Dead by Daylight Nostalgia 2016

Options

Hello fellow gamers, today I've come across with some very old screenshots which dated back in 2016. I wanted to show some of them and have a little bit of taste of nostalgia. Dead by Daylight has really changed over 3 years, Hope you guys enjoy!

I'm gonna start with the Flying Bug, it was one of the funniest bugs, I must admit.

Claudette's Asylum Clothing Glitch

and Finally Claudette is inside of some... things..

Moving on to the next one, Traps under hooks and def not camping the hatch.

(I wanted my 4 man mori achievement okay?!)

Dwight getting bullied, casually.

that backflip though.

Model Glitches

Okay, this model or texture glitch was actually scary 'cause back when people didn't have the Shape or decided to use the Black Splinter offering, instead of the Shape's model survivors were seeing the last used killer's model, so that we could see Evan's face.

Also can we take a moment and appreciate how friendly the old killers were? Like really?

The famous chainsaw bug like even survivors had it LOL.

Getting Stuck in the hook/exit gate

That's what you get for saboing dem hooks.

Lobby Bugs

The Hole Glitch (don't judge my perks, i didn't touch her after i prestiged)

Jake's Unmatched skin color with the Lunar New Year Shirt

OP trap placements for the Trapper

well, at least he tried.

Really long arms

The Ketchup Ace

Never forget the farming bots!

Old UI, Bloodweb and Hooks

Rank System has always been an issue for Dead by Daylight.

As a survivor main, i cannot say I have never abused infinites

The Old Steam Matchmaking

So one thing that I've been reallng missing is the old matchmaking, which you could just change your region on Steam to wherever you want. I used to play in Toronto (it's also where most of the people used to play too). I've had/made so many streamer friends, friends etc. Wish we could go back to those days, really missing sniping people and getting moried, it was so much fun. People didn't care about the ranks either, they were mostly playing for fun!

Either ways thank you guys, enjoy some funny shots below!

Also why does Nea look like a duck? I'm so glad they fixed her face.

The OG Main Menu *insert DbD theme here*

Thank you for amazing 3 years 💜

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

This was a really nice post, thanks!

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Imo this post should be pinned. It brings back to times that will never return. With all the downsides (infinites, Trapper impossible unhooks, facecamping [the real one], no cool down on successful attacks that hit the wall, several bugs and abuses) and yet the upsides (the darkness, atmosphere, old prestige skins, overall more fun game [also because everybody was more potato]).

Man, good times.

• elasticheart
    elasticheart Member Posts: 145
    Options

Thank you guys! I miss those days too :(

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,974
    Options

I almost miss Ketchup Ace and Jake's mismatch skin. :(

So many good memories in this post.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

The 13 survivors tho

But seeing all these screenshots... 🥺

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

Everything looked like a painting. It was beautiful. I'm sad I missed out on the earlier days.

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190
    Options

We should really have an option to switch back to the old lighting and have it be client side in case some players like to play with the current things. :/

• XAbbasX
    XAbbasX Member Posts: 55
    Options

I love the old perk section

• elasticheart
    elasticheart Member Posts: 145
    edited August 2019
    Options

I'm pretty sure we can't, it was included with the engine update.

Post edited by elasticheart on
  • ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

This post was amazing I wanna see more stuff like this instead of people complaining.

• ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368
    Options

Amazing Post!

• HorrorLover74
    HorrorLover74 Member Posts: 39
    Options

This was very beautiful, never really got to experience it like this but amazing post! 💙

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

Aww the good/bad old days :D it's changed so much ma poor baby dbd has grown so much

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696
    Options

Sucks the chainsaw bug wasn't around when ash came out, Killers woulda been in trouble lol. great post

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641
    Options

the flying bug is still current though rare.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
  • SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602
    Options

There's actually a video somewhere out there where you can go back to older versions/builds of the game. But obviously you can't play with anyone that's not on the same build.

• miniplayz01
    miniplayz01 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Didn't expirence 2016 dbd but still liked this post (•‿•)

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

Do you (or anyone) have pictures of all the old hooks? I remember reading that you could tell who the killer was by looking at the hooks. I'd love to see that.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

They were the same hooks you now see in different maps, except they weren't tied to the map but the killer. For example Wraith had the hooks that are now on Autohaven, Trapper the hooks in McMillan etc

• Hatty
    Hatty Member Posts: 121
    edited August 2019
    Options

Ah yes, the good ol times when no one knew how to play and it wasn't that competitive-toxic game at all

what went wrong?

probably balancing, because that made some people complain etc etc

for example, i loved playing against minigun myers (old Unrelenting + Save the best for last) and using it aswell, those were fun times

Still, it is undestandable that they had to change it, thus making people ask for more and more changes and well, it is a 100% competitive game now

my pc back then wasn't able to run DBD, so i had to use my brother's pc when he was sleeping

that was how i managed to get my legacy p1, playing from 6 am to 10am everyday, i miss those times :')

• Angelicus23
    Options

Can someone explain me why do I get a notification when anyone comments here but doesn't mention me

• Angelicus23
    Options

Oh yes that's the problem lmao, I didn't know I bookmarked it, my mistake, thanks

• Nescau_Fernando
    Nescau_Fernando Member Posts: 44
    Options

I remember back in the day Dwight was considered bad because of his perks. Turns out Bond was always a strong and fair perk. Sprint Burst, Self-Care, Botany Knowledge and Saboteur were just broken beyond belief.

I remember Billy being bottom tier because infinites and the sheer number of obstacles on the map.

I remember Nurse release day. Hexy (former SxyHxy) had orgasms on stream...LOL. And Nea was a considered a mediocre Survivor.

Remember how Trapper could keep dropping a downed Survivor directly in the bear trap? Remember double trap right below the hooked Survivor? Man, those were some trappy times.

Lots of good memories. Even looking back at some bad times, this was easily one of my most played games this gen.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Saving against a Trapper could turn randoms into SWAT teams. One to distract him, one to disarm the trap, while the last one does the save during the 5s disarm time. Trappers basement was an automatic nope though, RIP.

Back then, Iron Grasp allowed you to walk half the map straight to the basement. Which every killer did, Straight to the basement and proxycamp :D

There was no honor code back then. Looping infinites was normal. Facecamping expected. Old DS + Instaflashlights (omg, vietnam flashbacks). Sprintburst to infinite every goddamn single chase.

shudders glad things changed

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,974
    Options

LOL, yes, back when being a Nea or Dwight main was honestly just a bad choice. TBF, Bond was always considered really good, though not worth it since you could also just go for Empathy from Claudette and get 2 other amazing perks while you were at it. I suppose it was just Nea alone in the irredeemable bottom-tier.

The real problem with Dwight was that Bond was nearly impossible to get under the old perk system. All the Common/Uncommon/Rare perks were painful to unlock.

I never once saw Bond II in a bloodweb until after the rework.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited August 2019
    Options

I love the lighting in these screenshots it's not all uniform in brightness and there's some really cool looking atmospheres in those levels

I really wish they would bring that old lighting back. In particular the extreme fog at the end game screen that looks awesome. So much better then the pretty bland dark brown background that is in now