The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BBQ and Cheap

As a survivor main, it is rough going up against some killers. Killers like nurse, hillbilly, freddy, etc (anyone who can move very fast or teleport) who run BBQ and Chili are annoying to play against. I am obviously complaining about one side but I think BBQ and Chili needs to be retired. Killers have plenty of other nice perks to compete against survivors. I am just tired of going up against BBQ and Chili paired with Nurses Calling paired with Hex Ruin. It makes it very difficult to get stuff done when you're constantly trying to watch your back. (Is this dude really complaining about watching his back during a horror game? Yes he is)

I do see a lot of killers who use it well. However, higher number ranks use it as a cheap way to tunnel. I can run a lot of killers, I can escape a lot of them, I like to believe I am average at the game. However, I have noticed an over abundance of killers using BBQ and Chili and Nurses Calling to target one survivor's demise at a time. They hook the person, see everyone else and run. Then they see when you attempt to heal and target you immediately. God forbid someone else gets hooked and they see the one limping survivor. They just rush you. Every killer can see the 4 people at the bottom left just like the survivors can. A little decency would be nice and respect the gen patrol instead of survivor patrolling.

What are your thoughts? I know I am being a huge cry baby, but the game was really fun for a while and now it is getting pretty annoying.

Side Thought: What if your survivor/killer rank determined the perks you could use. As in, the lower your rank the lower the perk you can use. The higher the rank, the more rare perk you can use. It may allow some sort of balance within the skill gap. I mean, I see killers rank 18 using all rare perks and playing cheap as hell. I am just tired of it.

Comments

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

I'm just tired of the same perks being on top for far too long.

We need a new meta, shake things up a bit.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Survivors decide the meta. When stealth will become meta over looping, we'll see more doctor and legion, with detection perks more than chase ender perks.

• MajorSyn
    MajorSyn Member Posts: 27

You know, I didn't know locker hiding stopped BBQ and Chili. I am a fool. I do run one direction and count to 5, but a lot of the time they get there quickly enough. (Been seeing a lot of nurses and ghost face lately)

• YaiPa

Well no. They created this game with stealth in mind. They lowered the number of pallets to promote this behavior, yet survivors still loop. They increased the time to heal and buffed sloppy in order to make games last longer, survivor stopped healing and started doing gens injured.

Every decision they took didn't bring the meta to the direction they would like.

• Oneblacktophat
    Oneblacktophat Member Posts: 16

I would just like to say two things. First of all I spent over five minutes to ten minutes coming up with a response to this, but I hit the refresh button and everything got deleted, so short version is survivor friends are OP, probably should make 2 game modes one for random and one SWF, probably a bad idea. Second, just try to stay hidden there are many counters to these perks, but they are designed for SWF because most of them can finish games in a couple minutes.

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174

BBQ can be counter at 100% by follow two rules and this whatever the killer.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250

Imagine actually running BnC for the aura reading.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Yes, and survivors want a perk that give us 1000% BP for stop gen rushing. Less stress for killers

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

I mostly use it for the bp bonus

As long as it does that I won't stop using it

• MajorSyn

It is easy to come on here and act as if you know everything when I clearly said I was just complaining to begin with. Not to mention that if you read my full statement, I am mad that killers use it as a way to tunnel certain people and not the perk in general. Maybe read and take the full context rather than seeing one part of it. K thx

• Frugl1
    Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

It can only be used to tunnel if the survivor refuses to hide from it.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I use B&C on my Hag for bloodpoints only. I trap hooks in order to slow survivor approach (and sometimes get a lucky hit). So when the auras trigger, I’m busy drawing triangles in the mud.

Altogether, I find the auras to be secondary. If they were removed entirely and the bloodpoint bonus remained, I think B&C would continue to see about the same amount of usage.

• derperson
    derperson Member Posts: 130
    edited August 2019

I don't even look at the auras anymore - i know where y'all are >=D I use BBQ for bloodpoints, to get those green addons, when there arent a billion stage offerings. I usually need 3 full bloodwebs, or 150-170k to get a few great addons and a handful of meh addons. With BBQ and chili thats 3 matches, or 40-60 minutes. WIthout BBQ, that'd be more like two hours... I would probably quit the game if that was the case, because most of the matches I would be playing would be with brown or gray addons, i.e. at a level of power that I can't tolerate much anymore.

If they remove BBQ, they'd have to rework the XP bonus into some other useful perk, and maybe once a character is P3 level 50, and has all perks available to them, allow them to sell back addons/offerings at half their original value.

If you can't empathize, imagine that as a survivor you could only do running vaults every 3rd game because it was tied to an addon that you could only regularly afford by using a perk that's tied to a licensed killer. Whenever you don't have that addon? Deal with those medium speed vaults. The fact that survivors are always guaranteed parkour like endurance is probably what makes some of em so upset when they lose - their best powers are built into them and can only be hindered by the power and addons/perks of the killer, which is tied to... yeah, you get it.

