Make SWF dependant on ranks.

Atrushan88
Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
edited August 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm tired of seeing rank 2s in my games. This ######### is ridiculous when a rank 2 abuses game mechanics to queue up with rank 15s. I've been seeing this ######### multiple times today and it's ridiculous. Only allow groups to queue together if they are near the same rank, or at the MOST one color difference off. Haven't played killer since rank reset, rank 13 and getting purple and red ranks in my games is ridiculuous.

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

The easiest solution is matchmaking a killer of the same colour rank of the highest ranked survivor in the team.

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

@YaiPa That still ruins the fun of the brown and yellows, because they'll be screwed over by a killer way more experienced. They should just be forced to be of the same or similar rank. There should be absolutely no reason why browns and reds can be in the same game. If you've played League of Legends, imagine Challengers with Bronzies. That'd be completely insane. This is no different than that. If your friends are higher ranked than you are, get close enough to them to play with them. It's that simple, otherwise play KYF.

• michaelrandom27
    michaelrandom27 Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2019

Your solution to the problem will just convince people to depip themselves, since that's much easier and faster than having someone pip up. This is not a good idea.

• Atrushan88

@michaelrandom27 Right now they do the exact same thing without depipping themselves, their friends just host and they get to play against lower ranked killers anyways, so at least they'll have to force themselves down ranks to do it.

• michaelrandom27
    michaelrandom27 Member Posts: 100

@Atrushan88 The players at high ranks are there because they didn't depip on purpose. If they all had to do that to play with friends, red ranks would become even more empty than they are right now and everyone at high ranks who is not depipping himself would almost always get matches in which someone disconnects instantly, making red rank solo queues, 2-man, and 3-man SWFs much harder for them.

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

@michaelrandom27 There'll be a punishment for disconnects eventually and that's the easiest way to derank right now as a survivor. Just because they are there because they didn't depip on purpose, doesn't mean that they should be able to be there and queue with some rank 20s. This gives the rank 20s a free win without teaching them anything, and gives the red rank a free win as well because they're going up against a killer who is beneath them in rank. If you think this will be the case and people will depip on purpose, they can just make a depip protection. If you depipped 3 games in a row, you can no longer depip until you pip up once. There, it's harder to depip now.

• rina
    rina Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2019

People will just kill themselves on first hook to depip then. If I want to play with someone who is low rank and game is not letting us do it, should I refuse to play with that person or what? It’s stupid.

• Atrushan88

@rina Play KYF until they rank up enough to play ranked with you?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

There isn't really anything wrong with YaiPa's solution. The low ranked survivors in the group KNOW that they are being matched with high ranked survivors and thus will get high ranked Killers.

You mentioned League, but I que with level 100+ players in that game all the time at sub level 30.

No one is being screwed over, the lower ranked survivors in this case know what they are getting into and have a higher ranked survivor to help them, also probably comms too. And high ranked Killers obviously aren't being punished here. So everyone wins.

• Atrushan88

@NuclearBurrito Levels mean nothing in League though, when you're in ranked and are bronze and matched with challengers is when it does mean something, and this simply doesn't happen in League, unless you're in normal games, and that's because challengers rarely play normal games, putting them at the lower end of the spectrum on them.

As for YaiPa's solution, sure it could work, but it wouldn't really teach the new players anything. If they won and were constantly in SWF, they'd rank up, and then be put higher than they're actually meant to be, and then we'll have killers bullying technically low ranked survivors, unless the strongest of them manages to essentially win for them. It'd work as a solution but I'd rather they not be able to queue up at all. It makes no sense to me honestly that they can.

• MoonwalkMyers
    MoonwalkMyers Member Posts: 82

true, swf is way to hard it doesnt make fun anymore. thats the reason why i always play survivor because im not the best killer but get always teamspeak players. Its way too hard and frustrating. I let my friends play killer and they ask me if it is normaly to get trolled. (sorry for my bad english just wanna say that).

• rina
    1. How are they going to rank up in kyf?
    2. You need 5 people for kyf.
    3. No bloodpoints for kyf matches.

No thank you

• Atrushan88

@rina

1. They can rank up outside of when they play with you. You can play KYF to help them get better, rather than raising their ranks to something they shouldn't be in just by winning the games for them.
    2. You don't NEED 5 people for KYF. You can play with only 2, I've done it.
    3. This is true, but that could always be fixed eventually, if they found a way to make it not abuseable.

• rina

I got plenty of friends who play dbd only when we play together, how are they supposed to rank up?

