The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

All DS does is rewarding really bad plays

So i was watching this video, and i just thought: The purpose of the new DS is to counter "tunneling", right? But what happens if you let them get saved, escape, you give the survivors some chances, then you still find them within those 60 seconds, because they failed to hide? It happens that you still get punished for finding them again, without camping or anything, they just failed to hide...and still YOU get punished for making a good play, and they get a free escape for failing?! It feels more like a buff in some ways, this new ds. It's practically a godmode for 60 seconds after getting unhooked now. No matter what you do, even if you are not being tunneled, you get away, period, with no downside or anything. It's laughable how easily abusable it is. You can even run in front of the killer, you'll still get away.

And in this video he was using Nurse, and the survivors weren't the greatest on gens. Imagine a full premade ultra-coordinated against a Wraith, or even a loopable but strong killer like Billy, against 4 DS!

If i had suggest a possible change to it in some way, i would make something like this: You need to save 3-4 people to get it, or you need to take the killer in chase for 1-2 minutes. Right now is just an ultra-cheap and stupid perk, i think this video is the perfect explanation for it.

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,128

During a match yesterday, not long after two survivors got off the hook, I had both of them running around right in front of me, still injured. I slugged both of them and went looking for the other survivors.

Turns out they both had DS. Shocker.

If there's an obsession you just have to pay attention to who recently got unhooked. Try to judge how much time has passed. It's not a perfect system, sometimes I've watched others play and been like, "Wait, that wasn't 60 seconds yet??" But slugging is the counter.

• Nickdela9812
    Nickdela9812 Member Posts: 45

You guys mention slugging, which is okay, but most of the time it just wastes time and still gives them a second chance, and doesn't reward me for doing well. Slugging for 1-2 minutes might be okay, but on lower ranks. I play higher ranks almos every season and trust me, unless it's end game or it's 3 survivors left, you can't really afford to slug that much, because you'll still give them a second chance, instead of a hook stage. I've had plenty of games where the killer slugged me even when i didn0t have DS, but he thought i had it. It's stupid because yu benefit from it even if you don't have it. Maybe the timer should only be 30-40 seconds long, not to be as abusable..i don't know, but that's the problem. It's so abusable by good survivors.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

As many others stated, i'm fine with ds or bt to counter camping/tunneling, the issue is that they last forever, and slugging, considering how adreline is meta, isn't always the best solution.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

I don't much use DS now, because most killers sort of think survs will have it, for me tunelling has gotten easier, not still saying it doesn't happen or slugged. But since the change i feel, that it doesn't happen as much now, hence why i don't run it a lot.

• Nickdela9812

True, i forgot to menton it. If 1 or 2 gens are left, and more than 2 surviviors alive, you pretty much can't slug, because you'll risk to get Adrenaline'd.

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

You can't slug them because they just go into a locker. So you either stand there like an idiot counting to 60 while a gen gets done, or you leave the locker giving the survivor a free bail out. DS completely screws the killer. Make it 20, or 30 seconds. An entire minute is absolute overkill.

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

Ppl mention slugging and you still whine?? This is why we never get anywhere

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

It's supposed to be a free bail out for 60 seconds. If you can't deal with that the solution is to ignore the person with ds and go for someone else until the DS is over.

• SpyMature
    SpyMature Member Posts: 204

The problem with DS is that Killer will still get punished even if he doesn't tunnel or camp.

He could hook the guy with the DS, go to the other side of the map, hook another guy, the guy with DS gets unhooked, Killer comes back and hook the guy who unhooked the one with DS, randomly finds the guy with the DS, and he'll still have it active.

DS needs to deactivate whenever killer hooks another guy, unless the person with the DS was downed at the moment of another guy getting hooked.

