Would survivors whine less about camping if...

Options

the person stuck on the hook got points towards the evader emblem? Like the same amount you'd get from doing a generator or whatever in their terror radius but not being chased...

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Sometimes I really wonder....

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    Options

no one cares if survivors whines about camping.

its a legit strategy with a legic counter.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    Being camped is not fun, same as how being teabagged and taunted is not fun.

Everything else is a side issue.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

tbagging and taunting is BM while camping is a strategy
    Do you see a difference?

If you wanna compare tbagging and clicking to sth, then this would smacking a guy on the hook or mori canceling someone

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options
    Master said:

@Visionmaker said:

Do you see a difference?

If you wanna compare tbagging and clicking to sth, then this would smacking a guy on the hook or mori canceling someone

The comparison was the enjoyment of the player not the action, so it was an apt anology.
  • Visionmaker
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Master said:

@Visionmaker said:

Do you see a difference?

Getting the killer tilted is a valid strategy. I'd happily suck away attention from my teammates so they can finish gens or escape. Killers complain anyway because it takes away the enjoyment from their game.

Tbagging at the end of the game next to the exit gates is BM. Slapping the last survivor dying on the hook is BM.
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

except those two things are not even remotely the same.

being camped is a strategy, being teabagged is ######### and meant to taunt.

you dont camp to taunt people. theres no comparison at all.

• Visionmaker
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

you dont camp to taunt people. maybe think before you write.

Taunting is a strategy. I did not say camping was meant to taunt people.

Maybe you should focus on your own gameplay instead of bitching about another's.
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Maybe you should focus on your own gameplay instead of making up little rules for another's.

CAMPING gets you kills. KILLS gets you victories.

TAUNTING does not get you a victory.

you teabag people because you are an #########. even the respectful streamers dont teabag.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Devs gave killers BBQ to reduce camping.
    BBQ reduced effectively camping, but instead of being grateful, survivors started to complain about it being OP. Do you really think it would be any different with your proposal?
  • Visionmaker
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Maybe you should focus on your own gameplay instead of making up little rules for another's.

you teabag people because you are an #########. even the respectful streamers dont teabag.

Lol?

I can bodyblock, teabag, flashlight click and taunt the killer to chase me instead of a teammate on their last hook/being tunneled. I do it all the time for my shittier friends.

And who are you to say it doesn't give me a victory? Then again, if youre the type to get your panties in a bunch every time someone crouches, it's already working.
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Lol?

I can bodyblock, teabag, flashlight click and taunt the killer to chase me instead of a teammate on their last hook/being tunneled. I do it all the time for my shittier friends.

And who are you to say it doesn't give me a victory? Then again, if youre the type to get your panties in a bunch every time someone crouches, it's already working.

teabagging in every single game is a dick move. ask anyone that isnt you or clearly a survivor main. you dont teabag people unless you're an #########.

its not in your objective to teabag, it doesnt even award you points.

hooking people does, and making sure none gets that guy also gets points.

im sure your mom is happy to hear that you teabag and taunt other players in order to win. such sportsmanship.

• Visionmaker
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Lol?

teabagging in every single game is a dick move. ask anyone that isnt you or clearly a survivor main. you dont teabag people unless you're an #########.

Okay.. I don't see how that matters, but sure.

It just sounds to me that you're making up arbitrary rules to dictate how people should or shouldn't play.

Ironic, considering that you have an issue with survivors doing that to killers. 🙄
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said: Being camped is not fun, same as how being teabagged and taunted is not fun.

Lol?

Okay.. I don't see how that matters, but sure.

It just sounds to me that you're making up arbitrary rules to dictate how people should or shouldn't play.

Ironic, considering that you have an issue with survivors doing that to killers. 🙄

i dont make up any rules. im telling you its not very sportsmanship like to teabag people and to taunt people. name one game where teabagging is considered completely fine and not a dickmove?

you get no points for it, ergo, its not an objective.

you get points for hooking and sacrifices, thats what you get for camping. you get points.

how have i made up any rules here? the game is already very biased towards survivors making newer killers very powerless with no perks and nothing. surviving isnt that hard, the only thing thats hard is to get a guy unhooked versus a camper, and thats why you all whine. because its hard. as the one and only thing for survivors.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:
    Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Lol?

im sure your mom is happy to hear that you teabag and taunt other players in order to win. such sportsmanship.

