We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Pig Buffs

I used to be a pig main, and the reason I'm not anymore is because of how weak she is. I'm not saying she's as bad as legion or bubba, but her core mechanics aren't strong at all. The solution? Well, I think she should be buffed, and here's a few ways I would do so.

1: revert the endgame nerf. If you don't know what this is, its basically where reverse bear Traps don't activate if they're put on the survivor after the last gen has been completed. This makes Pig a lot less fun to play, as nothing feels better than seeing a survivor think they can just waltz through the exit gates with a RTB on and they die because of it. However, with this nerf, they can.

2: reduce the amount of time for the RTB to kill a survivor, and/or make the Jigsaw Boxes take longer to search. One annoying thing about Pig, is that you can only really get RTB kills by using add ons, or by extreme luck. I get that RTB kills can be considered cheap and easy, but it'll make Pig an actual good killer (only problem is it'll make salty survivor mains beg the devs to nerf her again if the buff is implemented).

I'm not sure what other buffs could be added without major balancing issues, but if you have any ideas - or think my ideas could use tweaking - then please let me know.

Comments

• AceZathura123
    AceZathura123 Member Posts: 3

Agreed

• virtushda
    virtushda Member Posts: 17

I agree with (1), but disagree with (2).

RTB kills are extremely lame(death by RNG), the point is to force the survivor to waste time on pain of death.

You could make the trap timer a bit longer, but also make it so the first box searched is never the right one. This would be a fat buff for piggy, while avoiding RNG death. I wouldn't have that be the case after gates are powered though, that'd be too much.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

Point of trials is to give sacrifice. Ability to kill is rare and usually requires an offering or work to get. It would be indeed lame to avoid whole sacrificing part by making RBT actually kill people consistently. Yet it also lame that you don't need to care about RBTs after gens are done. I would like to see them actually work, but slow down the EGC. Still can't escape, but not pressed for it AS much. There is a possibility of hatch play anyway. And first try escapes are the lamest. Still I wouldn't make it "baseline" to deny removal from the first box, but I would love to see an add-on that would do that (key in the first searched box is always a fake one).

• TaylorAmidala
    TaylorAmidala Member Posts: 18

I agree! The first time I saw a survivor walk out the gate with a trap on their head I was very disappointed :/

• rrichard023
    rrichard023 Member Posts: 10

Actually, that would be a great idea. The amount of times I've played Pig with very rare add ons, only to have 2 or 3 of the survivors get their Traps off first try is maddening. In fact, if that was implemented, I might go back to maining Pig.

• rrichard023
    rrichard023 Member Posts: 10

I totally agree. The EGC change would dramatically change the feel of it, while still retaining balance. Also, the add on idea is good, but I think that it should be in the base kit, personally. Keeping with the idea of add ons though, I think that Pig should have more and/or tweaked add ons, as the current ones do get stale after a bit.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

1) I am all for changing the interaction between Pig and EGC, but simply making Traps work again with no substitute I am not. Pausing the EGC timer while someone is wearing a Trap is a good way to do this.

2) Deliberately pushing Traps to kill more is not the right way to make Pig better IMO. Shortening the timer is not how I would do this. Making Box searching take longer couuuuuuld maybe be an option, but something would have to be done to make sure that it does not become problematic with Bag/Crate of Gears.

• Demian
    Demian Member Posts: 89

The reason to revert the endgame nerf: Survivors can stop opening of the gate in 99%. EGC does not start.

What I want to do as The Pig: I put active RBT on a survivor, open the gate and start EGC myself.