Why DC in a SWF game?

Just played my first game with ghostface, the first guy i downed DC before i could get him on my shoulder. It didn't take long to get the next two on the hook. The last person actually had a clutch escape. Right before I could hook them they wiggled free and made it to the hatch with me right on their heels. So I messaged that person and let them know how sweet that escape was and that i hoped they recorded it. Then i got a chat invite (playing on xbox) from one of the other players and i normally don't accept after game chat invites. I figured maybe he wanted to tell me how toxic I am blah blah blah. So I accepted. this whole time i figured i was playing with rank 20 survivors because the game went so fast and because i am a rank 17 killer. when i got into chat i saw that they were all in a chat together playing SWF and were all rank 10 except for one of them was a 15. So why DC if you can all communicate. I don't tunnel, I don't camp, and I honestly try to give people a fair chance. But they didn't even get one gen done. if was the fastest game with the highest rank survivors

Answers

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Temper tantrum? Some people are just that pissy.

• xRogueRenegade
    xRogueRenegade Member Posts: 2

Just don't understand how you reach rank 10 if you DC all the time

• tavdogg11
    tavdogg11 Member Posts: 59

People tend to be toxic, and even with friends they think that they could escape with a DC. It's funny when you realize that you made someone pissed off so much that they DC, but it's also dumb since they could've worked together to counter your plays.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

People just want to screw killers over, I've been in both sides, non toxic survivor and a killer camps and tunnels and non toxic killer who let the last one escape through hatch and get a message saying "EZ"... Just don't take it personal and enjoy how frustrated the other person was when he decided to DC

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

I don't get why my one friend DC's and assumes he one up'd the killer.

Honestly when people DC against me i laugh boisterously, especially during mori's (not that i desire using them unless i know I'm up for a fight)

the mentality that you pulled one over on the killer, denying their 1k points when you lost who knows how many thousands of points is just like...ok?

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311
    edited August 2019

Not all SWFs are all on the same page either, and once you get into groups with some level of friend-of-a-friend there can be really clashing mindsets at play.

I pretty much only play in a 2man with a friend nowadays, but for a while it was a 3man. Was all fun and games at first, but this 3rd person that was a friend of my friend had a much more serious mindset than us, and they also had a really short fuse and got angry easily. At first we could just laugh it off and it was all kept between us, but eventually they started talking mad trash in postgame chat as well and chew us out for percieved mistakes we made as well, so we just sorta stopped playing with them.

And of course some people are just ascended and don't care about the context at all. They will DC if they feel like it, they'll probably do it after the queue cooldown punishments as well and leave the rest of their group going "######### bro? We're not waiting around for 30 minutes AGAIN!" 😄

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited August 2019

I wouldn't dwell on it - maybe they hate the map or the killer chosen. There are people who take the game in various levels of seriousness, a lot of SWF just want to mess around and when they are either done with that or see that nothing is working out, they will just bounce for another try elsewhere looking for the thrill.