Next killer and Survivor speculation.

Options
Okay how about something a little bit more positive and uplifting.

Now the reason I put this in general discussions is because it doesn't quite fit on the killer page or on the Survivor page and I don't really want to split both discussions up just yet. To give you an idea of how to get this thing going and basically get the ball rolling.For the next update which is coming in the next 2 months. 

I want the killer to be a teacher and the Survivor to be an intern.

+Teacher: a killer that has perks that punish failed skill checks or a power that keeps track of how many you failed until you score an instant down
+Survivor: making up for those failed skill checks

Basically if we're going to have survivors and killer combos we should have them be a ying to each other's yang.

Basically we can get an idea going and basically vote on that I suppose I will go ahead and split both of them up among the forms of Survivor and killer and then apply them to the wish list. The one who comes up with the best idea that people can agree on will pretty much be mentioned in all post concerning this.

Have fun and be creative and please try to stay on topic

Oh and remember no license  killers.

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

I bet money the next survivor if not licensed, will be a blonde male. It’s basically the only thing not in the game

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Options
    @Jack11803
    Got a point we don't have a blonde male just yet. However any idea on what he might do
  • GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

I bet money the next survivor if not licensed, will be a blonde male. It’s basically the only thing not in the game

Preferably a surfer bro that starts shirtless. So David can have someone to compare with. 
  • ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192
    Options

@Countfunkular said:

Now the reason I put this in general discussions is because it doesn't quite fit on the killer page or on the Survivor page and I don't really want to split both discussions up just yet. To give you an idea of how to get this thing going and basically get the ball rolling.For the next update which is coming in the next 2 months. 

+Teacher: a killer that has perks that punish failed skill checks or a power that keeps track of how many you failed until you score an instant down

Basically if we're going to have survivors and killer combos we should have them be a ying to each other's yang.

Basically we can get an idea going and basically vote on that I suppose I will go ahead and split both of them up among the forms of Survivor and killer and then apply them to the wish list. The one who comes up with the best idea that people can agree on will pretty much be mentioned in all post concerning this.

Well, if you look at every chapter, and even associate Claudette with Wraith and Meg with Hillbilly, and Dwight with Trapper, then the Survivors don't ever really match up with the Killers in the backstory aspect, except for maybe how they got pulled into the Fog. The Killers should have nothing to do with the Survivors. That's a tradition the devs have kind of kept up with.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

The game still needs a Hispanic / Indian character though

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Original not sure, but I think I know who the next licensed killer could be if you allow me to speak of this in your thread
  • ItsDaEmuDood
    Options

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

@Countfunkular said:

Well, if you look at every chapter, and even associate Claudette with Wraith and Meg with Hillbilly, and Dwight with Trapper, then the Survivors don't ever really match up with the Killers in the backstory aspect, except for maybe how they got pulled into the Fog. The Killers should have nothing to do with the Survivors. That's a tradition the devs have kind of kept up with.

By the way, the devs played around with a teacher idea back then, and stopped looking at it since. That wasn't the case for the clown, but he's not a creepy clown like everyone was expecting. He's more of a dark, melodramatic clown. He's not all happy and bright or anything like that. A teacher is associated with children, so that might kill the whole idea entirely.

• Stagnance
    Stagnance Member Posts: 11
    Options

I think the next killer should be a giant rodent of some sort called "The Tunneler" (also because people complain about tunneling haha!) that has the ability to move at high speeds underground (like a chain saw sprint) and pop up to attack survivors. You'd be able to see a mound of dirt left behind or some kind of dust effect.

To add some irony the survivor could be someone who used to work as an exterminator/pest control.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    Options

One of my first discussions. It was a Killer idea I had to kind of counter gen rushing without commitment and overall altruistic Survivors.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/5047/i-have-another-potentially-bad-idea#latest

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Original not sure, but I think I know who the next licensed killer could be if you allow me to speak of this in your thread
    It’s Ghostface isn’t it?

• Jack11803
    Options

@GhostEuant said:
    Jack11803 said:

Preferably a surfer bro that starts shirtless. So David can have someone to compare with. 

Probably not actually. Would probably be of average build, given they’re trying to space characters of similar nationalities and such apart.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Someissues said:

@Jack11803 said:

Jake is Native American decent right?

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Someissues said:

@Jack11803 said:

Maybe Asian American though... that’d through that out the window

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

Next chapter should be September/Oktober right? I don't know but I really would like to see something classical horror themed like a mummy or headless horseman.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    I'd like to see a killer who can freeze survivors in place when they get shot with a camera. Evil within 2 inspired. Stephano has a really good style and this game has a place for his beauty.
  • AshleyWB
    edited July 2018
    Options
    WE WANT GANONDORF WE WANT GANONDORF WE WANT GANONDORF WE WANT GANONDORF WE WANT GANONDORF we ain't gonna get him though. 
  • Jack11803
    Options

@AshleyWB said:
    WE WANT GANONDORF WE WANT GANONDORF WE WANT GANONDORF WE WANT GANONDORF WE WANT GANONDORF we ain't gonna get him though. 

