Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

No one play Ash anymore ?

2»

Comments

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

Sounds like a smart killer to me. recognizing the survivors mistakes, and exploiting it sounds like a smart killer indeed. Anyway you do you. If you need DS you need DS.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

@Chickenchaser If you call doing something you already are doing exploiting mistakes. They're both idiots if you ask me, but yeah, I wouldn't call it pathetic(the campers are the pathetic ones).

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

If you bought him to have an OP perk, that's on you. However, I am fairly certain they used him as an easy cash grab.

• Chickenchaser

Why would you think that? If you make it so camping is beneficial to the killer you've got no one to blame but your team. you want killers to throw away a game Just so survivors can get free saves all day? And if killers take advantage of bad play they are pathetic? do some gens for gods sake. If you're the one getting camped tough luck. Maybe next time you'll have a better team.

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

@Chickenchaser If I'm on a hook and the killer was ALREADY camping right outside his terror radius, he wasn't taking advantage of a misplay, he was creating one. The fact that he's relying on overly altruistic survivors for an easy win(and it is easy if you're camping and have overly altruistic survivors), it is pathetic.

• drkiwie
    drkiwie Member Posts: 56

Lmao, so this has now turned into a camping thread? *Face palm*

• Chickenchaser

Can you win a chase? Because If you can you've got nothing to complain about. Dead hard gives you two chances for your chase after you're saved. Borrowed Time gives you three chances if you've got dead hard. You're telling me the killer has to hit you three times, and you still need decisive strike to bail you out?

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

@Chickenchaser Dead Hard is broken(and I don't see how a one time use dodge is two chances. It's one), it doesn't work correctly, Borrowed Time requires a teammate to have it, and you were the one that called it camping(which it is TBH, and you were the one that complained about DS calling it pathetic, when it is actually used to counter pathetic campers, as I countered your argument with).

The only reason DS exists is to counter it, and your idiot teammates for unhooking you while the killer is nearby, because it doesn't rely on anyone else. There's nothing pathetic about it. You made the topic into DS, I explained why DS wasn't "pathetic" as you said it was, and you started calling camping "smart". I don't know why you're laughing when it was you who started the conversation.

If I'm freshly unhooked, the killer only needs to hit me once. I need Decisive Strike because he's sitting there waiting for me to be unhooked so he can put me in second stage the second I'm off if my teammate doesn't have BT, which they usually don't. If I could give myself BTs effect I would, but I can't, thus, DS. And again, I don't HAVE DS unlocked as a teachable. I said I've seen SEVERAL times where DS would have been my only way of survival due to a killer being a dick and my teammates not rushing gens and instead coming to try to unhook me.

Oh and no one can "win" a chase unless the killer gives up. Eventually they will go down, especially if they're already injured and the killer is right there waiting for them.

@drkiwie No, it was a DS thread after this guy started complaining about it and calling it pathetic. I just explained why DS isn't pathetic and has a legitimate reason for existing. I suppose you could consider it a camping thread now though also since he started talking about how camping was "smart".

• Faceless
    Faceless Member Posts: 121

MoM needs a rework. this perk is totally useless now

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

They should lower his volume tbh. His heavy smoker grunts are way too loud

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I like both the character and his model in DBD, but he's so incredibly loud and his injured groaning gets on my nerves really quickly.

• drkiwie
    drkiwie Member Posts: 56

DS is fine, plz fix dead hard....and plz stop making this look like a Reddit thread....

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

I dont like playing him.

I switched from claudette to ace to Nea and now im leveling jane because her booty is so funny. But her screams are awful if survivor should ever get build in things, jane needs iron will and calm spirit xD

And keep in mind those character switches happened over the last 3 years so maybe one day Im playin Ash but for now he's boring and ugly. And I never liked his perk. I love strong perks and fun perks but MoM was just annoying to play and play against. I like it strong, not toxic

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited August 2019

I P3 and got every perk on my Kate, who was to be my main before Ash came out. That said, once I've got all killers I intend to play regularly to P3 with all perks, (half way there) I will be going back to Dwight, Nea, Adam and Ash and doing the same so I can perk wheel with them too and swap around freely.

