[Perk buff suggestion]: Slippery Meat

You have developed an efficient way to get out of Bear Traps and Hooks.

• Grants up to 1/2/3 extra escape attempts on the Hook.
  • The odds of freeing yourself from Bear Traps are increased by 15/20/25 %.
  • The speed of searching Jigsaw Boxes are increased by 15/20/25%.

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    I already don't like the idea of the perk being better against exactly one Killer.  I would rather not have it be better against exactly two.
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Pig is already weak. But yeah, the perk is useless because we have Deliverance

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

It just needs a whole rework honestly. Most modern perks outclass it (one in particular fills the niche it attempts to fill), and is too RNG based. Replacing it with a different functionality in general is probably a better approach.

• KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112

When someone suggests a reasonable buff to an underpowered perk: "Wont work", "Uselesss", "Way OP", "Doesnt Make Sense."

If the Dev's actually put the exact change in the next patch: "Great move!", "Finally!"

• TAG

When someone suggests a reasonable buff to an underpowered perk: "Wont work", "Uselesss", "Way OP", "Doesnt Make Sense."

If the Dev's actually put the exact change in the next patch: "Great move!", "Finally!"

I would not be happy if the devs did this exact thing.  And not because I main Pig.  I would feel the same way if Tinkerer was buffed to say "The speed of searching Jigsaw Boxes is decreased by 15/20/25%."
  • SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209

Lol, are you guys serious???
    I'm talking about a perk buff which is actualy weak. I'm not talking about nerfing the Pig. But i guess you guys cant make the difference. Ok so, if i'm following your logic, Calm Spirit is litteraly TOO op because it disable the entier Doctor power. But, who play Calm Spirit? Who play Slipery Meat? Uh? Nobody, that's right! Another thing. How it doesn't make sense? Remind me the name of this perk please. S L I P P E R Y M E A T. What make this buff senseless when you have to put your arms in a box trap, bleeding by shaking your arms and have a chance to find the right key.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Shad03 said:

Jigsaw boxes legitimately have nothing to do with traps, they hold the key to your salvation, but are not traps themselves. This buff would not make sense.

Reverse beartrap timers are increased by 10/20/30 seconds? 
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

@Broosmeister said:
    Shad03 said:

Jigsaw boxes legitimately have nothing to do with traps, they hold the key to your salvation, but are not traps themselves. This buff would not make sense.

NO, NO, NO. The timer is way too long already and you can barely get a Game Over with them.

• TAG

Lol, are you guys serious???
    I'm talking about a perk buff which is actualy weak. I'm not talking about nerfing the Pig. But i guess you guys cant make the difference. Ok so, if i'm following your logic, Calm Spirit is litteraly TOO op because it disable the entier Doctor power. But, who play Calm Spirit? Who play Slipery Meat? Uh? Nobody, that's right! Another thing. How it doesn't make sense? Remind me the name of this perk please. S L I P P E R Y M E A T. What make this buff senseless when you have to put your arms in a box trap, bleeding by shaking your arms and have a chance to find the right key.

I don't like things that are not Killer add-ons that still directly interact with a Killer's power.  As far as I am aware, the only thing that should augment a specific Killer's power is that Killer's add-ons.
  • SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209

@Broosmeister said:

RBT is 2minutes and 30 secs. No need to expand it

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2019

I would rather Slippery Meat alter the way you can be grabbed from things. Maybe you get 1/2/3 tokens and everytime the killer would have grabbed you from a gen or from a locker or something, instead you break the grab and lose a token. Though it should drop you to injured state if you were healthy. Kind of like DS but for grabs, and without a stun to the killer (or maybe a super short one just so they can't spam attack).

That would make it a hard counter to Scratched Mirror Myers and Prayer Bead Spirit. It'd also let you commit to things where you would otherwise just get grabbed. Also you could bait grabs, like if the killer is face camping or something.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@thesuicidefox said:
    I would rather Slippery Meat alter the way you can be grabbed from things. Maybe you get 1/2/3 tokens and everytime the killer would have grabbed you from a gen from a locker or something, instead you break the grab and lose a token. Though it should drop you to injured state if you were healthy. Kind of like DS but for grabs, and without a stun to the killer (or maybe a super short one just so they can't spam attack).