• killersarecowards
    killersarecowards Member Posts: 6

All right so hear me out please. I am indeed a survivor main and I have put days upon days into this game I have all the meta perks on survivor so according to some of these people on this page I can clearly just get a free escape. Well this is clearly untrue, while I’d say I’m decent at the game and I usually get to a pretty high rank and yes I have been to rank one. And I can say while reliably running ds on my detective tapp for several months now that ds is not too strong. Bc you say “it’s a perk without consequences” okay well name me some killer perks with consequences. And lasting for sixty seconds is too long?? You realize high tier games usually go for 15 to twenty minutes a lot of the time if the survivors know what’s going on. And that to actually use ds you have to hit a missable skill check that if you do indeed miss the perk gets used anyway? And when you consider how weak wiggling actually is most the time considering a lot of people run either iron grasp or agitation do you really think that one perk that only once during the entire match that can actually save a survivor from getting hooked is too strong? No I’m guessing someone got a really nasty play off on you using ds maybe once or twice and boom bata bing you come here to once again complain about a survivor perk that’s “too strong” which is the same thing that happened with mettle of man a perk where you only got saved from a SINGLE HIT the entire match and only from the injured state and to activate it you had to get hit three times and then boom on ur fourth hit if ur injured you can take another hit before going down(and now the perk has been nerfed and it’s so bad). Oh but wait what if you got healed after the third hit well then you better hope ur not going against a Meyers, leatherface, billy, or ghostface. Or any of the killer perks that allow the killer to one shot you which there are many of and I don’t want to take the time to name them all. And so In any of those cases mettle of man is completely worthless which seems like a lot of situations to me. So maybe really think about something before you whine about it on the forums bc I enjoy playing survivor and it really sucks when all the decent perks I enjoy get just destroyed by nerfs. I’m assuming adrenaline will be destroyed here soon with all the complaints(even tho I admit a full team running it is pretty toxic). But yeah that’s my rant. Also just a side note the whole don’t go to the forums and whine was meant for killer and survivor mains and we all love and hate and hate to love this game but if we all work together hopefully we can make it better. Happy hunting and happy gen rushing.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

If you're at all a decent killer, you will busy yourself with other survivors. I applaud anytime I can't use DS because I wasn't tunneled off the hook. But if you tunnel me, you deserve to get stabbed in the back.

And since you've mentioned it, end game perks reward bad killers too...NoEd and Blood Warden come to mind.

Why don't we make it so once you're hooked your dead, or once you finish a gen you escape, maybe that will be more fun for you.

• Wubsyy__
    Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 116

It also punishes killers who target off of the hook. But it's so easy to counter that I never would've thought any killer would be crying about it like this.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

DS doesn’t need any change.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155

I agree DS does reward bad plays, but so does NOED. I try to remain neutral despite being a survivor main, but you gotta admit that there perks on both sides that reward bad plays

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Maybe uh, don't do either of those things and go find another survivor.

I've yet to face a DS user that is a problem to me. Maybe because I DON'T TUNNEL!!

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

So is Adrenaline, off topic I know but I had to say it 🤷‍♂️

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

@SpyMature. "...The problem with DS is that Killer will still get punished even if he doesn't tunnel or camp..."

Yes, and? Don't killer's perks punish survivors?

• Creepytaco
    Creepytaco Member Posts: 36

Seems the forums have devolved into "This perk isn't fair" or "This strategy is too hard to counter" or "The game shouldn't allow this" People won't be happy until survivors have nothing. I don't think people realize that you arent supposed to have stuff handed to you. Earn your kills through strategy. Adapt to what people are doing. Apply pressure, be prepared to maybe have a bad game. That's the whole point. My god it's just DBD lol

• Chickenchaser

The equivalent of spoiled kid running to his mother pointing, and saying "That guy doesn't play the game the way I want him to. Make him leave me alone during tag mommy. I can't out run him, and it isn't fair".

And half the time it doesn't even matter if you leave them alone anyway. Survivors using DS usually suck so you end up finding them again while going after other Survivors. Then pick them up thinking it's been 60 seconds, and getting stuned anyway.

It should only be 30 seconds max.

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

Thats you complaining they dont play what you want to play, dont tunnel and deal with it...

Is there any kind of complain about Blood Warden? Thanatophobia? BBQ? Spirit Fury?

• Aikanaro

Problem is they think killers must kill everyone no matter what, and every kind of struggle is unbalanced.

• Krustykerbz
    Krustykerbz Member Posts: 47

Coming from a guy who’s name is T0xicTyler 😂😂😂😂

• MisterTIBS
    MisterTIBS Member Posts: 75

My two pennies, I love the anti-tunnel effect of it and it's true that all the killer currently needs to do is not pick you up again within 60 seconds of being unhooked, which for the most part is completely fair imo.

My suggestion would be for it to cancel out that 60 second timer in the following three scenarios:

1. The killer hooked another survivor before the 60 seconds.
    2. The last gen has already been done, OR it was completed AFTER you were unhooked.
    3. If 2 is considered 'harsh' then at the very least once the exit gates are opened.

I've made use of it myself in endgame situations which felt bad - gung-ho-ing a hooked survivor near an open exit, take the hit for them, they get out, I get hooked, use my Deliverance, get downed, use my DS, gg. That's a bit rough and shouldn't really be what it's for as by that time it's hardly tunneling, the killer's extremely unlikely to get two hits on a DIFFERENT survivor even if you're half map away from the exit.

• Chickenchaser

Umm...no. Did you even read my comment? It doesn't matter if the killer tunnels or not. I do deal with DS. That doesn't mean I can't recognize it's flaws.

Blood warden, thanatopia, BBQ, and spirit furry doesn't hold the survivor in place so the killer can get a free hook. That would be the killer equivalent to DS.

