Ps4 Baby Nurse, help me ascend into godess nurse status

Options

Hello, long time lurker, first post.

I play killer mainly on ps4. I play almost everybody, but my favourite killer is nurse, I want to ask some of you console nurse mains about some things I have trouble with.

1. I play mostly without add-ons, but I have found out that survivors have a much higher chance to juke me if I'm not using blink speed up addons. How can I overcome this with those two basic blinks? Do I have to gather more experience? Predict better? Can I learn her with speed addonns or I will hurting myself in the long run.

2. I have trouble with jungle gyms. Seriously. I tried to zigzag blink to cut off survivors but it only works 30% of the time. Is there a better method to handle these mazes?

3. Also, lets say a surv downed a pallet right in front of me teabagging. How do you know if she will vault back or not? Sometimes I'm quick to hit a 180, half the times they run as soon as I blink and cant hit them.

4. Used Shadowborn a lot, but a week ago I stopped using it, I dont want to get additced to it. I even stopped using ruin, but I feel like I lose so many gens quickly because of its abscence. Do I need Ruin in these learning stages?

My current combo is: BBQ, NC, Sloppy, Bloodhound / Stridor

Comments

• TaylorAmidala
    TaylorAmidala Member Posts: 18
    Options

I SUCK AT NURSE!!!!! but I'm a trophy hunter so I definitely needed the platinum for this game, which means doing a lot of Nurse. I just watched a lot of streamers and YouTube videos of people playing as her. The cool thing about playing Nurse is that people underestimate you a lot, which tends to work as an advantage. Also, if you didn't know, you can blink outside the gate before it's opened. I've scared a lot of people by doing that lol.

• ArcticRage
    ArcticRage Member Posts: 27
    Options
    1. I only like to use bad man keepsake and dull bracelet for add-ons as they only affect blink and charge speeds so it won’t mess with your distance muscle memory. You should try and read your opponent a bit and gather what jukes they like to resort to when you initially encounter them with your two blinks. Don’t swing unless you know you will make the hit and don’t always immediately jump to your second blink when you miss the first one.
    2. You have to learn to adapt to each and every survivor as killer and this especially applies to nurse. If you aren’t already good with M1 killers, you’re going to have a lot more trouble learning nurse. I don’t recommend just blinking blindly but to instead get a basic grasp of what they might do before you react. Don’t force yourself to blindly predict if you don’t have to. After that, it’s up to you to determine the accuracy and distance to win the mindgame. 
    3. Again, it’s up to you to read your opponents and use past experiences to anticipate their next move. However, you shouldn’t always expect them to make the same move because good survivors like to switch it up. The thing with nurse, unlike other killers, is that she can quickly recover from mistakes and improve on them in the moment. When learning her, use her blinks to learn the survivors movements, not to try and immediately down them.
    4. Feel free to use ruin when learning her. Don’t let other players dictate what you can’t run just because you’re the nurse. For any nurse, I can recommend perks like whispers, ruin, make your choice, NC, BBQ/Discordance and PGTW. Forgive me if I miss a few since there are plenty of perks that work with her. I would stray away from endgame perks when learning her since you’re not trying to make endgame plays, you’re trying to learn her blinks and map pressure. The perks I listed will work regardless of whether you’re a beginner or not but they will especially assist you as a beginner with plenty of map and generator information to work with.

Hope this helps somewhat! Good luck!

• ArcticRage
    Options
    1. I only like to use bad man keepsake and dull bracelet for add-ons as they only affect blink and charge speeds so it won’t mess with your distance muscle memory. You should try and read your opponent a bit and gather what jukes they like to resort to when you initially encounter them with your two blinks. Don’t swing unless you know you will make the hit and don’t always immediately jump to your second blink when you miss the first one.
    2. You have to learn to adapt to each and every survivor as killer and this especially applies to nurse. If you aren’t already good with M1 killers, you’re going to have a lot more trouble learning nurse. I don’t recommend just blinking blindly but to instead get a basic grasp of what they might do before you react. Don’t force yourself to blindly predict if you don’t have to. After that, it’s up to you to determine the accuracy and distance to win the mindgame. 
    3. Again, it’s up to you to read your opponents and use past experiences to anticipate their next move. However, you shouldn’t always expect them to make the same move because good survivors like to switch it up. The thing with nurse, unlike other killers, is that she can quickly recover from mistakes and improve on them in the moment. When learning her, use her blinks to learn the survivors movements, not to try and immediately down them.
    4. Feel free to use ruin when learning her. Don’t let other players dictate what you can’t run just because you’re the nurse. For any nurse, I can recommend perks such as whispers, ruin, make your choice, NC, BBQ/Discordance and PGTW. Forgive me if I miss a few since there are plenty of perks that work with her. I would stray away from endgame perks when learning her since you’re not trying to make endgame plays, you’re trying to learn her blinks and map pressure. The perks I listed will work regardless of whether you’re a beginner or not but they will especially assist you as a beginner with plenty of map and generator information to work with.

• CantLoopTheEntity
    CantLoopTheEntity Member Posts: 2
    Options

@TaylorAmidala

Yes, I know that "trick", but it's not too useful for killing survivors, but sure its fun.

@ArcticRage

1. Charge speeds also part of your muscle memory dont they?

• ArcticRage
    edited August 2019
    Options

@CantLoopTheEntity

It’s subjective. Charge speeds only effect how fast you charge the blink distance, not the distance you reach. I did specify “distance muscle memory”. Distance add-ons mess with my muscle memory, not charge add-ons.