If you could only run one survivor perk the rest of your time playing, what would it be and why

QuickStiQz
QuickStiQz Member Posts: 194
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

Comments

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

If best means as in all around effictiveness, and strength, then its definetely still Decisive Strike. No other perk can give you a flat 60 seconds immunity. It becomes even stronger if everyone in the team uses it, as it can still be a huge momentum-stopper.

Sure, it can be countered by slugging, but if you add unbreakable, or if someone picks you up, the killer gained nothing from downing you again.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Spine chill, it is one of he most versatile avoidance/info gathering perk in the game imo

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

that's a hard decision.. but for me it would probably be iron will. i can't play without that perk

• QuickStiQz
    QuickStiQz Member Posts: 194

I agree mostly with you. Ds is my favorite perk even after the nerf. Plus when the killer slugs he's just wasting time.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Dead Hard

With Dead Hard I know that no matter what happens I will always have the ability to drag a chase on for a long time. If the Killer is just demolishing my team because they suck then I can loop and run that Killer around for a good while with Dead Hard.

I can always find a Med-Kit or a team mate to heal me, maybe if they aren't complete #########. I can do Gens without a toolbox, and sometimes I can make an unsafe save with Dead Hard to possibly not get downed at the hook.

This was a tough choice between this and Urban Evasion, I love that perk because I love being sneaky but once I get into a chase I don't feel as confident without Dead Hard.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

Bond.

It's always useful and especially when playing solo, and I honestly feel naked and lost without it 😄

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Tough choice. I would probably pick Windows Of Opportunity because if I play survivor it's always solo and as a solo survivor you never know what pallets are gone till it's too late.

Being able to gather information about your surroundings WHILE working on a generator or WHILE getting chased is very strong. It's probably "THE" perk for every survivor whose playstyle is based on "routing" rather than "looping".

Here's my most recent 5 gen chase against a rank 3 killer. During one moment of the chase I didn't know where to go next till Windows Of Opportunity "showed me the way".

At 4:20 you can literally see me looking for the pallet aura and since Windows of Opportunity showed me the pallet I decided to use the fire barrel to "juke my way" to said pallet.

Long story short: It's one of those "butterfly effect" perks that do more than you probably notice.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Spine chill would be my second or third (I really like Bond too.) DS my first. DS works against all killers, same with bond. Spine chill is worthless in the rare instance you play against scratched mirror myers and pretty worthless against Spirit since by the time you see the thing go off she's already there and you cant tell where she is coming from.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate playing against Spirit?

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

I actually have a nice time with spirit (my build is meant to avoid killers; Spine chill, sprint burst, lightweight, and empathy)

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

weird choice but Stake Out. for me, when i mess up skill checks its usually because im trying too hard to get the great skill check. this perk helps get rid of that stress somewhat.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

As solo: bond

Swf: resilience

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited August 2019

+1

Spine Chill is in my opinion the most useful perk in this game. It is a perfect early warning system and helps a lot in chases when you know how to use it properly.

Also, it is not a Meta dependent perk, it will always be a top tier perk as long as devs wont change it.

Excuse me, worthless against the spirit? It is by far the best Perk vs Spirit. Yes, i know Iron Will exists. Alone the fact that spirit will have a hard time to do her fake makes this perk so great against her.

Here is a good example for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2bXIO0c0CY

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited August 2019

Bond. It's unbelievable the amount of informations that perk alone gives, and for solo players that really makes the difference.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Decisive.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited August 2019

Kindred :-)

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

WGLF. To gain more BP to buy more perks :)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

BT, too many campers. Plus really good at endgame.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

Holy hell! I'm very impressed. Wish I had your skills!

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Thank you ♥️ I'm sure you will get there, too. To be fair my random teammates were pretty quick on the gens and the killer was kind of bad despite the red rank (didn't try to mindgame me at pallets, got 360'd twice, fell for the fire barrel juke, didn't destroy certain pallets like the jungle gym pallet allowing me to run back to them during the chase etc.) which made it relatively easy to run him all game.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Small Game or Spine Chill. I'm confident in my ability to loop, but I prefer to be stealthy and not have to deal with totems/traps. Both are very useful in what info they give you.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

I have to choose Bond, its just universally useful, the information is invaluable

• HasNoLuck
    HasNoLuck Member Posts: 16

It would most likely be Quick and Quiet for me. I've made it out of chases countless times because of it. The Killer doesn't know when you finish looping or which way you went. It probably is less effective with Killers who predict Survivor's every move though.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Id have to go for decisive to be honest. Saves me the headache from being farmed by stupid teammates/getting tunneled. Also, just recently had a match against a mori where my Decisive legit saved my entire team. They were all slugged (and the killer saw me) so i hopped into a locker, dsed him and then picked my teammates up. Led him on a 3 gen chase and we all escaped lol (except for my friend who got tunneled and moried off hook.)

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

I had a killer get two hooks at the end due to noed, my friend pulled me off the hook with literally no bar left, he ran for the door as i saved my fiancee off the hook the friend who saved me got downed and crawled for the exit (it was open) so i saved the fourth man off he ground and we all escaped in front of the killer. @ShrekIsHot should remember this