This is already a feature built into the game. This known as the anti grab bug. Seriously [Bad Word] that bug because I can't grab ANYONE.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281

@Broosmeister said:

RBT is 2minutes and 30 secs. No need to expand it

I know, but maybe that is a bigger reason to run slippery meat instead of quicker jigsaw box searches.
  • TAG

@thesuicidefox said:
    I would rather Slippery Meat alter the way you can be grabbed from things. Maybe you get 1/2/3 tokens and everytime the killer would have grabbed you from a gen or from a locker or something, instead you break the grab and lose a token. Though it should drop you to injured state if you were healthy. Kind of like DS but for grabs, and without a stun to the killer (or maybe a super short one just so they can't spam attack).

That would make it a hard counter to Scratched Mirror Myers and Prayer Bead Spirit. It'd also let you commit to things where you would otherwise just get grabbed. Also you could bait grabs, like if the killer is face camping or something.

This sounds like it's just turning a bug into a feature.

...I like it. Would the Survivor still be picked up first before they break free, or is the entire grab just completely negated?

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

How about make it to where the pickup animation is 2 seconds longer if they have this perk?

Better for flash saves?

• thesuicidefox

@Shad03 said:
    This is already a feature built into the game. This known as the anti grab bug. Seriously [Bad Word] that bug because I can't grab ANYONE.

The grab bug needs to be fixed, but it doesn't mean we can't have an anti-grab perk.

@TAG said:
    ...I like it. Would the Survivor still be picked up first before they break free, or is the entire grab just completely negated?

I imagine it would be something like the grab starts, then the survivor maybe elbows the killer for a VERY BRIEF stun and then continues vaulting or just breaks free of the grab. The stun is only there so killers can't spam attack and hit them anyway. As for lockers maybe the survivor just kind of pushes the killer and is now free of the locker to run.

• GhostfaceneedaNerf
    GhostfaceneedaNerf Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2019

they are traps, since can be used to hunt survivors by tunneling this traps, that have your hands trapped inside, the Pig trap its not only the bomb but a whole system for what you have to go to that trap boxes that will cut your hands and make you scream and giving away your position to the killer, that boxes are part of the system to trap the survivor and denie it its silly.

The whole franchise of saw movies its about a killer that set traps. The lvl of delusional you are reaching to protect your killer its epic, i know the Pig suffered a big nerf with that bomb traps not exploding in the head of survivor at the exit gates, but the Pig traps are traps, same than Hag traps, Freddy traps, Trapper traps, Felix from Re:Zero anime or Astolfo from Fate. All them are traps and if you dont take care you will fall in that traps.

The pig its another killer that use traps to kill and what not make sense its having a skill to survive to traps and it dosnt seems afect to Freddy, Hag, or the Pig but only the Trapper, thats an obvious case of a perk that got outdated since only the Trapper set traps on that time, but now lots of killers use traps and that perk must be buffed.

• Shad03

@GhostfaceneedaNerf

Normally I would ignore people like you due to you having such a joke name, but I wanna let you know Pig is not my main, do I care if a already weak killer gets even weaker? Sure, but I don't care about her enough to be delusional about whenever there is a perk to counter her.

However, the Traps the Pig uses is the one she places on your head. The Jigsaw Boxes themselves aren't necessarily traps, they are a minigame. I would've taken you more seriously even with your name if you just haven't went to joking in your comment.

But let me reiterate, the Jigsaw Boxes have dangerous sharp holes you must stick your hand in and if you mess up, you get a cut. It would make more sense that you want to be as slow as possible to avoid cutting yourself up more then you already would. They aren't traps, they are something used to get traps off your head.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited August 2019

No, please, no

No more indirect nerfs to Pig and it's already ridiculously easy to escape from a Bear Trap. If I had a dollar for the amount of times I as a survivor or seen survivors get out on their first try or second, I could buy a boatload of auric cells.

A 25% escape chance would ensure Trapper would always have to run Honing Stone if Small Game became popular. Which while unlikely considering the four meta perks are set in stone, it's still a perk that would hard counter his entire power

• GhostfaceneedaNerf
    edited August 2019

i play killer and survivor and i agree pig its useless now, but not less than this perk. Buffing a survivor perk its not a Nerf to the killer, you can still buff the pig, or do a full re-work like they did with Freddy or make survivors die instantanely if the Pig look at them if you want, i dont care and i m not talking about the pig.

