The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Adren and noed.

legionsunit
legionsunit Member Posts: 57
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

With adrenaline I thinks it's a crutch perk for survivors. It's the same as noed. The killer goes through all the work to chase someone and do everything correctly to have a survivor just stand back up in front of them kinda sounds like a crutch. I main killer and see both sides. Noed is never in my perk slots because I as a killer think it's a cheap way to win. Just like when I play survivor I don't use adren it's a cheap way to win. Let's be nice about this what are opinions on this topic. I don't want to know how to need or buff or any of that opinions on the topic of are they crutch perks for both sides. Please keep in mind you do not know how others play so don't call people liers or any of that. BE NICE. It's a discussion not a children's argument

Post edited by legionsunit on

Comments

• legionsunit

How is it ignorant winney or dishonest. It does the same thing the gens done the killer goes through all the work of chasing you and downing you so it's ok because it's the killer? I guess I don't understand it's cheap. You get slashed and laying on the ground bleeding out and can just stand up and run?

So it's dishonest I don't get it. I feel both are crutch perks. It is a actual intelligent comparison both are end game perks.

• legionsunit

And noed is so easily curved if the survs do the totems why can't a killer curve adren at the end of the game by doing something special like why can't the killer grab them as they try to stand up. I'm coming from the killer point of toxic survs that will wait until you are right on top of them to use it otherwise they just lay there and bleed. So sure the killer is dishonest for comparing noed to adren. I see it now (sarcasam)

• legionsunit

I play survivor to.quite a bit. And how am I lying? So can survivors stop crying about noed.

• legionsunit

They have one called adrenaline the killer does the work to get your hook riped away from him. Just like with noed survivors do all the work to just get hooked last second so the effect both ways. I'm not saying it should never be used. and I'm not and I'm not saying that It should be nerfed I am simply asking what is people's opinions on those two perks I'm not looking for arguments I don't care about arguments just opinions thanks. And before you go to start that I started the argument please reread the thread and have a great day!

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

Idk I've always compared noed to deadhard as u have to fail to get the benefit. I've never seen a fully healed survivor use it.

• TR_stonez
    TR_stonez Member Posts: 54

He's saying you can't compare them because one is rewarded for doing gens and completeing there job killer get rewarded for failing at his job yes they are both crutches but you can't compare them

• Cardgrey

@TR_stonez

There the same coin different sides. Adrenaline is a reward for gens yes. noed is the counterplay to it.

• legionsunit

Exactly so again I ask how is it ignorant whiney or dishonest to compare two perks are "two sides of the same coin"

• Cardgrey

In before anyone crys. you get gens. Hatch and again doors. Why should only survivors have hope. Also

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

You also forgot to mention if there is a key used and you close hatch it will proc adrenaline and can give you another free hatch/doors

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

NOED mitigates failure. It doesn't reward it.

You are always better off not letting NOED get to the point where it procs.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

NOED is fine, Adrenaline is fine. People need to stop calling every perk that doesn't work for THEIR side a crutch perk, and just own up to their own failings. NOED activated? You failed to do the totems. Adrenaline activated? You failed to stop the gens. I am so sick and tired of watching both sides pick at every aspect of this game the second it gives an advantage to the other side. We need to start taking our wins and losses with some dignity and stop finding ways to blame it on the other sides perks/addons/items/powers. Complaining that it isn't fair is a huge contribution to the bitterness and toxicity in this game from both sides, there seems to be this air of...forgetting this is a game.

I'll admit, I've been gaming since I was 12, I'm now edging very close to my 40's, so perhaps I'm a little old fashioned in my thinking, but i see difficult aspects of a game as a challenge.

NOED...I run a utility build that often includes small game, and occasionally a map. I'm not saying that's what people HAVE to do, but pointing out that I choose to do this in order to keep NOED off the table, and if i fail, then i can always hunt the damn totem down when its Activated. It is not a guaranteed win for the killer, they still have to hunt the survivors, close the hatch, hook and protect their hooks. If you throw yourself at a hooked survivor without thinking it through, that's your own fault,

Adrenaline...Literally only activates if the survivors do all the gens or the hatch is closed, and before you all cry "But Gen Rush!" Do you truly and honestly expect survivors to go slow at the only set objective they have in the game? Doing totems is a choice, purposely getting into a chase is a choice, doing gens is not. They get done or eventually the team dies. I know that killers would sure as s**t have something to say about being asked not to build up a snowball momentum because it makes the game harder for survivors.

I do not consider any of these perks to be "Cheap", how you play is how you play and there will always be a meta in any game you play. You take one away, and other will fall into place to pick up the slack, that's just the way it works. Asking people to not use strong perks is just asking them to handicap themselves for your benefit. That's not a challenge, that's just tailor made winning.

Please bear in mind this is all based on my OPINION, I don't ever claim my personal beliefs to be fact.

• Cardgrey

@Jdsgames

they give so many escapes cause they wanted to avoid hopelessness.Why would anyone think the killer wouldn’t get the same treatment.