He’d just play tennis with everybody though.....

• AshleyWB
    Options
    Big Foot - some man shaped thing covered in dark brown fur. Power - Rush - can sprint forward really fast and follow up with a strike attack which injures survivor and forces them to stumble.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@AshleyWB said:
    Big Foot - some man shaped thing covered in dark brown fur. Power - Rush - can sprint forward really fast and follow up with a strike attack which injures survivor and forces them to stumble.

Uglier, Smellier, Weaker Hillbilly?

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Someissues said:

@Jack11803 said:

Jake Park is Korean.

But yeah, we don't have a single Hispanic, Middle Eastern/South Asian character yet.

• AshleyWB
    Options
    @Jack11803 I can imagine ganondorf punching a pallet towards Claudettes face and standing over her laughing like he does. I wanna tea bag him.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Someissues said:

@Jack11803 said:

Jake Park is Korean.

But yeah, we don't have a single Hispanic, Middle Eastern/South Asian character yet.

Well, this game is popular is Korea, China, Japan, most of Europe, America, and Canada. The game seees almost no play in Mexico, South America, and India, maybe that could be why? They would add characters the player base would match first after all

• AshleyWB
    Options
    @Jack11803 Bigfoot is stealthy like myers but can appear out of nowhere rushing right towards you. Small terror radius. He blends in with trees and stuff.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@AshleyWB said:
    @Jack11803 Bigfoot is stealthy like myers but can appear out of nowhere rushing right towards you. Small terror radius. He blends in with trees and stuff.

Myers blends in with latex and stuff.....

• Visionmaker
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    Well, this game is popular is Korea, China, Japan, most of Europe, America, and Canada. The game seees almost no play in Mexico, South America, and India, maybe that could be why? They would add characters the player base would match first after all

I don't think that really matters. lol

Eastern cultures usually doesn't give a crap about that sort of stuff. But people in Western nations, particularly Americans, emphasize the need for diversity. Partially because America is a diverse nation, regardless of the 'majority'.

Hispanic/Latino peoples are the second largest ethnic group in the US, so technically, if they cared about matching the playerbase, there is merit in adding a Hispanic/Latino character.

• AshleyWB
    Options
    Killer- The mummy 
    Power- bees or beetles or whatever can be fired to home in on nearby survivors. Survivors must perform a 'get the f*ck off me' action to scare the pests off. I'd like to see a killer with 2 powers.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

@Jack11803 said:

I don't think that really matters. lol

Eastern cultures usually doesn't give a crap about that sort of stuff. But people in Western nations, particularly Americans, emphasize the need for diversity. Partially because America is a diverse nation, regardless of the 'majority'.

It is an international game though. Fun fact, I’ve had tons of Americans say to me they can say whatever they want cuz 1st amendment. They do know their country can’t just supervenes borders and stuff over the internet right? The world isn’t America

• Visionmaker
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    It is an international game though. Fun fact, I’ve had tons of Americans say to me they can say whatever they want cuz 1st amendment. They do know their country can’t just supervenes borders and stuff over the internet right? The world isn’t America

Okay? I didn't say the world WAS America at all. I was giving you context.

And that's good for you, I'm sure there are plenty of bad eggs in every part of the world, America included.

• AshleyWB
    Options
    I want more hospital maps
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

a headless guy would be cool. he could set his head down like the trapper sets traps and survey 360 around a FOV range. his head wouldn't have a terror radius and he could retrieve it at any time and throw it like a clown bottle....

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

Maybe Asian American though... that’d through that out the window

Yeah the Devs said he is based off on Alex, the manager of marketing something which he appears on stream. So 100% Asian, most likely Korean since he has a surname of Park, but the actor for the face model is Chinese so...

I think there are a hell lot of Spanish players, I ran into so many from twitch.tv and just normal players. heck even Ochido is spanish

some sort of indian, spanish would be nice for future DLC, then we have all the races

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Options
    I mean.. we do have a nurse AND doctor. So huntress and ... Hunter!

He would wear camo and have only a small, 16m TR and have no red stain.

His power would be to gain power from looking at scratch marks and trailing survivors. At each interval of his power meter, he would gain more power.

Things such as, higher skillcheck regression and smaller success zones.
    1%  increased movement speed
    10% increased vault and break speed

Once his power meter is fully charged, he will do 2x damage for one succesful attack. Then he will fill up the meter again but gain better versions of the mini perks.