I m talking about a perk, and if a killer like the pig its in a very bad position now, and would be even worst by fixing this perk, just buff that killer lol its well know The Pig its yet the most weak killer on the game, i dont have any problem with it being buffed or reworked, but being your killer weak its not an excuse to leave a perk outdated and in a totally useless state, in fact re-working this perk would be the perfect excuse to buff the Pig, but not reworking this perk means Devs will not accept the Pig its a weak killer and they will not look on it.

Leaving this perk in a useless state also open the doors to "leaves things in a useless state" politic, what would cause Devs leave the pig in her actual useless state, so you are actually not helping your killer by saying that everything should stay as it is now.

• GhostfaceneedaNerf
    edited August 2019

I repeat you yes they are traps, The pig its a traps playstyle killer, the whole franchise of movies of Saw are about the diferent traps the killer use, and that boxes are part of the trap, and are also traps by theirself because you have your hands trapped inside, because they hurt you and make you bleed like traps do, and when you scream you give away your position to the killer, so they are traps to spot you and kill you, with a small chance to find the key wich is totally irrelevant since even Trapper traps have that small chance to escape of the trap.

Also dont juzgue ppl for their name, better look on my steam profile and the hours i played this game. And about ghost face i just want say its a p2w killer that wasnt releassed with a counter survivor in the DLC, so has no counter, and if struggle at rank 1 its something no one cares cuz ppl that pay for p2w items or chars just care about win 100 matches downranking on prupose, they dont want to be a free to play nurse that sufer agony during 3 prestiges and 20 ranks to be OP, they pay to get easy kills, and thats why ghost face being a very uncharismatic killer its getting sold so well, ghost face works perfectly to that p2w function, and needs a nerf because p2w its something i dont want in my game and ruin the whole game just because few kids want pay to onshot low lvl survivors, its a silly business model and the best way to kill your own game.

What you are doing here its like see the movie of saw and when the girl its tied to the chair, with a bomb-bear trap in the head, you say the chair its not a trap cuz....its a chair...and the bomb its not a trap cuz...its a bomb lol go tell that to the girl suffering it lmao

• GhostfaceneedaNerf

I repeat you yes they are traps, The pig its a traps playstyle killer, the whole franchise of movies of Saw are about the diferent traps the killer use, and that boxes are part of the trap, and are also traps by theirself because you have your hands trapped inside, because they hurt you and make you bleed like traps do, and when you scream you give away your position to the killer, so they are traps to spot you and kill you, with a small chance to find the key wich is totally irrelevant since even Trapper traps have that small chance to escape of the trap.

Also dont juzgue ppl for their name, better look on my steam profile and the hours i played this game. And about ghost face i just want say its a p2w killer that wasnt releassed with a counter survivor in the DLC, so has no counter, and if struggle at rank 1 its something no one cares cuz ppl that pay for p2w items or chars just care about win 100 matches downranking on prupose, they dont want to be a free to play nurse that sufer agony during 3 prestiges and 20 ranks to be OP, they pay to get easy kills, and thats why ghost face being a very uncharismatic killer its getting sold so well, and it needs a nerf because p2w its something i dont want in my game and ruin the whole game just because few kids want pay to onshot low lvl survivors, its a silly bussyness model and the best way to kill your own game.

What you are doing here its like see the movie of saw and when the girl its tied to the chair, with a bomb-bear trap in the head, you say the chair its not a trap cuz....its a chair...and the bomb its not a trap cuz...its a bomb lol go tell that to the girl suffering it lmao

• Shad03

@GhostfaceneedaNerf Lemme break this up so I can specifically answer parts of your argument, couldn't do it earlier since I had been on my phone.

I won't even get into how bad your grammar is. You're welcome.

"I repeat you yes they are traps, The pig its a traps playstyle killer,"

The Reverse Bear Traps maybe. And the main function of the Boxes is to free yourself of the trap. It's a solution to the problem and won't actually kill you on it's own.

"the whole franchise of movies of Saw are about the diferent traps the killer use, and that boxes are part of the trap,"

The boxes seen in game never appeared in the movies, and if this were like the movies then the Pig would have a 100% kill rate, as she never fights fair.

