125 perks in the game.

Options
Aztreonam78
Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

You can see only 30% of these perks frequently and even less. The rest are either too situational or completely useless. I tell about horrible perks like Monstrous Shrine, This is not Happening, Overwhelming Presence, Left Behind, etc.

Why they still remain without any attention? Why dont you update perks in mid chapter patches? Its too difficult?! You've updated only Head On on Freddy's rework!

Why I have to upgrade them only for upgrading, not for using?

Why I am able to gain only one perk per level? FOR ONE KILLER, I need to upgrade lvl for 180 (!) times to gain all perks, FOR ALL KILLERS, I have to upgrade lvl for 2880 times XD. IS this ok?) And its even without upgrading prestige.

Sorry for these emotions.

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

@Aztreonam78 Thats actually a new project that theyre working on. You mightve noticed that with this last chapter update, we got afew perks like PGTW get buffed up. You can expect more of this.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Here's an easy answer why weak Perks stay weak for way longer than strong Perks stay strong: Pressure.

When a strong Perk starts breaking the game, you'll hear constant drama about it, prompting them to at least look at it.

When a weak Perk is practically never chosen, you'll hear about it for a while when it comes out, then every now and then, you'll hear someone wanting to buff it, but that's it, there's no pressure for them to change it whatsoever.

Also buffing Perks is risky as you could put in work to buff it, but it's not well received by the community and thus still barely anyone will use it.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Raccoon I feel that... I got BBQ (still lv 1 despite being approx lv60 GF). I’m still searching for ruin or PGTW but hey I got thrilling tremors (also lv 1 still...) and I got offered dying light, what a nice compromise 😓Makes large maps and gens speeds an absolute delight.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited July 2019
    Options

I wish @Peanits would provide a clear and direct answer to why they don't just remove perk tiers.

With 65 survivor perks and 60 killer perks in the game (most of them gated behind specific characters), new players still have a lengthy development process for each character they are interested in. Compressing perks down to a single tier apiece would also make prestiging characters more tempting, even for characters that are already "finished."

I just wish they would address this.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2019
    Options

It's probably because he has no clear answer to give right now. He has already said they are looking into the grind and ways to help with it and gave feedback from the forums but they have to be very careful what they say.

In the past when discussing possibilities they have been met with scrutiny and the forums blew up with post after post even though it was stated it was just an idea and not being implemented.

When they have a difinite answer they will let everyone know but until then it's still in the discussion phase.

• Haraak
    Haraak Member Posts: 119
    Options

Well more than half of the killers rooster is useless. BHVR is very young, if you played LoL at the beginning like me you would remember a lot of stupid things like the Twisted Fate teleport

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794
    edited July 2019
    Options

@FrenziedRoach This is a fantastic idea... even two tiers would be a huge improvement. Upvote for you!

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

@Peanits

Do you know how old Monstrous Shrine is?

How about this:

Every Patch, the team update 4 perks:

• 2 killer perks and 2 survivor perks
    • 2 only the numbers and 2 only the effect

This would give us more perks in an constant time.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    edited July 2019
    Options

Time they say....pff ok

Over the years since mid to late 2017-2019 only like I would say 10-13% of the perks on both sides have been used because of how your game works, especially in the high ranks, if we try to use different perks other than ruin, bbq, spirit fury n enduring, killers just get gen rush to hell, and because of the loops, and you say time? haha okay.

Same for survivor meta perks, we don't use them, we get killed easier

Post edited by MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky on
  • Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304
    Options

Oh, and one more thing not so much related to the direct point but to the point of priorities you brought up, why on earth do I not see BHVR gifting subs to you twitch viewers watching the streamers play the game? You guys have supported the the streamers in many other ways, but not that one. I can't imagine a better investment of your marketing budget than that.

• browalker15
    browalker15 Member Posts: 93
    Options

Perhaps as a bonus for prestiging characters would include perk levels. When you reach prestige 2, perks on the bloodweb start at 2nd tier. And prestige 3 means perks start at tier 3. Still a bit of grinding but it's an idea if they don't get rid of the tiers.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Now add prestiege, Survivors and all the tiers of each perk you would have to level up nearly 9000 times

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

I don't think the perk tier levels have to get removed. Simply let us select 2 perks per bloodweb at the higher bloodweb levels, that would already be a big help.

• purplerain
    purplerain Member Posts: 92
    Options

now thats not really true , and if it is then it shows devs are bad organised , since 1 year if not more about 100 perks are super useless and if you take them , you are either trolling or playing for meme / fun . its not hard to change numbers on useless perks , and if u have no idea for reworks why not add debate to players on each totally useless perk how to rework it , and best idea will be taken , u will waste less time thinking and still get paid ,,,

• purplerain
    purplerain Member Posts: 92
    Options

oh i seen many killer mains / survivor mains on this forum post their possible changes to useless perks . and all i seen is we will show it to design team , 0 reworked perks only few number changes to streetwise or unbreakable . while like atleast few guys a month give reasonable ideas on this forum to rework useless perks . its embarassing.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

Considering that a good part of the "ok,but not viable" perks only need number changes....