Getting frustrated by tbag is in your hands. When I first played killer, I chose wraith and had a terrible match because i did not even know that we could lunge. Anyways, at the gates people were tbagging me and I didn't even know its name. I answered them by ringing my bell and spinning around myself like i was dancing.

Tbagging, clicking flashlights, looking up and such other moves are nothing. They are not even a thing. Just node to them by moving your mouse if you want to. Killers are sometimes just crybabies. You need to control your emotions. It is not like last second switch or other bullshit that affects game.

• Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    If the killer camps and tunnels then he gets teabagged. End of story. If a survivor teabags before camping and tunneling has started then yes, he's a dick.
  • Visionmaker
    Options

"you dont teabag people unless you're an #########."

"name one game where teabagging is considered completely fine and not a dickmove?"

"you get no points for it, ergo, its not an objective."

You're going out of your way to try to invalidate a strategy by creating pretentious and self serving goalposts. You're telling me: "You shouldn't do this because...". You are making rules to dictate how I should or should not play. Why must I only employ strategies that give me points?

Is blowing up a generator to distract a killer not valid because it doesn't give me points? What about bodyblocking a hatchet at the exit gate? It doesn't give me protection points unless I'm right next to an injured player, ergo it must not be an objective, according to your made up standards.

How about you play the way the way you want to play, and stop worrying about how other people play?
  • Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    My opinion, think I'm wrong, but I'm not. Goodnight!
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    @Beardedragon

"name one game where teabagging is considered completely fine and not a dickmove?"

You're going out of your way to try to invalidate a strategy by creating pretentious and self serving goalposts. You're telling me: "You shouldn't do this because...". You are making rules to dictate how I should or should not play. Why must I only employ strategies that give me points?

Is blowing up a generator to distract a killer not valid because it doesn't give me points? What about bodyblocking a hatchet at the exit gate? It doesn't give me protection points unless I'm right next to an injured player, ergo it must not be an objective, according to your made up standards.

How about you play the way the way you want to play, and stop worrying about how other people play?

regardless.

teabagging is a dickmove and always will be. all the respectful streamers avoid that too because they dont want to be #########.

but its okay. you dont have to explain yourself. sometimes people are #########. and i guess you are one too.

its like saying: why cant i just be allowed to make snark comments about my opponents gameplay after the game is over that only borderlines to reportable but isnt really reportable?

you can do that too i guess. you're still an ######### though.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

You should also get more BP for being on a hook, as well as double pip if you get fully camped.
    And escape points since dying is sort of an escape (even tho it's not)
    Fair stuff.

• Visionmaker
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    @Beardedragon

regardless.

teabagging is a dickmove and always will be. all the respectful streamers avoid that too because they dont want to be #########.

but its okay. you dont have to explain yourself. sometimes people are #########. and i guess you are one too.

its like saying: why cant i just be allowed to make snark comments about my opponents gameplay after the game is over that only borderlines to reportable but isnt really reportable?

you can do that too i guess. you're still an ######### though.

Oh yes, can't think of a valid response so you default to calling people #########. Over something so asinine as hitting the crouch button.

Good. I don't expect anything less from self entitled players.
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018
    Options

i mean for the love of christ.

if you want to teabag and all your shinenigans then do it. if you wanna loop around stuff and constantly flash your flashlight be my guest.

but that coupled with the constant threats and ######### remarks towards the killer after the game is over, because he camped or just didnt get any kills (any reason really), is the reason this game has a reputation for being toxic as #########.

and no its not both sides evenly that are toxic. i do play survivor, mostly meg or claudette, and most killers that are irritated are rarely actually toxic. they mostly make remarks as to: why do you have to constantly loop, or get frustrated over mechanics that are heavily biased towards the survivor side, leaving only few killers actually viable, and even then, some are only viable with specific perks.

but for the most case, killers either say nothing, say something about the general balance of the game, or GG. unless someone teabagged him from my team, then sometimes they get angered over that. which makes sense.

but Survivors mostly always go full on ######### on the chat after the game. sometimes its a regular GG. thats fine, makes sense. but for the most case, its a remark about how bad the killer was if he got no kills, and if he camped, or did anything else like tunneling, they'll flame him for it.

i play maybe 70% killer, 30% survivor, and those survivor matches i do have, i rarely see killers go full on flame mode. but i always get flamed as a killer, almost every single game, in case i decide to camp.

camp = instant full on toxic mode from the survivors. despite the fact that none of them looked at the perks, and saw i have room for 1 perk slot on my low level killers, where as they are fully fledged purple perk with full slots, which would make it impossible for me to even get a single kill unless i DO camp.