"and are also traps by theirself because you have your hands trapped inside, because they hurt you and make you bleed like traps do, and when you scream you give away your position to the killer"

They don't bring you down a healthstate nor are you actually stuck. If you'veplayed the game at all you would know this. The bleeding is only temporary and you don't scream unless you fail a skill check.

"so they are traps to spot you and kill you, with a small chance to find the key"

The boxes are just there to make a visual representation of a survivor having a chance, a good survivor could easily do the boxes without getting found via missed skill checks.

"wich is totally irrelevant since even Trapper traps have that small chance to escape of the trap."

Unlike the Pig's RBT, you can manually free yourself from Bear Traps set by the Trapper. And unlike the Trapper, the Pig's Traps have one definitive box that always has the key for every trap placed on your head, it's just your luck if you find the right box.

TL;DR

The Pig's trap is the one placed on your head, without the boxes it can't be removed, but the boxes themselves are not traps, they are solutions to a trap granted by the Entity.

A single Reverse Bear Trap will always have a definitive Box to go with it. It's a 1/4 chance YOU find the box, not a 1/4 chance that the box you search will have the key (meaning that the box can either be the closest one to you, or the furthest one once the bear trap is on).

This is different from the Trapper as there will always be a chance to free yourself or be freed by others.

• thesuicidefox

Necrothread why?

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

I tell you what, I would have loved this buff the other day when a pig had double gears and I died to a trap 4 minutes into the game.

• Dreadnight
    Dreadnight Member Posts: 125

Its not too much but my suggestion is:

Slipery meat:

• Grants the next 3/4/5 escape on the Hook has not penalty.
    • The odds of freeing yourself from Bear Traps are increased by 15/20/25 %.

With this change, survivors could take extra escapes without fear of lost progression on the hook.

PD: Sorry for my english.

• GhostfaceneedaNerf
    edited August 2019

i couldnt care less about grammar since its not my mother language and i lived a long time in Scottland and no one was a jerk to me or complain about it like you do now, instead they cheered me up for talk 3 diferent languages withouth problems, not to mention many young ppl from UK talk worst than me through movile messages. Now about your arguments:

1."The Reverse Bear Traps maybe. And the main function of the Boxes is to free yourself of the trap. It's a solution to the problem and won't actually kill you on it's own":

That a plain fallacy, this traps are not a solution, a killer its there to kill you, not to save you,(well maybe in the movie wanted save you, but no one in this game do) The traps function its not kill, but trap, thats why are called traps, but even with that, they hurt you, they make you lose time and they can get you killed in atleast 4 ways: cutting your hands to make you scream and spot you, same than Trapper traps do, since you cant waste time healing you will leave lots of blood and get spotted again, just dont giving you the key and making the bomb explode, and last making the laugh sound to spot you while you have your hands trapped. Its not a solution to the problem, it could be before end of the world patch, but now pigs only use the bear traps to force you go to the box traps, so they can spot you and kill you, in fact bear traps dont even explode at the exit gates anymore, so they are even less of a trap than the box since they dont even trap you

2."The boxes seen in game never appeared in the movies":

It dosnt matter the box are not in the movies, the traps of the movies not being in the game its irrelevant, the important thing in the movies you see ppl die through diferent random crazzy traps, they could be a box that cut your hands or a bear trap, or a shotgun that only make noise, or a bird with a bomb inside, no matter if they dont look like a trap, they are traps to kill and this game copied that lore perfectly.

3."They don't bring you down a healthstate nor are you actually stuck. If you'veplayed the game at all you would know this. The bleeding is only temporary and you don't scream unless you fail a skill check.":

Another fallacy, they bring you down x2 health states if the killer use the grab, its basically an insta hook trap, the bleeding its ALWAYS temporary, and fail an skill check its a cuestion of stadistic, if you think being very good will make you never fail an skillcheck, then you never studied maths at school. If you ever played this game you would know only a friendly noob pig before "end of the world" patch would let you play with the boxes, any pig that want make a kill will inmediatly go in stealth mode, follow your bleeding and insta down you at the box trap, if want achive a kill withouth end infinite pallet looped like a noob.

4."The boxes are just there to make a visual representation of a survivor having a chance":

If you think that you should be the worst pig killer on the game, just because you dont know how to use them to insta down survivors dosnt mean they are useless, if you want learn how to do it just read point 3.