If he fills up the meter 5 times, hegains perminant NOED type powers.

Perks

Keen Listening -
    When a survivor fails a skillcheck they are reveiled to for 3/4/5 seconds you and given a random status debuff for 25/35/45 seconds.
    Debuffs available
    -Exaustion
    -mangled
    -hemorage
    -blindness
    -Exposed

Assault and Murder
    Press the active ability button. Your next action within 10 seconds is done at 200% speed and your missed and successful attack cooldowns are decreased by 6/8/10% for 20 seconds.
    60/55/50 second cooldown

Maime
    When you hit a survivor, their action speed is decreased and time needed to be healed im incresed by 5/8/10% for the rest of the trial. Stacks up to 20/32/50%
    After achieving the maximum for a survivor, they also lose 1/1.5/2% running speed.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    I wouldn't mind a killer who could hook survivors and put a bubble around them on hook. You can put it on at any time, But it only last for 40 seconds.

If a survivor comes within 10 meters of the bubble (at a base), the bubble pops and hits anyone in the range, giving the killer a notification in them screaming, and leaving a sticky mess all over the survivors that hinders, slows, and makes skill checks on gens harder. 

Survivors need a channeled action to remove the "gum" and return to normal. Another survivor can also aim a flashlight at the gym and it burns off with 2 seconds of flashlight time.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

@Jack11803 said:

Okay? I didn't say the world WAS America at all. I was giving you context.

And that's good for you, I'm sure there are plenty of bad eggs in every part of the world, America included.

I never said you said that. I was just mentioning it

• Countfunkular
    Options
    Alright I'm getting some good ideas here.
    However I'm going to need some of you all to please leave Jake's race out of this and get back on topic please.
  • Countfunkular
    Options
    @Stagnance
    Okay that would be interesting but they would be one problem which is buildings and what not. Plus the power of couldn't function with stairs properly. It would be an interesting concept but he would just be a very mobile hillbilly that just moves Underground. Yes, pallets would probably not stop him but all a Survivor would need to do is just run up some stairs and jump off a ledge over and over Iron Works would be a living hell
  • Countfunkular
    Options
    @AshleyWB
    Okay interesting in concept but wouldn't that just be the Clown with a skill check attached to the power.
  • Countfunkular
    Options
    @fcc2014
    Okay now that I can get behind.
    Mostly due to the fact that grave diggers don't technically look human but mostly are. A shovel or a pickaxe for primarily shovel would be a pretty interesting melee weapon. It might have to be modified to be a bit shorter but it could still work.

However it can't have a built-in monitor or abuse because that would be overpowered with Monitor and abuse. What he needs is a power...
  • Countfunkular
    Options
    @M2Fream
    Alright that's interesting but you're going to need the nerve those perks but I understand if they're just tag on.

I like the idea since we do technically have a doctor and a nurse but his powers are bit broken. Especially if all you do is Chase down in Survivor because the only way to stop you from getting a permanent noed is just to stop moving and that would not be fun for both sides
  • Countfunkular
    Options
    @Dr_doom_j2
    Not bad what you want is a candy style killer. The hook is much more of a candy cane and they would basically use the gum too slow and hinder survivors on generators. To make matters worse it would probably slow down any other Survivor that might have touched that generator.

• Countfunkular
    Options
    Okay we're getting some good ideas so far all we need to do now is just decide what everyone basically wants to do. I'm open to a killer with 2 abilities instead of one like the doctor.
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options
    I hope it’s a nun for killer
    and an atheist of a survivor
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    @Dr_doom_j2
    Not bad what you want is a candy style killer. The hook is much more of a candy cane and they would basically use the gum too slow and hinder survivors on generators. To make matters worse it would probably slow down any other Survivor that might have touched that generator.

Pretty much. What I want Is a killer that can defend hooks without camping. Sort of give him a security to check gens and leave the person on the hook, without making it too op. Plus, it adds a function to flashlights that wasn't there before, which benefits the killer by reducing flashlight charges and also provides more interactions with flashlights.

I can also see him setting the gym to generators. Don't know if this is the most exciting or fun power, but it be interesting

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

Is there a redhead male in the game?
  • I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324
    Options

i would really like a cop or detective killer with a gangster or thug survivor (it could be the other way around honestly) and some abandoned city as the map

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    Options

i want some killer like an animal maybe a snake that can poison you, i know that wont happen but i want to

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    Options

i want some killer like an animal maybe a snake that can poison you, i know that wont happen but i want to see the poison effect in the game.

• Siggerad
    Siggerad Member Posts: 47
    Options

Killer a Samurai will be nice.

Survivor a Murican sailor.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Options
    It’s Ghostface isn’t it?

No, dum dum duuummm