Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Freddy Krueger Question?

How is it that Freddy keeps finding me no matter what I do? Let's say he pulls me into the dream state, but I manage to get far away from him without him seeing where I've gone. Somehow, he'll still find me even though I haven't left a trail, vaulted through any windows, cleansed any totems, tried fixing generators, the whole 9.

Comments

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

Freddy's power (Dream Demon) has a special trait while you're asleep: if you're outside of the terror radius, or heartbeat, of Freddy, he will be able to see you.

Freddy boasts a 24m terror radius on default, so if you're further than that range, he will be able to spot you and track you down.

It can be beneficial to stay a little closer to him while you attempt to wake up. Waking up will block his aura reading on you til you fall asleep again.

• Dex_Starr
    Dex_Starr Member Posts: 11

Wow, thanks. This whole time I've been trying to figure it out on my own. To no avail, of course lol.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

@Dex_Starr said:
    Wow, thanks. This whole time I've been trying to figure it out on my own. To no avail, of course lol.

No problem! If there's anything else you wanna know, don't hesitate to ask me.

You can also look at the wiki for the game, everything about the Killers is listed on their own seperate pages.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Its also a good habbit to brush up on some of the killers your fighting before going in since their mechanics have crucial weak points you need to exploit in order to survive. For instance the hags traps will not be triggered if you crouch walk to a location where a trap is.

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173

@Doom_Punk said:

@Dex_Starr said:

No problem! If there's anything else you wanna know, don't hesitate to ask me.

You can also look at the wiki for the game, everything about the Killers is listed on their own seperate pages.

And learning about common killer perks that help in the hunt (Example: Nurses Calling, BBQ & Chili, to a lesser extent Spies from the shadows and Territorial Imperative and a bunch other of the "Aura" reading perks)

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Perks#Killer_Perks_.2848.29

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Don't forget to go to the killer page and read their bio and powers to get a little familiar. If freddy finds you after he finds someone else that isn't right next to you he might have the add on classphoto. It allows freddy to see all other survivors while someone is in the dream transition.
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Zarathos said:

Its also a good habbit to brush up on some of the killers your fighting before going in since their mechanics have crucial weak points you need to exploit in order to survive. For instance the hags traps will not be triggered if you crouch walk to a location where a trap is.

^ true this ,just playing the killers to see how they work ,and how survivors combat it helps a lot. 

Also find other survivors that are awake to wake you up, or go fail a skill check. 

Honestly learn to use premonition , and when it triggers leave the area in the opposite directions. It works beautifully against stealth and invisible killers