5."Unlike the Pig's RBT, you can manually free yourself from Bear Traps set by the Trapper. And unlike the Trapper, the Pig's Traps have one definitive box that always has the key for every trap placed on your head, it's just your luck if you find the right box.":

i dont see the diference, in bobth case its a question of luck you manage to manually free yourself, with the trapper traps or the pig ones, in all case the pig ones are more elaborated traps and harder to get free yourself, something you cant do withouth the boxes cuz are part of the trap.

6."The Pig's trap is the one placed on your head, without the boxes it can't be removed, but the boxes themselves are not traps, they are solutions to a trap granted by the Entity."

No they are not, in the movie the traps from jigsaw had a chance to free yourself because he say, you can free yourself through suffer (through suffer his traps), that was his philosophy, its nothing of a solution, watch the movies again, its a soul salvation through enduring, idk if here the entity grants it, but in the movies was jigsaw the one granting liberation through pain, wich is a twisted logic and thats why police wanted jail him, because if you suffered yet the pain and maybe cutted your hands, the soul liberation its worthless.

Also as you has stated you cant free yourself withouth that box, meanning they wouldnt leave you escape withouth that boxes so wouldnt work like the trapper traps, but since they are there, you can free yourself same like with the trapper, wich means they are part of the trap, and they are basically WHAT ITS KEEPING YOU TRAPPED, so they are traps, also trapper traps always have a chance to free yourself, specially with "slippery meat" perk wich still dont make sense only afects to him but not the pig, the hag, or the new freddy, because the perk lore its about being hard to get catched on a trap, and if dosnt help you with the boxes, then its not DOING HIS FUNCTION properly.

• Shad03

@GhostfaceneedaNerf

I wasn't gonna answer, since I knew you wouldn't get the point, but this is in fact my last reply to you on this thread.

First off, I know several people who don't have English as their mother tongue, and they have better grammar, but that wasn't a legitimate point I was making, I could write an essay on your mistakes but that would be going too far.

Now this is going to be a dozy, but as my last reply it'll not matter how long it is. I hope this will get past your thick skull.

1."The Reverse Bear Traps maybe. And the main function of the Boxes is to free yourself of the trap. It's a solution to the problem and won't actually kill you on it's own":

"That a plain fallacy, this traps are not a solution, a killer its there to kill you, not to save you,(well maybe in the movie wanted save you, but no one in this game do)"

Misuse of the word Fallacy, since I clearly stated that the ENTITY made the boxes.

"The traps function its not kill, but trap, thats why are called traps, but even with that, they hurt you, they make you lose time"

The boxes aren't [Bad Word] traps. There is no time limit in the game, disregarding the other survivors being hunted, so until the timer starts on the RBT, you have all the time in the world. The RBT was made to kill, both in the game and in the movie.

"and they can get you killed in atleast 4 ways: cutting your hands to make you scream and spot you, same than Trapper traps do, since you cant waste time healing you will leave lots of blood and get spotted again, just dont giving you the key and making the bomb explode, and last making the laugh sound to spot you while you have your hands trapped."

The wrist cut doesn't actually do anything, holy hell how many times do I have to say it? And UNLESS the killer is a tunneler or happens to be in the immediate area, that is useless. Trapper's traps is a sudden SNAP sound, so even if survivors don't scream, the trap will make a sound to alert the Trapper. And you can 'waste time' healing if the trap isn't even active. The RBT isn't a bomb niether. It's a trap that rips your jaw apart.

The laugh sound happens if the box doesn't have the key, which means by thst time you are free to move, like you were able to any time.

"Its not a solution to the problem, it could be before end of the world patch,"

It's the Entity's solution to having a damned active trap on your head. Also it's Endgame Collapse, you illiterate.... Lovely person.

"but now pigs only use the bear traps to force you go to the box traps, so they can spot you and kill you,"

This implies the Pig was tunneling you

"in fact bear traps dont even explode at the exit gates anymore, so they are even less of a trap than the box since they dont even trap you"

For balance reasons of course the traps aren't active if they are put on once the last generator was done. But they are still a trap whether or not they are active.

2."The boxes seen in game never appeared in the movies":

"It dosnt matter the box are not in the movies, the traps of the movies not being in the game its irrelevant,"

It does matter, and it is relevant. Since the Pig (Amanda) was taken straight from the movie, it's canon to Dead by Daylight.

