The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is Freddy lunge attack so freaking insane?

I can't understand why Freddy have an absolute gamebreaking attack range, is there any plans of reducing it? He is making Wraith and Lvl3 Myers look like child's play.

This need to be done he is completely unfair above every killer.

Answers

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Is his lunge better than the normal killer lunge?

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Nope he's fine:) learn to read the signs when he uses his teleport ability. Good luck in your future games:D

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

It isn't his lunge that is bigger. His body model is smaller. So essentially there is a gap in-front of Freddy before his lunge. So he always appears to be lunging shorter than he really is.

• Efidepe
    Efidepe Member Posts: 19

I'm not talking about teleport in the question, it's just the lunge, and i tested with friends in matches, he have a longer one.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

He has a normal lunge.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Also as far as I know there's no plans.

He's fine as he is and no he's not op unlike nurse or hillbilly:D learn to counter him

• Efidepe

It's weird since legion is almost the same size and does NOT have this issue.

• Efidepe

u are being just "git gud" man, as i say...

{[("LUNGE, not his KIT")]}

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

every killer has the same lunge, even killers with 110% speed

• Jdsgames

Not everyone has time to circle jerk for the hour and religiously keep up with the dev streams. Their point is valid when animation to being hit doesn't line up or the killer is half a mile away from you and you get clipped it doesn't look/feel reasonable. It is extremely hard to visualize the range of these killers due to their size and small weapons.

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

He is an m1 killer with a normal lunge, and you can completely avoid his powers by staying awake.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

This has been an issue since his release, he has a normal lunge, but the devs never line up the animations, hag/legion has the same issue where it seems like they have an extended lunge it's "normal" for killers with a weapon but the animations don't match up correctly for shorter killers.

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

Fast and huge, he is nowhere close to lets say Legion, so that ¨he is smaller¨ excuse is not valid.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

He has the exact same numbers as any other killer.

The difference is that his extremely short weapon has the same range as trappers machete. They even stretch his claw during the attack animation to somewhat mitigate the visual dissonance.

Good thing no one has proposed the stupid idea to adjust short weapon killer range yet.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

He has the same lunge as every killer, he is just really small compared to other killers in his model imo he probably needs a better animation to make it not look so disproportionate cause he doesnt hold a weapon like other killers or have a giant claw he's just ######### slapping people with the same hit box as trappers machete lmao.

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174

He has a normal lunge but his lunge is deceptive in regard of the others.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

all killers except myers and nurse have the exact same lunge range however they have different models. So small killers with short weapons (like freddy) seem like they hit from further than they should where as big killers with long weapons hits look more accurate.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

His Lunge is normal. As its been said multiple times. All killers except for tier 1 and 3 Shape has the same lunge range regardless of their movement speed or weapon size.

You just need to learn to read the killer better and time your actions better mate.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

Only EW3 Myers has an increased lunge (God I love that one). Freddy's lunge looks weird because his weapon is short and they matched the animation to the actual hit box. So he has to cover the same distance with his Claws as the Trapper or Doctor with his long weapon. Nothing more.

• Efidepe

So actually there is not a single plan on fixing his weird animation then?

About Devlogs, guys, i am not a DBD religious, i can't see each one of them videos searching for it, i have other stuff to attend, don't get me wrong.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

It's cool man. Nobody is trying to get in the way of your My Little Pony time.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,066

I think it's less that his lunge needs changed and more that his attack animation needs updated to better reflect his hitbox, that way it reads better to the survivor and that they are not being made to feel they are hit by BS circumstances.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Every killer has the same lunge range.(excluding any powers like Pig's dash or Myers Tier 1/3)

The reason it might look odd is probably due to the animation and his height.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Normal lunge its just his weapon dosent match the apperance of the attack. This is due to his finger knifes being smaller then a billy hammer or a trappers machete which better represents the max range of a killer. You could mess with the weapon to make it longer but that might make Freddy's finger knifes look more like claws which would hurt his representation as the dream demon we know and love.

• Jdsgames

@Peanits is there anyway you can confirm internally that the lunges are the same? I feel it is the size and small weapon comparison myself. However, not sure if things changed from Old -> New Freddy. I know you guys can see hit boxes and things when testing and can check numbers directly.