I wanna know why survs hate Billy and want him nerfed???

Comments

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

Map pressure and instadown without any limit.

I always liked the idea that Billy needs to reload his chainsaw with gasoline placed everywhere on the maps. A few seconds of dead time after crossing the map several times would not be a luxury. Even the Nurse has timeouts after her teleportations.

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496

Have fun trying to get a match as Survivor when your nonstop whining and threats of 'Survivors leave if we can't GGEZ!' mean every Killer is nerfed so no one plays the now-broken Killer side in favor of the brainless-easy Survivor side.

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231

The refilling of gas would waste touch time and make it impossible to guard gems and Chase looping survs while having to refill his chainsaw. I dont think that be a good idea

But it's a good thought tho

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

My only problem with billy are his instasaw add-ons.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Depends on the map.

On a map like Rotten Fields he has a chance.

But on a map like Haddonfield ... just no.

On most maps I would bet my money on survivors tho.

• PiedPiper365

He doesn't need any add ons for it to be an insta, but there are add-ons that will make him have to hit u twice instead of once with the chainsaw because it'll increase speed that it is charged and give u more bloodpoints at the end of the trail

• Bludge23
    Bludge23 Member Posts: 234

Instadown with map pressure with no cooldown plus still stays at 4.6 m/s. I think he should be nerfed before spirit but that's my opinion and I don't care if that's my the majority here.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

I don't understand you. Hillbilly has some addons that make his chainsaw be charged almost instantly. In my opinion the Carburettor Tuning Guide is overpowered and it's an essencial part of the instasaw build.

• PiedPiper365

Thanks for sharing, and I understand ur frustration, but I've been told by multiple survs that they love going against him cuz of it and u honestly just gotta learn how to juke him cuz he is fairly easy to juke when he is reving up his chainsaw or zoom zoom across the map

• PiedPiper365

I'm a Billy main and I honestly don't very much use that item for the fact that I don't need it unless I feel like I'll be givin a rough time by how the survs look, but yes if u play Billy u most likely be using it but not all Billy's use it keep that in mind, cuz add-ons are supposed to help u win, survs have them and killers have them.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Because he can be somewhat of a threat.

• May_Be_AFK
    May_Be_AFK Member Posts: 46

Are you talking about his flick at the end of a saw? That wasn't an intended feature.

• May_Be_AFK

When people talk about insta saw they mean the rev time. Not insta down.

• HUAPA456
    HUAPA456 Member Posts: 10

Okay so I play both sides, Billy really isn't that strong and I don't understand why everyone wants him nerfed. I know everyone loves to complain about instadown but if you can properly loop and not throw down a pallet in fear of the chainsaw he just has to commit to being a regular m1 killer, he does really good against any team with a weak link and I think that's why people feel he needs to be nerfed. Just one weak survivor gives him a lot of power. Don't get me wrong chainsaw is a mindgame but in jungle gyms there isn't really anything he can do without instasaw. I dunno that's just me, personally I think spirit should be looked into a bit to fine tune some numbers but otherwise I'd say all the good killers are fine, Billy and Nurse have counterplay and spirit too, I still think billy is top 3 and all but he's a lot farther away from Nurse and Spirit IMO.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

I've never heard a good survivor calling Billy op. Its usually low-midranks, who want to press their flowchart strategy of injured genrushing, but lack the looping skills to pull it off.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

Billy is the most balanced killer. Viable across all ranks with some mechanical play on both sides when interacting with survivors (Juking vs aiming the saw). Clear counterplay which becomes even clearer once you take him out for a spin yourself.

His power can't be taken away from him and doesn't cripple him, so he doesn't become a chew toy for survivors at any point in the game unless the person playing him is bad. Have you noticed that about most higher tier killers? That survivors can't cripple their powers?

He doesn't break the looping meta, he just has opportunities to end loops in a conventional way much sooner. He is the most balanced killer,and simply stands out as a reliable and strong choice amidst a cast of killers that are frankly anemic in terms of power and performance.