"the important thing in the movies you see ppl die through diferent random crazy traps, they could be a box that cut your hands or a bear trap, or a shotgun that only make noise, or a bird with a bomb inside, no matter if they dont look like a trap, they are traps to kill and this game copied that lore perfectly."

The only difference is, Amanda, who is in fact the Pig killer that we play, rigs her games to be UNBEATABLE, as in, even if you did everything right, you would die. So by your own logic, no, the game didn't copy the lore perfectly.

3."They don't bring you down a healthstate nor are you actually stuck. If you'veplayed the game at all you would know this. The bleeding is only temporary and you don't scream unless you fail a skill check.":

"Another fallacy, they bring you down x2 health states if the killer use the grab,"

Another misuse of the word, as I am 100% correct in this instance. You are ASSUMING the killer will follow the one person who shouldn't be doing gens and was hooked previously. So no, it doesn't bring you down a healthstate or two normally.

"its basically an insta hook trap, the bleeding its ALWAYS temporary, and fail an skill check its a cuestion of stadistic,"

Failing a skillcheck does not hurt you, just makes the killer aware you are finding a key.

"if you think being very good will make you never fail an skillcheck, then you never studied maths at school."

I'm a mediocre survivor. But I don't need a degree in rocket science to know how to hit a good or great skillcheck. Over the course of my survivor gameplays I've rarely missed a good skill check when trying to get a trap off my head.

"If you ever played this game you would know only a friendly noob pig before "end of the world""

Endgame Collapse.

"patch would let you play with the boxes, any pig that want make a kill will inmediatly go in stealth mode, follow your bleeding and insta down you at the box trap, if want achive a kill withouth end infinite pallet looped like a noob."

Not all killers are complete and utter [Bad Word]holes like you.

4."The boxes are just there to make a visual representation of a survivor having a chance":

"If you think that you should be the worst pig killer on the game, just because you dont know how to use them to insta down survivors dosnt mean they are useless, if you want learn how to do it just read point 3."

Dude, I've already stated that I am not a Pig Main. I might very well be the wost Pig Player in the game, but that doesn't disregard my point that only [Bad Word]holes or complete and utter noobs go for the one person who's life is on the line when they could go for literally anyone else.

5."Unlike the Pig's RBT, you can manually free yourself from Bear Traps set by the Trapper. And unlike the Trapper, the Pig's Traps have one definitive box that always has the key for every trap placed on your head, it's just your luck if you find the right box.":

"i dont see the diference, in bobth case its a question of luck you manage to manually free yourself, with the trapper traps or the pig ones, in all case the pig ones are more elaborated traps and harder to get free yourself, something you cant do withouth the boxes cuz are part of the trap."

The difference, my poor friend, is that RBT keys are set in stone which Box has the key. The luck isn't based on which box has the key, it'sbased on if YOU happen to have found the right box, while the Trapper's Trap is PURE luck whether you get out or not. One has a definite solution, the other doesn't. That, and with the Trapper you are actually stuck in place while if you are searching a box and you see the Pig coming for you, you can freely stop checking the box. Meaning you aren't trapped in place.

6."The Pig's trap is the one placed on your head, without the boxes it can't be removed, but the boxes themselves are not traps, they are solutions to a trap granted by the Entity."

"they are not, in the movie the traps from jigaw had a chance to free yourself because he say, you can free yourself through suffer (through suffer his traps),"

You forgot one key detail, can you guess what that is?

Mhm. That is JOHN we are talking about, John, the first Jigsaw.

The one who, in his sick twisted way, wants people to appreciate life.

AMANDA is the killer we are playing as, and she never gives her victims a fair chance.

"that was his philosophy, its nothing of a solution, watch the movies again, its a soul salvation through enduring,"

His philosophy, not Amanda's. Please tell me you aren't completely brain dead.

"idk if here the entity grants it, but in the movies was jigsaw the one granting liberation through pain, wich is a twisted logic and thats why police wanted jail him, because if you suffered yet the pain and maybe cutted your hands, the soul liberation its worthless."

It was the Entity who created the boxes as a means of giving survivors the chance to not die, and thus give them hope. If it were up to Amanda, none of the survivors would ever get to live. But it's not up to her, and that's why the survivors have a chance to live.