How do you play with 2 people in kyf? 1v1?

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

@rina Yes, you can play 1v1 in KYF, or 1v2, etc. The generators required to repair are lessened to compensate(If 1v1, it only requires 2 generators repaired). If they only play when you're together, they probably don't care as much about BP or ranks.

• rina

Whats the point in playing 1v1? It’s not dbd. We also both play survivor, should we play 2v0 or what? Ofc they don’t care about ranks, they know it doesn’t mean anything, but you need points to unlock perks.

• Atrushan88

@rina Get a friend who enjoys playing killer(KYF doesn't require BP to use perks, they're all unlocked automatically), or let your friend rank up to get to where you are. If your friend isn't even close to as good as you, they don't deserve to be put in games with you, and you definitely don't need to be able to abuse them being less skilled to get in games with a lower ranked killer.

• rina

So friends shouldn’t be allowed to play together is they are in different ranks just because killers whine too much? You really don’t see what’s wrong with your suggestion? People would just 1) derank to play with friends or 2) play another game. Both of these are bad for the game.

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

@rina different ranks are fine, but a red ranker with a brown ranker is not okay. A red ranker with a yellow ranker is not okay. Even a red+green is stretching it. I believe colors should only be able to mix if they're one color off(red+purple, purple+green, green+yellow,yellow+brown) That gives everyone an 8 rank difference, which is big as is. And again, they could implement derank protections(if you depip 3 times in a row, you don't depip until you pip up) to prevent deranking intentionally, and Kill Your Friends isn't bad. If people ONLY play with their friends, it isn't the game they're enjoying. There is way too much abuse in SWF. A red ranker with a brown ranker raises a brown ranker to an inappropriate rank, which itself is bad for the game. A red ranker destroying a brown ranker by abusing their brown ranker friend to get easy games is also not good for the game. Also, I play both killer and survivor(mostly survivor atm as I'm leveling Laurie), so please keep your biases elsewhere.

You should never see a brown rank killer in a game with anyone above yellow rank, same for yellows with anything above green, and the same for green with purple.

• rina

Ranks don’t mean anything. They should make that killer rank is average to swf group, “problem” solved.

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

@rina Ranks generally mean quite a lot. Playtime, whether they're going to sit in the corner and self care or run you around forever while injured, etc. No brown rank is going to be running a killer around the map while 5 gens are done, for example. Sure, not EVERYONE is that good, but a red rank survivor is still going to be 100x better than a brown rank survivor, UNLESS their friend boosted them, in the same manner I'm talking about, which is one of the many things I'm trying to solve with this change.

• rina

Your change won’t solve anything, only bringing new problems to the game.

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

@rina I think it'd solve more than it'd create. While making the killer as high rank as the highest survivor might help issues with survivors higher ranked bullying brown ranked killers, it'd bully brown rank survivors more so. It'd be fair against the high rank survivor but unfair for the low rank ones. Currently it's unfair for the low rank killers. My way is the only way to make it fair for both sides. One could argue a casual mode should be introduced in addition to these changes, but I doubt any killer would play a casual mode, because it'd be full of SWFs and we all know how fun it is to vs SWFs.

• rina

Your suggestion will kill the game. People would just derank to play with friends or play another game if they can’t do that, how is that hard to understand?

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

@rina I highly doubt that. Before SWF was a thing people dodged lobbies until they got in with their friends as "randoms". I'm sure they can make the same effort to be in the same rank. People already derank, if they did that, at least they could climb WITH their friends. Let's also not forget that ranks reset.

• rina

So everyone just gonna stay in low ranks, will it solve your problem?

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

I highly doubt everyone would stay in low ranks. They'd climb with their friends. It's not just my problem. It's a common problem. You commonly see red tankers bullying lower ranked killers while their friends just sit on gens unless the killer goes after the low ranks. The red tanker then does everything in their power to keep them off their friends. Even when I'm a survivor I see it. I hate getting lumped in with SWFs cuz I know the game will be imbalanced, not to mention the newbies don't give a ######### about anyone except their friends.

I haven't seen you suggest anything except making the killer's rank the average of the survivors. Problem with this is you have a rank 1 and 3 rank 20s, the killer's rank would be 15. That sound fair to you?

Please try suggesting something that would make the situation balanced instead of complaining about my attempts at a solution that would actually make things not a mess.

But who knows, if ranks really don't matter as you say, we should just completely remove the ranking system, and put anyone against anyone. When what would probably be red rank killers start obliterating rank 20s, then maybe non killers will see a problem.