Killers dont give this game a bad rep, survivors does and their inability to see that the game is leaning towards the survivors to the point where 2 survivors could probably win against 1 killer if they did well. and thats kind of not the idea, when you have a team of 4.

• Visionmaker
    edited July 2018
    Options

coupled with the constant threats and ######### remarks towards the killer after the game is over, because he camped or just didnt get any kills (any reason really), is the reason this game has a reputation for being toxic as [BAD Word]

but Survivors mostly always go full on ######### on the chat after the game. sometimes its a regular GG. thats fine, makes sense. but for the most case, its a remark about how bad the killer was if he got no kills, and if he camped, or did anything else like tunneling, they'll flame him for it.

i play maybe 70% killer, 30% survivor, and those survivor matches i do have, i rarely see killers go full on flame mode. but i always get flamed as a killer, almost every single game, in case i decide to camp.

camp = instant full on toxic mode from the survivors.

Hmm.. Sounds like it's unacceptable to have someone harass you and call you names over how you play. Consider the undeniable fact that harassing and flaming players is against the actual rules of the game.

*pat pat* Report them and move on.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Runiver said:
    You should also get more BP for being on a hook, as well as double pip if you get fully camped.
    Fair stuff.

I think if they manage to Kobe that should automatically put them on death hook status. It's absolutely ridiculous that they have a chance at getting away, you have to chase their ass back down again, hook them again, and you still have to wait a minute and a half or whatever for them to finally die.

Also, feck Unbreakable. I hate that perk too. The number of times where I've slugged 3, go after the last guy, only for a Kobe or Unbreakable to completely take that away from me is ridiculous.

Why aren't Killers told they have Unbreakable like we're told they have DS? Oh wait, we're only told if ONE guy has DS and not all of them because reasons...

These are some ridiculous ideas dude.

It is %4 to kobe and if you can't do that you will go to the dying state anyway. It is not like op or something. If someone unhooks them it is the same thing anyway.

Unbreakable is not an OP perk once again. It can only be used once and If the killer picks you up straight away you wasted your one perk for nothing. It doesn't need to be changed.

For the third point, you are not told that survivors have unbreakable because it is supposed to be a 'surprise perk' for the killer.If you choose to slug people, it gives survivors the chance to counter it. Btw, it is really easy to counter unbreakable. DS is nothing like that. You can't counter it if there is not a nearby hook or even if you can, he/she will still be able to use it for the second or the third time.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited July 2018
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

@Visionmaker said:

This implies Tbagging has any actual effect on gameplay (hint, it doesn't) just your little feefees getting hurt.

No the point is it effects the players feeling about the game play. They are not saying that the two serve as objectives or point scoring. Merely pointing out that camping is as annoying for a survivor as it is for a killer to be mocked.

anything that effects the player effects the games percived enjoyment, i believe that was the point being originally made.

Also camping ensures (sometimes) a kill and you claim that as strategic, but if someone is that offended by a pixel bobbing up and down that they spend the entire game chasing them getting no where than that is also a strategy, regardless of how low you perceive it to be
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Runiver said:
    Fair stuff.

I think if they manage to Kobe that should automatically put them on death hook status. It's absolutely ridiculous that they have a chance at getting away, you have to chase their ass back down again, hook them again, and you still have to wait a minute and a half or whatever for them to finally die.

Also, feck Unbreakable. I hate that perk too. The number of times where I've slugged 3, go after the last guy, only for a Kobe or Unbreakable to completely take that away from me is ridiculous.

Why aren't Killers told they have Unbreakable like we're told they have DS? Oh wait, we're only told if ONE guy has DS and not all of them because reasons...

Wow talk about entitled survivors with that kind of entitled whiny ass rant. Wah teh survivors are trying to live by unhooking themselves, wah they're using a 1 time use perk. Most people that kobe get killed either by a no skill camper who waits just outside terror radius or uses insidious. That or or they get hard tunneled because gasp THEY WOULDN'T JUST DIE AND GIVE YOU A FREE KILL !!!!

