So, survive with friends is getting rid of it's separate que...

Raven014
Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

This was probably the single biggest change that I noticed, probably because I think it's a dumb idea until SWFs are balanced. Having them as a separate que would've been better, since they are communicating between themselves, they should have a downside to compensate (maybe like permaruin or something similar). Now this would no longer be possible because you cannot implement those kind of changes...

I know there are more than a few reasons to welcome this change, ease of access being a big one, but I can't get over the fact that it'll just be even more unbalanced. Now, I'll just have to assume every game is against swfs... And it's not really going to be very fun on the killer side for the foreseeable future. (Then again I'm in high ranks, so maybe it's more balanced at low ranks?)

Then again, am I being too paranoid, or is this just going to make the whole toxic SWFs worse?

Comments

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2019

I mean depending on how the in-game friends list is gonna work. I can only imagine Steam Private Profiles x 1000% It is gonna give them easier access to the game and remain hidden.

• Raven014

Yep.

Although, I am speaking from Console, where it's much easier to invite people to talk to one another already.

• Raven014

Maybe, but then there's still the issue of SWFs having no downside to their communication advantage.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Are you really saying match making should be frustrating as a punishment for it being "op".

Running Insta Heals & Ebony mories should wipe all characters builds, bc frustration as punishment should be a thing lol

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

This particular thing with SWF won't be a huge deal. SWF is still unfair for Killers and this won't make them stronger. TBH comms is the only thing about SWF that makes them powerful and there is no way to get rid of that. They can be coordinated on voice chat and that's an edge that the Devs cannot get rid of.

The only real way to combat SWF is to make the Killers stronger. All Killers are good at 1v1 but not all of them are good at 1v4 and the Devs said they have to take certain steps before balancing the Killers to their level. It just can't get here fast enough because the more bad Killers they choose make the worse the game gets.

• Raven014

Maybe... but I still think that should be addressed... : /

Well, that would be ideal, but unlikely to happen...

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Incredibly unlikely to happen, yes.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

That isn't relevant to the change in any way, shape or form. It's a QOL change and nothing more. It's not like people go "nah I don't want to play SWF because of the constant re-inviting", I don't see how it will increase their frequency in any way. If anything it will speed up killer queues too as even 2mans will spend less time inviting and more time in queue.

And as said a million times actual punishments/handicaps to SWF won't happen, I'm sure the devs are aware it would be a complete waste of time that could ultimately be circumvented by just queuing at the same time if they're geographically and rank-wise close to eachother. Less of a power gap between solos and SWF and then buffing killers that need it is the only realistic way.

• Xelaranger
    Xelaranger Member Posts: 10

swf needs to be fixed because its not fair to killers is like me saying that killers shouldnt be able to use really nice head phones because hearing me crouch through walls. Happens so much it's not even funny but I play through it as a solo surv. Or that I should be able to stop my teammates from farming me or have a label telling me the killer will insta down and then face camp me. Killers have fair strengths and weakness including swf. I am sure you would not enjoy if they made a surv perk to make me invisible everytime I could die because I am a bad solo survivor, so realize please that there has to be a middlle ground.

• Mausinn
    Mausinn Member Posts: 14

If you really want to mess with SWF's, try this. When I run up against an obvious SWF group I just stand back and let them get the gens. When they hit all 5 I open the doors and let them exit. Yeah, I know they still get points, but only so much, and after a while, if the recognize your name they may just abandon the lobby because they get so little points. I don't chase, I don't hit and I don't hook. they get gen points and escape points and that's it. I know I don't get a bunch of points wither, but I also don't waste time chasing my arse off, I just move on to the next lobby. Rinse and repeat as needed. Hey, it works for me, and I avoid getting all worked up over SWF's.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

All they're doing is putting an invite friends button in the "Play Survivor" screen, instead of (confusingly) having two survivor screens where one has an invite button and one does not. It's not changing anything about how queues work.

This is one of those little UX improvements that the game needs about a thousand of.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

Because it's smart to punish your playerbase playing your own game and enjoying their lifes with it. Sure, if the devs do so they will actually not kill their game!

Congratios my friendo! cheers

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231

I have a feeling more toxic for all the killers at any rank 😖 I main the doc and it's gonna be difficult as hell to win while the swf are in ur match

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231

The only problem with that is u will end up losing pips and that sucks badly

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

Just dumb

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615
    edited August 2019

So they really are trying to close the gap between solos and SWF, just not in the way we thought.

Not by buffing solos, but to incentivize using SWF more and more.