Remove Ranked.

Hear me out..?

How many matches were you in where this happens:

Rank 11 (You)

Rank 20 (Newbie)

Rank 20 (Newbie)

Rank 20 (Newbie)

Killer Rank 1 (Prestige 3)

If Match making is this broken. Then the Color and Numbers are meaning less in this god awful Rank System.

So remove it if you aren't gunna fix it.

Cause I bet you 100% that there are more rank 11's than newbies at this point.

Comments

• LuluTheLion13
    LuluTheLion13 Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2019

This sort of happened to me. I am rank 4 survivor. And I got teamed up with a rank 10. A rank 8. And a rank 15. Against a rank 1 killer. What is the point??? I ended up escaping through the hatch with 1 gen done. Which was the gen I did myself !!!!

• tavdogg11
    tavdogg11 Member Posts: 59

I believe dedicated servers will help with this. If not then they should add a separate casual mode instead, so killers and survivors don't have to worry about ranks when they are playing casual, and new modes could be added, including mutiple killers in one match (as a option, and into two killers and more than 4 survivors) if they think about it.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,065

It keeps happening to me, I just don't get why it doesn't prefer a higher rank killer instead of this high level griefing newbie killers.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

With alot of things broken in this game... I doubt it.

• IAmFlownominal
    IAmFlownominal Member Posts: 16

I always thought a casual mode would be a good balance out to SWF. Ranked queue being solo only and casual play allowing teams. Problem with this though, is it splits the player base. I know most good killers would love to never see a SWF team again, and the toxic survivor teams will scare away less capable/newer killers. Effectively breaking both queues. Ranked having to many killers, and casual not enough of them.

Disregarding all of this though, what would the draw be to pick one mode over the other. If the rewards are the same there's no real point in any of this. There would have to be different incentives to draw people into either mode.

• inutilem
    inutilem Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2019

Would be nice if the ranking system was just done away with at this point. The game already mixes player's ranks up so much these days that it really does feel like ranks are no longer needed.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I've never witnessed a match as extreme as what the topic creator described, but a lot of the worst matchmaking lopsidedness is due to SWF teams with players of very different ranks.

The best way to handle this, outside of implementing rank range restrictions for parties, is to always base the killer's rank on the top-ranked survivor player in the group.