Transfer Progress from Console to the PC

Options

So I know there's no cross-platform gameplay and that's fine.. but can it be possible to have the option to do this:

Option to transfer all progress made on the console to the PC Version when you buy it, thereby resetting all the progress you made on the console back to zero.

(Vice versa too.. Platform to Platform.. PC to Ps4, Ps4 to XBox, xbox to PC, etc)

I have DBD on Ps4 and spent a lot of time playing it and leveling up my characters. I don't have a PC right now but if I did I would want to play DBD on PC instead of Ps4. When I do get a PC can I transfer all my progress on the Ps4 to the PC version? I realize this would reset all my progress I made on the console but that's fine.

Comments

• xJayeSparkle
    xJayeSparkle Member Posts: 49
    Options

:)

• ChicoRockz
    ChicoRockz Member Posts: 34
    Options

Been asking for this for awhile. I play on both PC and console. I've spent the bulk of my time playing with friends on the console. But now with the terrible matchmaking times I've gone back to PC. I don't want to have to grind all over again for things I already have.

I'm pretty sure they can implement this. If not now, when the dedicated servers come for sure. Other companies do it. So I hope Behavior comes around.

• xJayeSparkle
    Options

Yay, I'm not alone in wanting this. I bought DBD on PC too. I only bought it to try and see if my laptop could handle playing it. Unfortunately it doesn't do well.. so I requested a refund but got denied since I (tried) to play it for over an hour.

So I got a copy of DBD on PC but can't play it.. however I plan to get a Gaming Computer at some point in my life (haha) and would love to transfer all the progress on my characters over to the PC version. I have Nea has Prestige 2 and a few cosmetics I don't want to lose.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

When DBD comes out on the Nintendo Switch I will quite literally buy a Switch just to play this game mobile but ONLY if we can use our accounts cross-platform. Not talking about cross-play, but simply having your data on one Dead by Daylight account that can be used across platforms.

• xJayeSparkle
    Options

Hopefully this sort of thing will be possible in the future. I'd hate to start over on PC. :(

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    Options

At least you get ore frames and can aim as killer a bit better

• Killernewb86
    Killernewb86 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Can Devs please do this??

• Struze27
    Struze27 Member Posts: 2
    Options

And they still haven't done it, fat rip

• Tro
    Tro Member Posts: 223
    Options

I wish they did. I bought the game on pc but only played twice because I have almost 1500 hrs on switch.

• WokeNea
    WokeNea Member Posts: 34
    Options

I play on console too bad when I get my PC I'll have to start over :(

And I spent money on it

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I’m hoping this’ll be announced as part of the next update.

Also, this is quite a necro.

• CaptnSquanchie
    CaptnSquanchie Member Posts: 7
    Options

I have spent a lot of money on dbd and would like for my stuff to be able to transfer from xbox to pc because i dont want to rebuy all the stuff i have and farm for blood points again

• Deratarx
    Deratarx Member Posts: 2
    Options

It would be nice to see this happen with cross-play now. Since all of the accounts are in the cloud i'm pretty sure there would be a simple way to implement this into the game. Maybe like (pardon my example) Supercell, you could have all accounts use an ID system through their cloud that saves progress across devices.

• my_hat_stinks
    my_hat_stinks Member Posts: 24
    Options

Since all of the accounts are in the cloud i'm pretty sure there would be a simple way to implement this into the game.

That's quite an assumption. Without seeing the back end there's no guarantee player data for each platform is even stored in the same table, database, or server ("the cloud" just means "someone else's server"). Just off the top of my head I can think of a few plausible implementations that would have varying levels of difficulty when attempting to combine accounts, particularly where paid DLC is concerned.

I do agree that it's a good idea, it just might not be as simple to implement as you're assuming.

Relevant XKCD: https://xkcd.com/1425/

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,210
    edited August 2020
    Options

said cross Progress in the news in game so how it work who can do it.

edit

nevermind that cross Progress and cross friends🤣