Hey at least Adrenaline doesn’t have a in game counter. Unlike noed

• legionsunit

I honestly don't care if other are used in any game I play if I lose boowho I lost. If I win great. I personally don't use ither. I'm more interested in the different opinions people have and the conversation that is starts up. When I play survivor and the killer has noed great for him I do totems early. And if I'm killer IDC if the survs use adren just not toxicly.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2019

Actually if you compare the two:

Noed: Activates Once Generators are Done/Activation of End Game only if dull totems remain on the field.

• Rewarded for when Survivors do not do totems.
      • This Gives Exposed.
      • This Gives a Movement Speed Increase.
      • This is tied to a hex totem that spawns.
    • This does not reward a killer for playing poorly: If the killer kills you before end game it never procs. Therefore there are only fractional times this works out: End game hits with dull totem remaining.

Adrenaline: Activates Once Generators are Done/Activation of End Game on any survivors that are alive at this point.

• No real counter other than killing them. If you kill them all noed doesn't proc so you didn't gain anything from the perk anyway.
    • Rewarded for when Survivors do generators or End Game Starts 'Early'
      • This gives an instant heal.
      • This Ignores Exhaustion.
      • This gives a sprint burst effect.
      • This perk wakes you up when you are asleep.
      • This perk waits for any time you are available to use it.
      • No in game actual counter like totems this will always proc unless YOU die.
    Post edited by Jdsgames on
  • Cardgrey

It's not about comparing. say I'm chasing you as my wraith. I hit you and adrenaline pops u get you previous hit back. At that point without noed I can't stop you as long as u don't goof off I'm done.

It's why I don't run noed blood warden or remember me. I don't let the game go that far if I can help it.

• TR_stonez
    TR_stonez Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2019

Yeah it does just stop the gens then its unusable but people that run noed aren't good at doing that thats why they run it

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,283

If I kill 3 survivors before the first gen pops and close the hatch, thus activating my NOED and the last survivor's adrenaline...in what way did I fail and in what way did the survivor have a "huge success"?

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Adrenaline rewards a player for completing their objective, Surviving until all the generators are powered.

NOED rewards a player for not completing their objective, sacrificing.

The two do not equate.

But IF I even play the game now, I 100% run Small Game. If Small Game became a meta perk, you would quite literally never see NOED.

• undeadmauler
    undeadmauler Member Posts: 78

If I kill 3 of you and close the hatch you get rewarded for doing nothing. They're both end game perks they literally have the same requirement to active but one can be stopped by doing bones.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Adren only works if you can reach endgame, NoEd only work if you reach endgame, thats all

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241

This thread. Whooo boy, a lot of people missing the whole conversation part and just shouting their opinion into the void.

I'm surprised people are calling adrenaline a crutch perk. It's a snowball perk, a "win more" type of effect. Now, for people who don't follow, that doesn't mean it literally makes you win more because of it - a "win more" effect is something that gives you additional advantages specifically while you're already advantaged. This usually means turning a winning position into an even more dominant one, and is a common thing in card games.

This is not what a "crutch perk" would commonly do. Perks like Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, or the initial iterations on Mettle of Man were frequently labeled "crutches." These perks all had something in common: they delayed or prevented a fail-state (i.e. they prevented you from getting hooked, either by dodging a fatal blow, ignoring it, or by escaping the killer's grasp). They're all conditional, but their various conditions could come about regularly in a trial, without requiring the game state be advanced to an exact, one-time threshold.

Those perks are effectively the opposite of adrenaline: they're "comeback" perks. While the name is self-explanatory, I'll cover it anyway - comeback perks offer you a chance to come back from a losing position, delaying or entirely preventing what would have otherwise been a fail-state. This is a significant difference from a "win-more" perk, and why they're much more powerful in practice.

Now, after looking at these two different categories of perks, it should be obvious which category No One Escapes Death falls into. It does nothing for you in the scenarios where you find yourself in a powerful winning position, so it isn't a "win-more" perk. It does, however, possess the ability to turn a catastrophic game around. It can save what would otherwise be a 0-sacrifice trial, since just the knowledge that it's in effect can force otherwise altruistic survivors to leave their friends behind. It's obviously a "comeback" perk, or, and as this community has so lovingly decided to call them, a crutch perk.

Have fun in the fog

• LordGlint

If I kill 3 survivors, and close the hatch before the 4th guy can get it... wouldnt my NOED activating be considered "winning more"?

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Who cares if you don't want to use them... Doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to. They exist in the game for players to use.

Don't use them if you think they are crutch perks... everyone is allowed to have their opinion on it.

I don't understand what sort of discussion you are looking for here.. other than to voice you think they are crutch perks... which I have to say... Who cares if you do and don't use them. I certainly don't care.

good luck.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

Adrenaline rewards you only when you ignore another objectives, like healing and unhooking people. Even hooked guy gets a reward the moment he's unhooked AFTER final gen. Whole point of adrenaline is ignoring some side objectives that actually might cost you a game otherwise. Try escaping after all 5 gens done, when 2 of you still injured, 1 just got downed and one guy is on a hook.

Now, what was that about NOED rewarding you for ignoring objectives?

Cheers.