Every other weaker killer should be buffed to be as strong as Billy.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited August 2019

Those players probably struggle with looping against him. They either don’t want to learn how to or just want every Killer to be a cakewalk for them.

• Bludge23
    Bludge23 Member Posts: 234

It's crazy to me that people think Billy is balanced. Being looped isn't a good reason to call him balanced because every killer can be looped besides nurse who doesn't have to respect anything in the game hence why she's at the top.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    1. His insane map pressure. No other killer can consistently start a match and be in a chase within the first 5 seconds. Even Omegablink Nurse has to go through a fatigue or two before she's in chase. And his speed makes it easy to catch survivors out in dead zones where looping him is not possible.
    2. His instant-down ability is super easy to use and has a negligible cooldown. Killers like Myers and Ghostface need to set up for a 1 shot. Billy doesn't take nearly as much effort.
    3. Insta-saw add-ons. Be honest, Carb Guide + Primer Bulb is broken.

I'm not crying that Billy is OP, but I understand why some people think so.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

People who complain want to have it easy

Since they know Nurse is going to be looked at next they are now complaining about Billy

Yes, I know for Nurse is going to be mostly add-ons, but the word that scares me is "mostly". I'm really worried for her

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Which is pretty funny honestly as Spirit is way more broken then Billy

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,106

I'd say it's not him who is OP but when he has addons he is a bit unbareable but that can be said for any killer, I think it's more of an addon issue much like the power creep with survivors and items.

I think it's rediculous billy can rev a chainsaw in your face and insta down you with addons there isn't counterplay to that sadly, at least not that I know of.

So my take is he shouldn't be nerfed but maybe some of the best addons he has and the perks need readjusted so he has more options, and maybe so that he is less reliant on addons?

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Maybe insta saw but generally Billy is fine.

• Azurlynx
    Azurlynx Member Posts: 222

Only thing about Billy I hate is face camping Billy reving his chainsaw constantly going REWREWREWREW like absolute #########.

But other that that nothing.

Really good Billys are scary but I got no problem again those nor do I want them nerfed.

Cuz those ######### corner chainsaws or crossmap snipes where he appears out of nowhere is relatively enjoyable.

Unlike certain bitches *cought*spirit*cought*nurse*cought*hag*cought*cought*cought*

• Weederick
    edited August 2019

If looping wins the game for survivors, then it is a balancing factor. Just like billys mobility and oneshot can win the game, so does looping on a bigger scale against every killer. So it is the main balancing point in higher ranks.

Nurse, Spirit, Hag and partially Huntress dont get looped, thus they're all toptier. Billy is still good enough due to his mobility and tricks. But he is capped due to looping. But he can break some of it with good curving. Which you can counter and dodge as survivor. There arent many killers with that many nuances.

I agree on addons beeing overtuned though. Instasaw is cheap.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

My only issue with Billy is that lately he has no audio for me. Fast AF, one shot down, but no audio is hard to counter. Otherwise I don't mind him. And now that Mettle has been made irrelevant, I hardly see a Hill William anymore.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    edited August 2019

He is overpowered. Take a look at all killers in the game, clown has to reload his bottles, spirit has to wait for her power, ghostface has to wait for his power, huntress has finite amount of hatches, legion has to wait for his power.

Hillbilly has no cooldown on his power, and no 2 seconds its not cooldown, with uncommon addon you get that down to 0.

Having 1-shot the whole game, easy to land, and insane mobility is too good,

I think they shouldn't look into spirit, and instead remove billy's 1-shot, be is by far superior to any other killer besides nurse.

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496

It's nowhere near easy to land.

Juke sideways at the right time and Billy runs right past you.

Stay near small objects and his hitbox might hit them instead.

Keep out of long, clear lanes and he can't run at you for very long.

His turning sucks and he can't spin in place like a melee hit.

Billy is fine.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

nah they should just remove the bogus restrictions on the other killers powers instead

• Marcus

Billy's chainsaw isn't easy to land in competent survivors.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

I dont think people hate the character mostly, its just the builds are usually the same (spirit fury/bamboozle, enduring, bbq, ruin, and then insta saw.)

imo base billy is perfectly fine, i just really dislike insta saw.

