Lobby Screens

CelineDion
CelineDion Member Posts: 3

I’ve been thinking about this for a while but never really brought it up much until now. I know this might sound picky but, The lobby screen as your waiting to play a match, was changed around when the saw DLC launched early 2018 and in my opinion hasn’t looked as great as how it was before then. The lighting from the fire with the shadows aren’t very realistic as they were before and the overall dark atmosphere really fit the game. Here are pictures of what I mean. (Before and after)

Comments

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Oh I agree. It's not just the lobby, either. The whole game has lost a lot of it's dark, eerie atmosphere. It's too bright now, I really wish they would change it back, or at the very least, darken it up and maybe add some more mist.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

Yeah.People were complaining that the game was too dark/not bright enough and most killers couldn't see and spot survivors you know who i'm talking about.Thats why they removed the moon bouquet because it messed with the maps lightning and it was impossible for killers to see anything.So they removed the whole dark and eerie atmosphere of the game.It really does suck but you can use filters to mess with your own game if you have an nvidia gpu.

• CelineDion
    CelineDion Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2019

Yes, for sure. I also find that certain textures on objects haven’t looked as good as they used to before the lighting changes. I would love for it to go back to how it was some day.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@grayon444

Killers complaining could have been part of the reason, but the official reason is because it had become too troublesome with the Engine Updates.

So they removed it so they wouldn't have to worry so much about having to balance the game with the Moon offerings.