"Also as you has stated you cant free yourself withouth that box, meanning they wouldnt leave you escape withouth that boxes so wouldnt work like the trapper traps,"

Except the difference is you can let go of the interaction button, and as you stated yourself, if placed once the Final Generator, the traps are useless and therefore you don't need to remove it.

"but since they are there, you can free yourself same like with the trapper, wich means they are part of the trap,"

They aren't controllable though. You can control when a trap is put on, but you can't decide which box has the key. As stated before, the boxes are just a solution that was presented when asked how to remove the RBTs.

"and they are basically WHAT ITS KEEPING YOU TRAPPED, so they are traps, also trapper traps always have a chance to free yourself,"

No to that first half, as you CAN stop searching and just walk away before finishing the box. By that logic the item chests are also traps.

The difference between a Jigsaw Box and the Trapper's traps, is that you can always stop searching and it won't hurt you ON IT'S OWN, while the Trapper's Traps WILL KEEP YOU IN PLACE until you are grabbed or freed by any means.

"specially with "slippery meat" perk wich still dont make sense only afects to him"

Trap your arm in something that you can slide in easily, but not out as much. Then cover your trapped arm in something slippery and then try pulling out. Tell me what happens.

"but not the pig,"

The boxes are said to slit your wrists with sudden movement. It would be counter productiveto cause injury to yourself when safe then sorry is key.

"the hag, or the new freddy"

Now you're just reaching at straws here. If you truly don't see how moronic that statement is, then I'm glad this is my last reply.

"because the perk lore its about being hard to get catched on a trap,"

It's actually how much more easier it is to escape, not to avoid getting caught. It's counter productive to slit your wrists more when searching a box.

"and if dosnt help you with the boxes, then its DOING HIS FUNCTION properly."

?????????? I think you meant it's not doing it'sfunction properly, in which case you are wrong.

Now a better buff for Slippery meat would be to make the Wiggle Meter fill up faster when grabbed, as that would make more sense. Sorta make it a counter to Iron Grasp.

• GhostfaceneedaNerf
    edited August 2019

I couldnt care less about my grammar since its not my mother language, and i lived a long time in Scottland and ppl wasnt a jerk or complain about it like you do now, plus many young ppl in UK writte a lot worst than me through mobile phone messages, so yeah...i couldnt care less, specially because they cheered me up for speak 3 languages and work like the best of them so thats the important thing. Now leaving behind the grammar nazis and insults, lets go about your arguments:

Thats a plain fallacy, bear traps are more irrelevant than never since end of the world they dont explode in the exit and dont keep you "trapped". The boxes in the opposite can get you killed atleast in 4 ways: Denie the key and make the bomb explode, make the laugh sound and spot you, stop you from healing to make you bleed and spot you through your bleeding, getting catch on the trap and insta hooked. They are traps, its what keep you trapped, withouth them you would insta die or insta free yourself, the only reasson you are trapped its cuz the box, they are not a solution, THE KEY ITS THE BAIT NOT THE SOLUTION, you can actually do engines and escape with a bear trap in your head and if the killer its next to you the timmer will stop.

2"The boxes seen in game never appeared in the movies".

If they are in the movie or not its irrelevant, the movies are about ppl dying to crazzy traps, it could be a bird with a bomb inside(in that case you sure say the bird isnt a trap right ? but a bird...) it could be a shotgun that make noise instead of shot to make the killer find you, or whatever, in all case the game captured the essence of the weird crazzy traps with that boxes and bear traps, withouth the boxes you wouldnt have the feeling of have to escape to diferent traps.

Thats another fallacy, You have your hands trapped, if you get scared and try run they will cut you and you will scream, and they will slow down your escape, they bring you down x2 health state when killer use the grab, if you think being good will allow you to never fail an skill check then you never studied stadistic or maths at the school, if you ever played this game you will know you scream when fail skillcheck or the pig spawn behind you and you force the disengage with the box so thats 2 situations not 1, as you can see you are full of lies and half-trues.

Only a noob/friendly pig would let you play with the boxes after "end of the world" patch, if you would play as pig atleast 2 or 3 times, you would knew the most easy way to do the first kill its get in stealth mode, follow the bleeding of the survivor(the bear trap only works for that, to keep them away from healing) , and then use the box trap to insta down the survivor, being the bear trap an useless tool that you need just to do that, and since end of the world, kill the first survivor asap its a priority, so you better learn to do this soon as possible or trust your bear traps and get tea bagged at the exit doors by survivors with your bear traps as hats in their heads.