• Papamodzz
    Papamodzz Member Posts: 57

My only issue with billy is the hit box with the chainsaw but theres alot of killers with very questionable hit boxes other then that dont see a issue with him

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Imagine someone takes ranks as a measurement for balance.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

Spirit is the one needing nerfing

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971
    edited August 2019

I personally find him boring to play against because it's always enduring spirit fury hillbillys very original loadout

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155

It feels weird reading everything going against survivor mains and them complaining so much, but being a survivor main myself, all the top tier killers don't need to be nerfed at all, in fact a few of the killers (Wraith mainly) need a buff.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

LUL like people who are good at the game will quit because of Billy. Spirit, ok, Nurse, ok, but Billy? LMAO (look I'd much rather play hag but she suffers from gen rush the most compared to other top killers, so I'm going to keep playing Billy.)

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited August 2019

As a Billy main, I find why people complain. They run in a STRAIGHT LINE towards their favorite loop and wonder why they didn't make it. They repair the gen out in the middle of nowhere without a getaway plan. They don't listen to the chainsaw and only for the TR, so they don't have their precious 4-8 seconds to get to their favorite loop.

Yeah. I see why people hate Billy.

When I vs Billy, I exploit his cool down. I know his charge time. I understand his limits.

Remember when everyone complained about clown? Where did those go? Did those complaining get good vs clown?

(When survivors are on their game though, oh it can be a rough match. I do win a lot, but losing is usually being stomped on by a well coordinated team and a long chase or 2. It really is a matter of Getting Good. )

• switch

You're lucky, haven't found those billys yet.

It is extremely easy to land, even against "competent survivors", if you really want to prove me that HB isn't op, find some counter arguments not like X thing doesn't work against good survivors, Its outdated.

• switch
    edited August 2019

What? did you even play billy in the first place?. I'm not talking about hitting you from across the map if thats what you refer to by "hard to land", i'm talking close up insta down like all good billys do.

I know people that play exclusively hillbilly since beta, i bet a million dollars they can catch you on any loop in the game with the saw.

I don't know what streamer, or who brainwashed this community in thinking billy isn't good but holy ######### it worked like crazy

• Marcus

I watch Billy mains and it's not easy at all to land chainsaw against good survivors, sorry to tell you. Theey mostt of the time even end land M1ing thess survivors, LOL.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237
  • Weederick

Sure lol. Just like the 3rd blink was an unintended feature. And traps under hooks were a bugfix too. They sure fixed a lot of "bugs" on killers back then.

It was an intended nerf, which was sold as bugfix. Even the devs were looking awkward and sweaty saying this on stream.

Billy was perfect at release, they could just revert him tbh. Slap a nerf somewhere, but flick was the removed solution to the skillless mobility gameplay. Learn to flick or you had a less mobile chainsaw compared to today. He was about killing back then, but im drifting off

• switch

Do you play on console? or otherwise you must live in another dimension, either way i'm not going to argue with you over this topic, if you really thing that landing billy's saw is hard, maybe you ain't the right person to talk about balance, no offense

• Cayde1342
    Cayde1342 Member Posts: 96

I feel like he is not bad to go against. I play on console where it is harder to move with his chainsaw attack but on PC I feel it is more smoother. I feel like a nerf would be uncalled for, same with a buff.

• Marcus

No, I am talking about PC. Who knows, maybe you aren't the right person.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I think the biggest issue with top tier killers is the frequency of which they appear. I've had matches where I play against Billy almost non stop for a hr. He's the most used top tier killer due to his easy to learn skill set and low skill cealing. Spirit, Nurse, Hag, Huntress all are harder to learn and have vastly higher skill cealings. This dont make Billy bad at the slightest it just makes him the easiest of the bunch.

• May_Be_AFK

I wouldn't even consider that a nerf. You don't need it. Just like you don't need all of those blinks to do damage with nurse.

• sanki
    sanki Member Posts: 261

what? isn't that they hate spirit much more than Billy? compare to the spirit, l prefer someone chase me with chainsaw!