The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

THE DEMOGORGON

SadBacon
SadBacon Member Posts: 23
edited July 2019 in Creations

[Stranger Things Season 2 spoilers ahead]

Hawkins, Fall 1984.

When Eleven closed the gate, the connection between the Normal World and the Upside-Down momentarily stopped. Instead, another connection was made. For a brief moment, the Entity's Realm and the Upside-Down clashed together, allowing the Entity and Mind Flayer to peek into another brand new world. However, the Entity being stronger, as it kept growing the more people were pulled into its realm, a fragment of the Upside-Down and of the Mind Flayer were forcefully brought into the Entity's Realm. The Mind Flayer being unable to survive in a world that's not His, he put His whole being into the only vessel that was brought with Him : what we call a Demogorgon.

The Demogorgon isn't sacrificing for the Entity, no ; it's sacrificing for itself. As it flays, it grows stronger, and its influence on the Entity's Realm becomes bigger. Once it reaches strong enough power and becomes stronger than the Entity itself... well, who knows what might happen.

THE DEMOGORGON

Terror Radius : 32m (Entity's Realm)

Movement Speed : 115%

Height : Tall

The Upside-Down

> Start in the Upside-Down.

> When in the Upside-Down, survivors in the Entity's Realm can't be seen but can't see the Demogorgon or hear its Terror Radius. 

> When in the Entity's Realm, survivors in the Upside-Down can't be seen but can't see the Demogorgon or hear its Terror Radius. 

> Survivors in a different Realm than you can still be heard, and their blood can still be seen.

> Characters in different Realms can’t collide.

> Survivors in the Entity’s Realm’s lit flashlights will flicker whenever the Demogorgon is within 24m and in the Upside-Down.

> The Demogorgon's Terror Radius is reduced to 24m in the Upside-Down.

> The Demogorgon's movement speed is increased to 125% when not in a chase and in the Upside-Down

> Survivors in the Upside-Down are Broken if injured and their action speed is reduced by 50%, at the exception of vaulting and dropping pallets, which are reduced by 10% only.

> Get notified whenever a survivor starts an action and you’re both in the Upside-Down.

> By pressing M2 on top of a downed survivor in the Upside-Down will make The Demogorgon pull a tentacle out of the ground and place it on the survivor’s mouth, which will put a larva inside them, and inflict them with the Flayed status effect for an infinite duration.

Flayed : The survivor will regularly see glimpses of the Upside-Down and be affected by its effects. The glimpses will last between 1 second and 2.5 seconds.

> The survivor will vomit the larva 180 seconds after it is placed, reducing their movement speed by 20% for 3 seconds. They can’t vomit if they’re hooked, downed, or being carried by the Demogorgon, and will vomit as soon as they aren’t in those states anymore.

> Survivors’ icons in the bottom left will be turned upside-down in the Upside-Down.

> Ambience music, Terror Radius music and chase music are changed in the Upside-Down.

The Gates

> By pressing the secondary power button, you can switch between the Normal State and the Gate Creation state. 

> By aiming at a wall within 20 meters and pressing M1, a Gate is created. Takes 3 seconds to create. 

> By aiming at a Gate within 20 meters and pressing M2, it is removed over 3 seconds. Cooldown of 7 seconds. 

> At the start of the Trial, there is one Gate. That one cannot be removed manually and, at the start of the match, is invisible to survivors in the Entity’s Realm for 90 seconds or until The Demogorgon or a survivor uses it.

> The unremovable Gate moves to a different spot within 16 meters every minute.

> The maximum amount at a time is four Gates. No Gate can be placed if that number is reached. 

> Gates are highlighted in white. The unremovable one is highlighted in yellow.

> Crossing the Gates brings you to the opposite realm. Takes 2.5 seconds to walk through the Gate

> It is possible to walk through a Gate while carrying a survivor. 

> Survivors can walk through the Gate as well, which takes 4.5 seconds, and they will be unable to run for 3 seconds after crossing the Gate. The Killer is notified whenever a Gate is crossed by a survivor. 

> It is possible to hit a survivor that is crossing a Gate. Doing this on an injured survivor will result in a grab, even if the Demogorgon lunges.

Meat Hunt 

> By pressing M2 while in the Normal State, you can enter the Meat Hunt state for 10 seconds, which will make the Demogorgon open its face.

> The Gate Creation state can't be accessed while in the Meat Hunt state. 

> In this state, blood is highlighted. 

> In this state, noises are easier to hear. 

> In this state, lunge range in increased by 8% and the successful/missed hit cooldown is decreased by 10%.

> Crossing a Gate while in this state takes 0.7 second only. 

> In this state, if the Demogorgon hits a survivor inflicted by the Flayed status effect, they will both be brought into the Upside-Down.

> Meat Hunt has a cooldown of 20 seconds.

Post edited by SadBacon on

Comments

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

This is one of the best and most well thought out descriptions of the Demogorgon I've seen, you especially nailed how I think the lore/story could work.

• EliteBoy06
    EliteBoy06 Member Posts: 32

Id really like to see this in dbd. Playing as the demogorgon. And the new survivor could be nancy or billy. Or hopper. And i think we could add star cort mall as a new map.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

My god, this is perfect. I haven't seen the show but I really want to now, this dimension ability is my favorite ability in fiction period and the way you made it is perfect for this game. You can literally carry the Survivor from one dimension into the other, that creates MASSIVE PRESSURE! The Flayed thing sounded meh at first but then you brought it home at the end, superb my man, bravo!

I want this, I want this so ######### bad, let me pay to play this :D

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Okay so I watched season 1 and the attention to detail in this is beautiful, if we do get this in the game I will be really disappointed if it's not something like this. The potential of this Killer is huge and my expectations are sadly really high lol

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Wow, I've never seen Stranger Things but this concept makes the monster sound cool!

Fantastic job on it. I actually really like the idea of a third party monster in the lore, it sounds much more interesting then "Well, it's uhh here and all."

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

You seem to have good ideas but I'm going to be honest...

I think you wrote the first paragraphe twice and aside from that it is VERY confusing. I'm still not sure what the Killer does except that at some point you puke a larva and cross a portal.

You should try to organize the text like ex;

(Name)

Perks;

1-

2-

3-

Status;

1-

World State;

1-

2-

You have a lot of good ideas and I just feel they are lost in the ocean of your thoughts rn.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

This is a little late... XD

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

*look at the edit button*

Not really...just require work. :P

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

This seems incredibly complicated compared to other Killers.

Also having him move faster but only out of a chase is a terrible idea. Moonwalking exists.

Killers should always be at their strongest in a chase.