Gen Rush... srsly tired

2»

Comments

• Kidliquid01
    Kidliquid01 Member Posts: 7

Maybe a cool down period between gen popping?

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@Kerbert said it perfect. don't bloody make gens even longer, I think more skill checks and faster be ggood but not longer.

we need another objective

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Ruin is not a counter anymore to gen rushing. All red and purple rank power through ruin like it's not even being ran. PGTW is your best chance now, but you have to hook someone in order to use it. Gens could be tweaked back to take a lil longer, or seriously buff ruin so it's actually useful again. Imagine if the killer could just power through your dead-hard and still hit you....

• Kidliquid01
    Kidliquid01 Member Posts: 7

Skill checks on totems and doors. Maybe initiate perks that activate and only works based on completed objective tasks, so that everyone isn't thinking generators at the start.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    edited August 2019

Put more pressure on gens. Learn to disengage from a chase you can't win.

• jzinsky
    jzinsky Member Posts: 112

When the gens are completed in 4 mins you've got problems. This doesn't happen to me and I'm a sucky killer without ruin, noed and such..

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I've said it a thousand times, gen timers alone will do nothing other than destroy the casual side and help a bit on the high ranks. If they want to tweak gen timers, they need to do it by rank, not overall. In Green/yellow ranks, gen timers are fine. When you get near rank 10 and beyond, it starts to thin the herd and the higher quality survivors kick in. That is when we need tweaks.

Unfortunately, increasing difficulty by rank is pointless if rank has no reward. One goes with the other.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

they could do something like filling up on oil/gas or something before you can work on a gen. they could even use the mechanic they had from those puss flower things.

• gambit92
    gambit92 Member Posts: 58

All killers are viable called skill. Dont have to 4k every game. You play for a pip not a 4k

• gambit92

Tell me this is a joke... Once again must be killers feeling they lost because they didnt 4k smh

• gambit92

Couldnt have said it better myself played a game today against freddy and pop goes the weasel was a real nuisance. Freddy finished with about 30k points and 2 escaped. I will say this a 3rd time. Getting a double pip or 4k is reward for playing great, survivor mistakes, or both. Yet getting a pip is still considered progression. In any competitive game you get points toward progression. So why are you all complaining......

• gambit92

Do you know theres a thing called teachable perks and legion can hop right over a pallet and leatherface can just chainsaw it. Catch a survivor vaulting while breaking pallet with chainsaw they go down. Sir how new are you?

• gambit92

Just like yall after a flashlight save huh with moris

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69

this opinion is flawed your saying that ruin is the only way to kinda slow down gen rush? silly you need 1 perk in order to enjoy game as killer xD

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

Who even plays low-tier killers commonly up in the high ranks. You're literally committing yourself to suicide, and I'm not joking. In my opinion, this only happens in high ranks, this isn't an issue till mid-purples. I vouch for a secondary objective, not a lazy extra seconds.

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122
    edited August 2019

Is there anything that the survivors have or do that doesn't bother you?

• C0MAxCHRISS
    C0MAxCHRISS Member Posts: 8

I don't think gens are a problem. I believe the gates are a problem. If you've ever played White Noise 2. After all the tapes are found there's a final stand between the killer and survivors where survivors have to cleanse totems to win the game. I think if you double or even triple the gate times, with a secondary objective afterwards to lessen those times would be much better. This would also make alot of perks for both killer and survivors more useful. Like wake up, or hope..or noed. As of now as soon as the last gen is popped, it's gg for the killer unless they slug with noed. So the final stand will be the killer defending the gates. Maybe even taking one of the 2 incomplete gens and connecting it a gate to power it faster. And actual notifications when a survivor reaches 75% on gate. Idk.. something along those lines would be fun. I play both sides at purple ranks, I just think end game is way to easy for survivors...and mid game, and early game too. But endgame should be way more intense.

• gambit92

Ok just just suck then. Go find a good killer and study. Been red ranks for awhile and i love a good wraith billy or nurse. Getting wrecked by a sniper huntress no different shows they learned. Clearly not you.

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

A bit before Endgame Collapse was released, devs decreased the amount of time required to open the exit gates in PTB. The community had to fight to get it reverted. I agree with you, but we have to deal with the devs perception of the game: it doesn't always coincide with the actual status of the game. I think most of them play between rank 20-15 at best. I hope there is someone testing consistently the actual gameplay at rank 1, because many choices they made gameplay side simply don't make you think that.