• MisterTIBS
    MisterTIBS Member Posts: 75

"Survivors using DS usually suck so you end up finding them again while going after other Survivors"

You realise that survivors running DS will very likely WANT you to get them again before it's out, right, and so you "finding them again" is quite likely more along the lines of "they run straight at you again" to take the hit for their teammate? Just sayin'.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Sad state of life in general, where someone has an opinion and instead of thoughtful conversation you get insults.

We Don't all agree with everything, but why insult for no reason other than your opinion is different?

Why does it matter what side you main?

If you dont agree with something someone said ignore it or point out why you think its flawed. Can be easily done without throwing insults around.

The game isnt perfect, nothing is. Insulting people for differing opinions is what keeps everyone from compromising and trying to make the best out of what we have.

If all you can do is offer antagonistic insults to a given conversarion then dont even bother posting.

I know this isnt the proper place for this but it just happened to be where i am at.

If you disagree with me thats fine. You are entitled to. Want to have civilized discourse about it start a thread and we can talk.

Want to insult me go for it i will ignore it.

All i ask is that the anonymity of the internet stop making people act like ass hats towards each other.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

Only thing I want to see with DS is the timer dropped to 40 seconds. It’s too abusable with a 60 second timer. 

How is is “anti-tunnel” when I down and hook someone, go across the map, chase and down someone else, hook them all in 30 seconds. Then find that dude that got fully healed and is working on a Gen, down him again in 20 seconds, then get smacked with DS? 

It’s also somehow my fault when I hook someone, I go across the map, find someone else chase them down and hook them. Then the guy who I hooked the first time LITERALLY FOLLOWED ME AFTER BEING UNHOOKED, does a BT save on the new guy I just hooked right in front of my face, so I down him for doing that... LOLOL DS! 

Not to mention how absurdly abusable it is with SWF. I can’t count how many times I’ve been chasing some else after hooking someone, about to down them... dude who just got unhooked literally runs in front of my swing to “tank the hit” for his buddy. Guy gets away or to another loop spot thanks to coordinated voice comms SWF. Can’t pick DS guy up either. Hell, I’ve had that before where it was literally 2 guys just running in front of me body blocking and tanking hits with DS.

40 seconds is already half a Gen. 60 seconds is 3/4 of a gen. Soon enough it'll be meta to rush Gens straight off hook with DS. Right now a 60 second timer just being abused.

• Chickenchaser

That goes without saying. I was talking about the survivors that don't do that.

The obvious survivor trying to get hit is obvious. So yeah... I Realize.

• Aikanaro

So every killer perk has a counter, but DS hasnt... dont tunnel and thats it, Im not using it but Im seeing all kind of tunnelers everywhere, they think its smart and fair so every time I see the DS I thank god for having a perk that counters lame playing.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

The only issue that arose was lockers. They remove the counterplay and create a God status , that is debatable over whether it should be allowed , for the most part it's just annoying

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536

And how would you change it? It is already nerfed...

• Nickdela9812

Thanks for the laugh man!

"considering a lot of people run either Iron Grasp or Agitation"??? What year do you live in? 2017 Nobody runs those perks, as they are useless as hell, so either update your calendar, or get out of rank 21.

And of course you mention Mettle of Man was ok even before the nerf...because of a one time perk..when literally even survivor mains realised that perk was a joke, hence nobody after the nerf complained. I think when i'll be sad i'll go read this papyrus to laugh a little.

Maybe you should consider getting some experience, before come talking about balance.

Have fun with your "Agitation and Iron Grasp meta" on rank 30

• Nickdela9812

Thanks for the laugh man!

"considering a lot of people run either Iron Grasp or Agitation"??? What year do you live in? 2017 Nobody runs those perks, as they are useless as hell, so either update your calendar, or get out of rank 21.

And of course you mention Mettle of Man was ok even before the nerf...because of a one time perk..when literally even survivor mains realised that perk was a joke, hence nobody after the nerf complained. I think when i'll be sad i'll go read this papyrus to laugh a little.

Maybe you should consider getting some experience, before come talking about balance.

Have fun with your "Agitation and Iron Grasp meta" on rank 30

• killersarecowards
    killersarecowards Member Posts: 6

Well I play on console not pc and I got to rank 5 last season and stopped Bc there where only a couple days till reset and nearly every single game from rank 10 to 5 and several games in 5 people were using agitation all the time and sometimes iron grasp. But also the whole point of that discussion is that ds is fine and people need to just stop complaining bc a survivor perk just happens to hinder them slightly which they won’t shut up about. Also ur clearly out here clowning and taking my username to heart ya coward.

• UltraBanana
    UltraBanana Member Posts: 100

60 seconds is a super long time in dead by daylight? A gen takes 80 seconds to do, without gen rush items like socket swivel toolboxes or prove thyself. If 3 people are on gens that's almost 3 gens done in that 60 seconds.