• YaiPa

Well no. They created this game with stealth in mind, they lowered the amount of pallets to promote this behavior, yet survivors still loop. They increased the healing time, buffed sloppy, in order to make games last longer, survivors stopped healing and started repairing gens while injured.

Every decision they made never brought the meta to the direction they actually wanted.

• YaiPa

Well no. They created this game with stealth in mind, they lowered the amount of pallets to promote this behavior, yet survivors still loop. They increased the healing time, buffed sloppy, in order to make games last longer, survivors stopped healing and started repairing gens while injured.

Every decision they made never brought the meta to the direction they actually wanted.

• MajorSyn

Again, this is about killers who use a combination of perks. If a killer uses BBQ and Chili and Nurses Calling then why would I ever want to heal. They just tunnel right to you in order to re-hook you immediately.

If you read back to the original post... "I do see a lot of killers who use it well. However, higher number ranks use it as a cheap way to tunnel."

"However, I have noticed an over abundance of killers using BBQ and Chili and Nurses Calling to target one survivor's demise at a time. They hook the person, see everyone else and run. Then they see when you attempt to heal and target you immediately."

"respect the gen patrol instead of survivor patrolling"

" I know I am being a huge cry baby"

Stop taking what you want out of what I said just to try and prove a point.

• MajorSyn

Well I sure hope you get camped every first hook in every attempt you try to play survivor.

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Stealth will never become the meta, it's too boring to become a meta over looping.

Even after killers like you (I've seen your posts) nerf looping into oblivion survivors are still gonna try and loop than be Claudette's every single game

• MajorSyn

I go against camping on first hook killers about 75% of my matches at rank 8. They also stay within a certain range for the terror radius and as soon as they see the unhook they are immediately right back to try and swing for me to get the second hook. It is very frustrating, hence the post. You cannot deny that there is an abuse in the perks, as with every perk. To his above point, distortion doesn't always work. I do hide in lockers now whenever I know somebody is getting hooked, but when a killer gets frustrated in game because they can't see anybody or actually get to them, they immediately begin camping. So no, it is not an anti-camping perk. It still happens.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

survivors complain about camping

--> devs add perks that encourage the killer to leave the hook

--> survivor complain about those perks

--> survivors encourage camping

see where this is going?

also, BBQ has a LOT of counterplay. learn to use it.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2019

I think your comment lacks depth of the matter let me elaborate:

Survivors Complain About Camping:

• A perk is introduced to encourage leaving the hook
    • Survivor's complain that the perk is too op
      • A perk call Distortion was implemented as well as lockers hiding auras.
      • Killers are returning to camping and tunneling due to the perk being useless and instant saves becoming more prevalent.
        • Survivor's still complain that the perk is too strong.
        • Survivor's complain camping and tunneling have become more prevalent.
          • Waiting for the perk that counters Distortion......
  • TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

BBQ and chili is a crutch perk and the strongest because everytime I run even tier 1 it's usually a 4k. I've seen several times that the locker hide doesn't work unless timed just right and when you seem really close it's not close enough. I literally played 5 games in a row against mediocre killers that 4k because we are obviously not SWF... I think I get why killer games take 20 minutes while survivor games take 1 to 2🤣

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156

Why is complaining about BBQ still a thing. It has many counterplays lol.

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

OP, this is a lollable post; 'I'm tired of having to try.'.

Get in a locker?

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

The dev needs to create a point category for Stealth. Otherwise, the entire meta will be based around gen rushing and hook rushing.

I don't have a problem with any killer perks. I have a problem with the forced playstyles that the dev encourages. Escaping a murderous killer shouldn't be just about running around a box with a wood pallet or fixing gens.

I'll say it again, i'll buy a DLC that is just them fixing their game.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Well survivor meta didn't changed at all since the beginning. DS/Exhaustion perk/Self-Care/Adrenaline, but there is a lot of different builds they could run to win and escape.

For killer on the other hand, the fate of the game rely on few perks : Ruin= a 50/50% chance to slow the game enough to get at least 1 hook before the first gen is popped / BBQ= a 0/100% chance to get in chase with a new victim quicker than without / Nurse's Calling = really good on the Stealthy killers and best counter to SC (which is somehow still meta even tho it's clearly overrated) / Pop the Weasel = really good on good killer with high mobility

Every single of them are here for the killer to not waste too much of his time, and for a killer every single second is precious as every single hesitation or mistake can cost you the game, while all survivor get a second chance (for ex :Dead Hard to correct a trajectory during chase, because miscalculation and would have been down = survivor mistake hurting the killer instead of the survivor)

Until the balance is pointing to the killer as the power role, you will see the same meta build on killers.