4."The boxes are just there to make a visual representation of a survivor having a chance, a good survivor could easily do the boxes without getting found via missed skill checks"

If you trully belive that then you should be the worst Pig killer in the game, Its basically an insta hook trap, just because you dont know how to use them to insta down survivors dosnt mean they are useless. If you want learn to instadown survivors with the box trap, just read point 3.

I dont see the diference its cuestion of luck in both case that you free yourself from trapper or the pig in time, just the pig ones are more elaborated traps and have more mechanism to slow you down while trpper ones are more easy to "place and forget". In both case you free yourself manually, depends of trapper add ons you will will have more luck or less, and with the pig depends of the box you will have more luck or less.

In the movies was Jigsaw the one giving the chance of salvation through pain no the entity, so again its not true what you say, maybe in the game its the entitiy, but in the movies was Jigsaw twisted logic about find "salvation through pain", and it was a twisted logic because if you pass through pain first then your soul salvation its worthless, and thats why he was a psychokiller and police wanted jail him, otherwise he would be claimed as a hero that saves ppl.

You also seems totally unaware of how Pig main killers are complainning bear traps are absolutly useless, actually box traps its you best way to oneshot survivors by grabbing them, they are not a solution but an elaborated trap, for ppl who thinks like you, the key its not your freedom but a bait, bear traps dont trap survivors anymore, but box traps do.

PS:As you can see you dont understand how to use box traps, you dont know how to play pig, and probably all survivors will escape from you with your beloved bear traps in the head, and they will go through the exit laughing at you, because you are a full of lies and half-trues that you belive yourself, you wasted a lot of time writting a bunch of crap, that only make things worst for the Pig since the mayor complain of Main killers PIg its bear traps being useless after "end of the world" patch, so next time plz talk about the topic wich is slippery meat perk, and try dont talk about what you dont know, and specially dont tell how to play to this who actually know how to do it, or just dont talk at all about what you dont understand.

• GhostfaceneedaNerf
    edited August 2019

i m sorry but i m not going bother on read that bunch of crap from a grammar Nazi likes you, who think insulting my grammar will makes your arguments better, you dont know how to use the boxes (wich is laughable) and you are making worst the problem for the Pig since you seems totally unware the bear traps are usless nowdays, so there is no point argue more with you, you are delusional and trying to denie my arguments but the point was protect the pig from a "slippery meat" buff and since you dont seems understand the problem for the pig with the useless bear traps and the relationship with "end of the world" patch, or how to use the box traps, so honeslty not point answer you more, cya and GL with that noob mentallity about the key being salvation and not a bait, you will fail as killer and as survivor if you keep like that, not that i care tbh, i m not here to teach you play or be your babysitter. Learn the game or unninstall, not my problem.

PS: As you can see i express myself perfectly and you understand me, so no problem with my grammar, not that you have an amazing speech too, you seems the usual internet hater that get lost in his own arguments and making worst the problem that tryed to solve, so i just can laugh about your arrogant kid attitud.

• GhostfaceneedaNerf

Also dont juzgue ppl for their name, better look on my steam profile and the hours i played this game. And about ghost face i just want say its a p2w killer that wasnt releassed with a counter survivor in the DLC, so has no counter, and if struggle at rank 1 its something no one cares cuz ppl that pay for p2w items or chars just care about win 100 matches downranking on prupose, they dont want to be a free to play nurse that sufer agony during 3 prestiges and 20 ranks to be OP, they pay to get easy kills, and thats why ghost face being a very uncharismatic killer its getting sold so well, ghost face works perfectly to that p2w function, and needs a nerf because p2w its something i dont want in my game and ruin the whole game just because few kids want pay to onshot low lvl survivors, its a silly bussyness model and the best way to kill your own game.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

######### is up with these old ass necros.

@Peanits can we close it.

• AWesley91
    AWesley91 Member Posts: 151

The perk currently is really garbage. If they buffed your attempt numbers and the odds of success it might be worth using even without luck offerings.

Killer mains should be happy if more perks become good. Then it can stop being the same few perks every game survivors use.

This discussion has been closed.