How I look at Small Game now, 2.5 years later

Since I started playing the game (January 2017), I always looked at Small Game as a useless, trash tier perk. I decided to take it to a spin on my Adam recently and holy crap, it does the job: It negates every Hex perk in the game, helps you avoid killer's traps (including Freddy's new dream traps) and it also guarantees a 1k BP bonus for cleansing totems. I feel like this perk deserves some love from the community right now, since it's a very underrated perk.

Comments

• tavdogg11
    tavdogg11 Member Posts: 59

Yeah, this perk needs to be used now I think about it. Hex perks are way to powerful and using this you can finally don't have to deal with Hex perks.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Small Game has always been one of the most under-rated perks in the game. I don't typically run it, because I seem to find the totems with no problem (and I just work through Ruin), but occasionally I'll throw it on if I have trouble finding the totems or if I'm tired of NOED in general.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

But "noed op" and "no slots left in mah loadout"

No need to take a perk ro mitigate some problem if your cwf can carry you or you whine until the devs nerf it.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

@tavdogg11 Hexes too strong... good one xD. Only decent hexes are devour and third seal, but how often do you see them work? Haunted grounds aswell to some extent.

Small game was always a strong perk, just like kindred or spine chill. If survivors refuse to use them its their choice.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Agree. I've always loved Small Game (it was my first perk on Quentin (for anyone wondering, back in the day a Survivor didn't start with their teachables)) and I can't believe how many people think of it as weak or even useless.

There *are* plenty of useless and underwhelming Survivor perks, but there are also no few perks that are criminally underrated and deserve more love from the community.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I can't wait for survivors to shed their no skill, trash, second chance perks for actual god tier perks like this or spine chill lmao

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Excuse me? How are Hexperks overpowered? Ruin gets cleansed within 60 seconds every match.

Also, Small game is for most ppl useless, since Survivor (me included) know the hex spawns anyway.

• Juya
    Juya Member Posts: 63

I personally think this perk is trash due to how the camera works for survivors and how it gives "fake" calls if you flick your camera too much.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I never thought it was a trash tier perk. Maybe you need to look inside yourself and think about why you judged it so harshly and assumed everyone else did too.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

I've always loved this perk ^_^It' part of my Laura Croft build :p