• MrMisanthropy66
    MrMisanthropy66 Member Posts: 167

Sorry buddy I don't DC like a baby when I get out played, I learn from it like a big boy.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    edited August 2019

Every killer since Pig brang perks to avoid gens

And ruin still exists, even got buffed a while ago

(Ruin can be combined with haunted grounds, I love it)

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

Second objective? Y’all ever heard of Ruin? Literally every survivor scrambles in fear to go find the totem instead of working on the generator. If you can’t stop someone from doing a gen in 80 seconds without Ruin then you’re not a good killer lol

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@Raidoku It would help if you actually read the entire thing, rather than read one sentence and put words in my mouth.

I simply asked the question seeing as OP never provided information about what he was running. Ruin (yes) its just a perk, but some people need it more than others. I've seen killers 4k with only 1 gen done, and no Ruin... so you gonna tell me it's not possible?

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

yeah gen rushing is why I am barely playing the game now..I can see a lot of killers leaving due to how bad this had gotten of late

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Watch this space guys...

Watch devs actually increase gen times/ add a secondary objective and watch this space still complain about "gen rushing".

Survivors will adapt. They always do.

They've already nerfed gen repair time, they've already given you bloodlust to aid you during a chase, they've already nerfed healing time (which is why someone who knows how to loop doesn't even bother doing it). What more do you want? The survivor's head served to you on a platter?

Imagine if you had to assemble your own hook before hooking someone... I mean there are times when I can think of that survivors needed that extra 30 seconds too.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

ruin doesnt need a buff, its bad now because it has been abused all the time and people adapt , killers kinda had it coming

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,241

I'd ask that same question of you. Legion can hop a pallet and hit someone with Feral Frenzy or suffer a pretty big cooldown...but either way, if he's hopping a pallet, he's not downing anyone right after. Leatherface can chainsaw a pallet. Correct. And the reason I suspect you're new is because you seriously just listed Leatherface as having pallet utility. I am aware of teachable perks. They range from counter-able by good survivors (Enduring/Spirit Fury) to borderline useless (Brutal Strength). Regardless, your reply to me didn't even address what I said (dealing with pallets is a losing proposition at high ranks). But yes, Legion can indeed hop over pallets and give deep wound to people. So, uh, yeah.

• gambit92

Have over a 1000 hrs ginji amano on steam. And if your complaining about pallets regardless your new not from the days of double shack pallet and 2 per jungle gym. So yeah its just funny you guys on here complaining i simply come here to laugh at all the crying and smile at the real people who play the game. Dealing with pallets is just fine regardless of killer if you know what your doing. Clear example they can only drop the pallet one of two ways. Force them to drop it when they are in the less optimal position. It's really not that hard.

• gambit92

Lmao legion isnt downing anyone well no duhh. is anyone downing anyone without exposed status hell no .... God you people. Talk about this game like its master tier league of legends or overwatch. Its so comical.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Nah people will just complain until they get everything nerfed on survivor's side. Because killers obviously have no room to adapt...

• gambit92

Thank you i swear it really just seems like they want to take every dang thing from survivors. Oh keys are op they dont do gens. Well last time i checked still have to complete one more than remaining survivors for it to even appear. Oh toolboxes are op. I come from days of brand new parts instantly finishing an entire gen. And lastly yes as you stated. Gen times have been increased about 2 times now so yes. Time repeats itself. They will complain regardless of the multitude of perks that exist to slow them. And lets not include all killers though. There certainly are a few bright ones and i love playing those moonwalking smooth sons a guns.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241
    edited August 2019

Just make totems slow gen progression by 5% each. Game is slower, incentive rather than mandatory objective, NOED gets worse overall, everyone gets ice cream

Also, a LOT of games in purple ranks 0 or 1 gen gets done. Make this take even longer and oh baby will that hatch need to start opening when two people are alive XD

• gambit92

Makes no sense to force people to kill perks. Thats all that you would be doing. Devour bye. Lullaby bye. We need to get these gens done. Killers find survivors because they suppose to be doing gens. If they looking for totems then killer would need whispers or the like. Gens are fine. Played today and good killers rotate awareness and pressure. Keep track of whos doing what. You dont you lost not gens fault. Yours. And i take that responsibility everytime they get done fast

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241
    edited August 2019

Oh, glad you think everything is fine. That changes my opinion on the topic completely, of course. Glad we could exchange ideas on the threads topic, my dude.

/smh

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 378

Get gud.

• gambit92
    edited August 2019

YOU MAKE NO SENSE with that last statement i swear. And your aremt just making noed weaker your making all totem perks weaker thats game breaking. Do survivors do gens while ruin active? not really then why would they at -25%. Eat your wheaties for breakfast and lets get some better ideas pal. Thats clear.

-25% gen progession smh to that.