I mean good grief it's like why don't they just all go under a hook and wait for you to hook theme very game and then commit suicide. Then don't struggle so you can get your free points and not gasp have to actually play the game, I mean if I was the entity I'd bslap you so hard and send you back to baby killer school.

You hate ds and unbreakable well get the big boy pants on because survivors hate bbq, they hate whispers which is completely busted atm, they hate ruin which certain killer camp. We also hate noed, we hate etc etc etc.

We hate not getting notifications that killers are running something until we find out the hard way. I mean killers are always saying always assume noed/bbq etc are present in each and every match. Well what's good for the goose is good for the gander as the saying goes.

What's absolutely ridiculous is the sense of entitlement from killers like you and survivors who feel the game should be handed to them. They don't want the other side to actually make things hard and work towards their objectives.

(INTENSE SARCASM BELOW)

Here's a solution, remove DS and unbreakable from the game then anytime a killer camps the hook in any shape form or fashion they get perma banned. How's that for feel, you get rid of 2 of the most whiny perks we get rid of jerks that like to camp 1st hook. Both sides get rid of their biggest complaints and have nothing left to complain about.

• powerbats
    Options

@Hillbilly420 said:

I skimmed, didn't read. I hate Unbreakable, it's always used with an SWF group, I'm not changing my opinion.

Translation: You didn't read because didn't want to let facts smack you in the face and get an opinion that gasp didn't agree with you. I don't ue unbreakable and most swf groups don't use it.

But guess what? They could take away all the Killer tracking perks. We don't need BBQ, Whispers, whatever else. Remove NOED too. IDGAF. I don't need Whispers or BBQ to find people it just makes it easier.

Most killers won't play without those, even at really high ranks although the really good killers don't rely on those.

The fact that you say "Whispers is OP!" Say's everything. But the fact that you got triggered when someone doesn't like Unbreakable was just especially amusing.

**No the fact that I say whispers is op atm is because it is, on large maps killers are running right at survivors even without bbq or any other aura reading perk.. Oh and I didn't get triggered over your whiny post. But apparently you did by my response when you said you didn't read it which obviously you did.

You got upset because I pointed out the hypocrisy of your complaints and now you're trying the good old Straw Man failed logical fallacy again.You made a rant post and got called out for it and now are trying to make it look like I'm the triggered one. Tried and failed miserably,

I don't run unbreakable nor ds and still managed to get to rank 3 survivor before reset. This despite getting hard camped 1st hook by killers simply nodding heads non stop and hitting me on hook trying to trigger me into dying quicker. This despite getting griefed by duo's or other survivors who didn't want someone else to live when they screwed up.

As a killer I'v never ever camped anyone even though they probably deserved it, nor nodded my head at someone on the hook to taunt them and be an asshat. The fact is you got whiny and got triggered when you got called out for being whiny.

Now I'm sure you'll say you didn't read it again yet manage to someone how respond to certain segments of my post. That or you'll do the typical troll response and didn't read it type.**

Opinions are like rear ends everyone has them and we can agree on some things and disagree on others, but seriously lets keep the entitled attitudes out of post. This especially after calling out the other side for the same thing.

• Visionmaker
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Paddy4583 said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Visionmaker said:

This implies Tbagging has any actual effect on gameplay (hint, it doesn't) just your little feefees getting hurt.

No the point is it effects the players feeling about the game play. They are not saying that the two serve as objectives or point scoring. Merely pointing out that camping is as annoying for a survivor as it is for a killer to be mocked.

anything that effects the player effects the games percived enjoyment, i believe that was the point being originally made.

Also camping ensures (sometimes) a kill and you claim that as strategic, but if someone is that offended by a pixel bobbing up and down that they spend the entire game chasing them getting no where than that is also a strategy, regardless of how low you perceive it to be
    Exactly.

IDGAF if I get camped till I'm dead. It's just not FUN being on the hook till I die. It's not FUN watching a teammate die because he pissed off a Doctor or Cannibal. Sitting at a generator for another 2 minutes is not exactly exhilarating. It's definitely ######### if my first hook is death when I did gens all game while Dwight's jacking off in a closet.

I don't care if it gives me extra anything. It's just boring and/or obnoxious. It annoys me more when teammates pussyfoot around my hook than actually be useful and do gens.

