallets wouldn’t exist. It shares the same problem with bloodlust. It’s supposed to stop looping, but the alternative; actually breaking the chase, also gets punched in the gut

That's absolutely correct. Pallets are supposed to be a pain in the a** for Killers. So, if we buff Killers and their perks to the point where you break pallets without a downside or a second though, or even the possibilty of losing your prey, then it would be hell, and enrage the kids above us in this post. You need to think when a pallet is dropped. Do I:
    A. Go around?
    B. Break it and pursue
    C. Break it and go around
    D. Try to counterloop
    You can't just sit there and break the pallet with no downsides. The current Brutal Strength makes a noticeable difference in the pallet breaking speed, which is probably what the devs were going for. You'd need a miracle for them to buff it to 25%, and 30%, like I said earlier, could happen, but probably won't.

• Dabrownman1812
    Jack11803 said:

@Runiver

Do you think brutal strength being 50% would be fair or balanced in any way shape or form?

35-40 then, I'll give you that. Survivors also didn't have the tools they had today to escape, there were 12 unique perks back then
  • Jack11803

@thekiller490490 said:
    Bloodlust is fine. If you get a tier of bloodlust you have been awarded for keeping up with the chase and are being given a chance to get an easier hit.

Are you trying to suggest survivors have completely juked and blind sided a killer in 15 seconds?

• thekiller490490
    For well versed survivors this isnt an issue, pallet looping, juking, and gyms. Using just pallets and leaving none for end game is the players fault
    Or the killers good play for breaking all of them. 
  • Jack11803

@thekiller490490 said:
    Dabrownman1812 said:

Or the killers good play for breaking all of them. 

Not really, that’s kinda common sense

• ItsDaEmuDood

@thekiller490490 said:

Bloodlust is for Killers who aren't experienced or skilled enough to make decisions in chases that actually threaten the Survivor. If you can get hits consistently without Bloodlust, then you're a high tier Killer. If you need Bloodlust I or Bloodlust II often to get hits or even just get close, then you're not at that level where you can have a heavy influence on the Survivor's actions or route. So Bloodlust is less of a reward, and more of a compensation for SUCKING AT KILLER.

• thekiller490490
    edited July 2018
    Alright @ItsDaEmuDood so you must suck to get bloodlust? I see plenty of great killer players get bloodlust. Might just be tier one but I don't think Monto sucks at killer.
  • thekiller490490
    Not saying you suck. What do you main @ItsDaEmuDood?
  • ItsDaEmuDood

@thekiller490490 said:
    Alright @ItsDaEmuDood so chases are completely balanced? I see plenty of great killer players get bloodlust. Might just be tier one but I don't think Monto sucks.

Not trying to say that Bloodlust I makes you suck. Just that, good Killers don't need to consistently rely on Bloodlust to get hits. It might come up once or twice a game if the Survivor is a good looper, but if you need it on 8-9 out of 10 chases, then that's saying something.
    P.S. I actually love Monto, thank you. Yesterday, I suggested on his Drift King Billy PT. 4 video that he start a new Basement build, the Myers basement build, which would use:
    Fragrant Tuft Of Hair + J. Myers Memorial
    Hex: Ruin
    Territorial Imperative
    Agitation
    Iron Grasp

• Jack11803

@thekiller490490 said:
    Alright @ItsDaEmuDood so you must suck to get bloodlust? I see plenty of great killer players get bloodlust. Might just be tier one but I don't think Monto sucks at killer.

He’s not saying that, he’s saying in a basic chase without sprint burst, it that occurs chances are you could’ve done better. And even then it’s not really needed. I think they should just shrink killer hit boxes so they go around obstacles faster. Wouldn’t ruin stealth. But would hurt loops. Don’t know why they didn’t do this

• ItsDaEmuDood

@Jack11803 said:

@thekiller490490 said:

He’s not saying that, he’s saying in a basic chase without sprint burst, it that occurs chances are you could’ve done better. And even then it’s not really needed. I think they should just shrink killer hit boxes so they go around obstacles faster. Wouldn’t ruin stealth. But would hurt loops. Don’t know why they didn’t do this.

That's true. Clown's fat a** got Bamboozle so windows would be a more viable option. Killers that are skinnier like Hag, Freddy, Pig, Trapper, and Billy should have some smaller hitboxes so you don't get stuck or hit with a pallet on the edge more often.

• Kale
    Kale Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2018

Brutal Strength needs to be 5% more faster, it's not a big change but it will be okay

Making it more than 10% would be horrible, the perk it's for faster things, not making pallets useless

Someone says killers needs to kill, YES, but survivor also they need survive, both sides are important and hard to balance, a fix to chases would be the correct solution.

• thekiller490490
    Never said you didn't love him. Hope he does that build. Can we all end the crap about the bloodlust that is a different post.
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited July 2018

@thekiller490490 said:

Bloodlust isn't really a reward for staying in a chase; it's a mechanism to prevent chases from getting excessive because a killer cannot mechanically end chases in certain map layouts in a reasonable amount of time. I mean, it's different if the killer repeatedly messes up, such as reading a survivor wrong or running into a dead end they thought looped. The Game is friggin awful at this. It's like pre-nerf Lery's.

Ex: Rank 1 grind as Pig was rough because Fractured Cowshed was a safety pip every time. Not even NOED and Ruin lasting the entire match can stop the Window + Pallet infinite at the barn. Had multiple games around rank 3-4 where people would beeline for it and loop me there. I managed to destroy two of the pallets there before the match ended, but there was still a third people could use. (Bloodlust should affect vaults...)

• thekiller490490
    I'd like to see a PTB were the meta has been swapped. Killers have all the power and survivors must rely on teamwork to have a chance of winning. Because that is how these games should be. So can we all have a agreement with the 5-10% buff because I feel we are off topic.