• SoylentPixie
    edited August 2019

Why is it assumed that the player has done "Nothing" all game?

And if you mean when you have someone slugged and they get back up.....well it's your job to find and hook the slugged person before closing hatch of they are literally the last one in the game.

• SoylentPixie
    edited August 2019

Uhhhh....no it doesn't?

I can do two gens, find 3 totems, unhook a survivor and adrenaline STILL will activate when all the gens are done. Don't assume people's playstyles because its convenient in order to put the perk down.

• avilmask

Or you can sit in a bush for the whole game and adrenaline STILL will activate when all the gens are done. Rewarded for what?

• SoylentPixie
    edited August 2019

So what? A killer can sit in a corner and NOED will still activate if survivors don't cleanse totems. Just as survivors can sit in a corner and Adrenaline doesn't activate because apparently you didn't sTop 3 people doing 5 gens. That's still not a good basis to whine about a perk "Well you can POTENTIALLY do nothing therefore its an unfair perk" That's ridiculous.

And no, i do not dislike NOED. The excuses for both are just getting real thin.

• avilmask

Exactly what you said. Neither perk rewards you for anything. They just trigger at the end game, and benefits may wary. That's all. People compare survs to killers like they do or not do something (on purpose or not). So our opinions aren't really opposing each other there.

• SoylentPixie

Since your first opinion was that Adrenaline only activates when you ignore other objectives like healing and unhooking, I'd have to say that they are.

• avilmask

I said it as opposition to opinion that NOED rewards bad play, but actually rewards it just as much as adrenaline rewards bad play from survs side ¯\(ツ)

• undeadmauler
    undeadmauler Member Posts: 78

Read the whole discussion, my point is that they're equal in the fact that they're end game perks and have a power curve as such. The only difference one can be completely negated by taking time to do so. They're is literally no point in trying to nerf noed anymore than there is trying to nerf adrenaline because they're balanced.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

just as ignorant, whiny or dishonest as calling NOED a "crutch perk for killers that rewards failure".

the perk is 100% survivor reliant.

do. the. totems.

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91

Noed IS the adrenaline counter. It counters adrenaline.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Copy-paste.

Neither perks need nerfs. Both are balanced in my opinion. NOED has counterplay. Adrenaline is a reward for doing Survivor objectives.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

You get rewarded, for being the last survivor alive. It's really not that complicated.

• marching_hyena
    marching_hyena Member Posts: 21

Although NOED is kind of a crutch, it literally has the easiest counter play. While NOED has the potential to reward Killers who have failed at their objective (and make good Killers all the more challenging to face), I see the perk as mostly being a punishment to Survivors. I've noticed a lot of people talking about second objectives being added into the game, well I have one for you, DO TOTEMS. If NOED activates, that means that (obviously) the Survivors failed to cleanse all the hex totems on the map. As mad as I get when I see the exposed status effect at the end of the match, I know that the first person I have to blame for that is myself and my teammates.

Although I see how Adrenaline can be considered a crutch, it's literally only a one time use perk and the haste status effect doesn't even last that long. Adrenaline rewards the Survivor for surviving the entire match and making it to endgame. If you're gonna complain about how unfair it is because of, "all the hard work put in to chase them", you probably weren't working that hard if all the gens were completed. (Or maybe you got 3 of the other Survivors and shut the hatch as that one guy has been suggesting. In this case, Adrenaline is more of a come back perk. Besides, do you think that Adrenaline really has the potential to save that last remaining Survivor? If you got all 3 and shut the hatch, Adrenaline or not, the chance of Survivor #4 escaping is pretty low lol.)

Personally, I don't run either of these perks, I think running endgame based perks is a bit of a waste and they take the spots of perks that could be used multiple times per match rather than just once or under one specific scenario.

I'm gonna end this by saying that, maybe both perks are a little bit of a crutch. I've mostly noticed that weaker/less skilled Survivors or Killers usually are the ones running Adrenaline or NOED. Both perks have the potential to save the game for a player who might of lost, or make the game an absolute victory for players already on the verge of winning. Are both perks fair? Yes, abolsutely. Should either be nerfed or removed from the game? No, absolutely not. No matter the side, the main objective of the game is to have fun, so my advice is to play the game using the perks that are most fun for you. If other players running these perks makes the game unfair for you, then I suggest finding a different game to play.

• LordGlint
    edited August 2019

Side note, what do you guys think about scrapping the 3rd effect adrenaline has that ONLY affects Freddy? Seems kinda odd that a meta perk has an addition effect that JUST screws over 1 killer. Ppl have made the argument that it makes sense with what a shot of adrenaline would do irl, but this is a videogame and Im already having to suspend some believe for things to make sense. I get that while a shot of adrenaline irl will wake you up, it definitely will NOT heal up a chainsaw wound.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

Jebaited

And here we see a reddit killer main, comparing adrenaline with noed. Look at this. It's so ugly. But we all have to do so that we appreciate him. We give him the feeling that he's right.

You are right Sir! We always should appreciate your words of wisdom.

But please, in the love of god. Dont share your really wisdom words with people in the forums. We dont deserve them. We are incomplete, not like you. So please, just leave <3