Should players get harassed for camping? No, I don't agree with that. But I don't think it's a healthy addition to the game, and this is coming from a camping and tunneling cheese Doctor. Same as how I don't think sandbagging players should be able to bully killers.

Ultimately, I always point out that the devs don't care about any of that. Despite its problematic nature, the devs have decided that it is here to stay. Hence why I continue to camp with Doc's M2 and tunnel to my heart's content, and solo survivors can just get #########.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    Paddy4583 said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Visionmaker said:

Exactly.

IDGAF if I get camped till I'm dead. It's just not FUN being on the hook till I die. It's not FUN watching a teammate die because he pissed off a Doctor or Cannibal. Sitting at a generator for another 2 minutes is not exactly exhilarating. It's definitely ######### if my first hook is death when I did gens all game while Dwight's jacking off in a closet.

I don't care if it gives me extra anything. It's just boring and/or obnoxious. It annoys me more when teammates pussyfoot around my hook than actually be useful and do gens.

Should players get harassed for camping? No, I don't agree with that. But I don't think it's a healthy addition to the game, and this is coming from a camping and tunneling cheese Doctor. Same as how I don't think sandbagging players should be able to bully killers.

Ultimately, I always point out that the devs don't care about any of that. Despite its problematic nature, the devs have decided that it is here to stay. Hence why I continue to camp with Doc's M2 and tunnel to my heart's content, and solo survivors can just get #########.

I'm gonna level witchu chief... You are absolutely right
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

No, it wouldn't make camping less annoying.

• powerbats
    Options

@Hillbilly420 said:

@powerbats said:

Translation: You didn't read because didn't want to let facts smack you in the face and get an opinion that gasp didn't agree with you. I don't ue unbreakable and most swf groups don't use it.

You said "Whispers is OP and should be removed!" So your opinion is completely invalid to me and I'm not going to waste my time reading your essay.

Did you actually think before you posted, no where did I ever say it was op and needed to be removed. You said they could remove whispers because you don't need it not me. Why not go back and reread what I said about it being op atm because it's broken. NOW TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN'T MISS IT I NEVER SAID REMOVE WHISPERS.

Here's exactly what I said.

(INTENSE SARCASM BELOW)

**> Here's a solution, remove DS and unbreakable from the game **then anytime a killer camps the hook in any shape form or fashion they get perma banned. How's that for feel, you get rid of 2 of the most whiny perks we get rid of jerks that like to camp 1st hook. Both sides get rid of their biggest complaints and have nothing left to complain about.

Now if you'd actually paid attention instead of trying to twist what I said because you got mad at the fact I showed the hypocrisy of what you said. Then you'd have seen I never said that. So once again you tried and failed to not only insult me but twist my words.

From now on until you can prove otherwise you've shown you're no better than some of the trolls on here with your insults and word twistings.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    Options

More surv nonsense. Now you want points for getting caught and being slapped on the hook? You want points because the killer did his job?

As McEnroe would say:"You cant be serious!"

How about this? You get caught and slapped on the hook you die instantly. No more of this ######### where you get more lives than a cat.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

Okay, this is like NOT buffing WGLF. We all know it will have much more enjoyment and fun. Is there a good reason not to add this? Forget “duur shouldn’t be rewarded” will this cause anything actually bad? Cuz it will cause less complaints. If nothing truly bad comes from it, it should be added as a QOL

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

After all, why would you care if they gained points? It’d just make everyone happier?

• powerbats
    Options

You obviously read because you responded to it and the fact you didn't like being shown you misquoted me horribly and never corrected it speaks volumes about you.

The bottom line the small but vocal minorities on both sides will whine no matter what as evidenced by the person who still won't admit he's wrong.

• Siggerad
    Siggerad Member Posts: 47
    Options

If the killer is camping, face camping, he just move 2m and back is camping too, etc; give survivors BP this maybe prevent a lot of DC; with less dc more BP for the killers too.

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232
    Options

Calling a camping killer a "camper" isn't whining though.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Survivors would whine less about camping if they didn't have so many safety nets. One hook=One kill would immediately stop camping.

• Beardedragon
    Options

@Siggerad said:
    If the killer is camping, face camping, he just move 2m and back is camping too, etc; give survivors BP this maybe prevent a lot of DC; with less dc more BP for the killers too.

if survivors gets BPs for being hooked, i will officially stop playing the game.