Yeah,Im pretty sure you can do more than that.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    edited July 2019
    Options

This is not the case: We have separate teams for live balance (things like perk updates, killer reworks) and teams for making new content. New content does not affect balancing existing content. The trouble is when we completely rework a killer (like Freddy), that takes a lot of resources from the live balance team. Reworking Freddy was a clear choice; we had promised to revisit him before and we found the time to make the changes we had planned.

This is why I mentioned above- let us know. We can shift priorities around if you guys would rather see perk updates. I would love to see more updates to perks personally.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@Peanits Could you guys consider implementing a poll system?

Remember when you sent polls asking us if we liked the new Ghost face changes?

Not one that you 100% have to follow but one where you can get an idea of what should/could be the priority.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

@Peanits Yes, it would be great if your live balance team could make it a priority to seriously evaluate the current perk grind.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

Personally this grind isn't that bad. Sure some people think it's too much. But for me I've max out all but 3 killers and Freddy is next =p

Wish this game was a real grind and it's not honestly

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

O and real grind is 40 hours a week at 8 hour play sessions and a item taking a year and a half to make now that's a grind!

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 943
    Options

the best thing to do would be to ether make it that all perks have an identity and don't overlap like overcharge and pop or ruin and lullaby they both have the same intention of regressing/slowing gen progress but one is more effective than the other.

or make it so all perks are only passive effects that don't influence the core game mechanics like tier 1 iron will or tier 1 iron grasp week effects but make a small difference and then buff the killers base stats so they are all effective though that would make perks boring.

its a hard balancing situation you are in and i don't envy you guys, maybe you can revisit this like the death garden team though its probably too late for that maybe you can learn from all this and try again with DbD 2 if it ever happens

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

I got it!!!

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Peanits The ability to relock a perk after it has been unlocked would be enough of a quality of life adjustment. Left behind currently serves zero purpose but i had to unlock it again on Bill now that he is on PS4. We have so many killer and survivor perks that are useless it discourages people from prestiging or even playing new killers.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited August 2019
    Options

Agreed the current system is encouraging players to just pick one killer and stick with him because getting new perks for him will be much easier then anyone else

Seriously it's kind of absurd how I bought the plague dlc 3 weeks ago and I'm just NOW getting to use Infectious Fright and Corrupt on my Trapper. Almost enough to say I wasted my money considering how long it took

I really like this game but it's grinding system is incredibly boring and unitive for a game like this. Grinding in Dark Age Of Camelot = Good

Grinding in DBD = Obnoxious. End of story

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    SirVicksTheSlayer Member Posts: 101
    Options

people think this grind is bad, didnt play wow when it first released. if you had every perk handed to you, you would get bored, fast. the journey is often more fun than the destination. or else, it wouldnt be a saying, now would it? lol... :P

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@SirVicksTheSlayer while i understand your point i disagree. When you get a new killer and are trying to learn them it is really hard to play them with garbage perks and evaluate how strong or fun a character is. trying to play at purple and red ranks with a killer you don't have the mechanics down on yet and add in a piss poor load-out to boot makes for a frustrating experience and why more people don't step out of their comfort zones and play a variety of killers.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272
    Options

Easy if you are new player do unlock trash perks...

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    Options

New content is always good, but prioritizing balancing makes the game more enjoyable.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    edited August 2019
    Options

lol so true.

If they nerfed the few strongest perks we would have 110 Average and viable perks lol

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

What sucks is when your web is full of so many crap perks. It's a huge hurdle to clear out the useless MS perks and try to free up BW room for hopefully something good to pop up. Should be able to reset the perk in the current web somehow. Give it a limit or cost, but don't make me go through 5 blood webs with Predator, MS, and Territorial Imperative before I can get a perk I'd actually use.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

As a newer player the grind is daunting. Not bad but there really is a lot to go with.

I kinda wish the daily objectives were different. Maybe 3 instead of one? Some way to wrack up bloodpoints a bit quicker. Especially as a newer player isnt going to be able to get 25k bloodpoints every match.

Also being abke to sell or anything with all the crap on the blood web you will never use would be nice

• TheCroixPuppeteer
    TheCroixPuppeteer Member Posts: 8
    Options

Took me a total of 5mil BP just to find Ruin on GF and most of my bp went to bad perks lol

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    SirVicksTheSlayer Member Posts: 101
    Options

as a killer main myself, i try to use other killers to gain blood points to farm into said new killer. going into purple/red ranks using a new killer with sub optimal perks is asking for it as well. but i do think the blood webs could be toned down a bit. and no im not some bad ass or anything.