As for the changes to the one decent perk on that build; it was definitely a stupid move, imo. Only safe hooks made it usable and also maxed you out at 8 tokens, so only two people could use it in one game. It was obvious that it would become a perk seldom used outside of meme builds and 4 man SWFs with the change that came.

And at the same time since this was a thing I've had a bug that made the game painful to play as I don't gain all the progress I earn and keep it. Which is still not fixed. :)

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Left Behind exists and is likely as such even less used.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

I already got his three teachable perks on my main and hit the first prestige with him. I'm working on the prestige for other characters right now (I kinda have a cycle set up) so I haven't been using him. Didn't change because of the Mettle of Man nerf, although I do agree that they went a bit overkill on it.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited August 2019

Arent BT and Dead Hard also, "bail outs"?

Also your "three hit needs DS still" co descending statement would require then to be using DH, DS, AND have a teammate (random in this situation) use BT. Pretty specific.

Sounds like you're just biased against DS users.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    edited August 2019

Wait, you mean to tell me that we nerfed something that was overpowered in a live game?

You should never buy something in an online game- any game at all- just because it's really powerful. Everything is subject to change.

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    SirVicksTheSlayer Member Posts: 101

im a killer main, but when i play survivor, i play as ash because i love the movies and bruce campell

• Sushi_x2099
    Sushi_x2099 Member Posts: 39

what 60 seconds of complete immunity r u talkin about all u hav to do is slug and mori survivor and mettle of man should of kept safe hook rescue cause ur never gonna get protection hit pulled off

• Sushi_x2099
    Sushi_x2099 Member Posts: 39
  • Chickenchaser

A killer waiting/camping outside of the terror radius to lure survivors in is not camping close enough to hit you the second you get off the hook. Giving you plenty of time to start getting distance. If the killer is face camping one survivor can body block while the other one saves. Or they can use borrowed Time. Or they can distract with flashlight blinding. There's several effective ways to get a save with a face camper.

If you've got a team of mouth breathers, and the killer is taking advantage of that it makes the killer smart. Camping is smart only if survivors are falling for it. It's not pathetic. You know better. you can make that distinction yourself.

I don't care if you use decisive strike. I just said that I don't feel comfortable using such a cheap perk. I've already said pathetic was the wrong word. Go ahead and keep your crutch. that's what it's there for. Players just like you.

Two chances with dead hard. dead hard=1st chance. Running around injured=second chance. 1+1=2. Add borrowed Time for +1. 1+1+1=3. With only dead hard it's just like any other normal chase. the killer must hit you twice. Dead hard isn't broken. You have to know what you're doing. Again You know better. Dead hard isn't a "bail out" you don't get 60 seconds of immunity with dead hard. 60 seconds. 60....Seconds. That's a total bail out.

I win chases all the time. I see other survivors win chases all the time. I truly feel sorry for you if you think no one wins chases.

And read the thread again. I didn't bring up camping. All I did was casually mention how I didn't like the perk. That's why I find this funny.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

I play ash love evil dead 2 and 3 and his role in alien apocalypse

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304

Lost for words in THAT being a companies response to this complaint. "don't buy our stuff if you think it's too useful. We'll will likely make it less useful after we cash in."

Besides the fact that you didn't nerf, you did ALL but delete it.

Like I said, lesson learned. I DEFINATELY won't have this problem again. It's the only thing I can be certain of.

Now I'm gonna walk away from this train-wreck of a thread.

• Bhazgrim
    Bhazgrim Member Posts: 40

I always play Ash.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

I would argue, that the way you nerfed it, was a disservice for itself. Putting it in a state, in which it's even almost impossible to play it as intended now. MoM is one of this cases, which sometimes make me lose faith in your design team. Starting with an absolute overpowered annoying perk, which gets "fixed" by making it completely useless and basicly unplayable. That's not good balancing and a good reason to complain about.