Why so much GF hate?

Avariku
Avariku Member Posts: 608

I don't understand how so many can act like ghostface isn't strong...

He has the best of Pig and Michael together.

insta-crouch and Insta-downs to top it off... I rarely have any trouble out of survivors when I play ghostface (Though I readily admit I avoid red ranks like the plague, no pun intended)

Comments

• Avariku

I will agree that the reveal bit is painfully inconsistent, but I still rarely have trouble with survivors like so many others say.... and I refuse to agree he needs any kind of buff at the moment. I just don't see how anyone could have any true hard time playing him so long as they use his insta-down properly.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I still consider him weaker than Myers and Pig.

And I think his cooldown at base should be buffed, 30 seconds is too much, especially for such buggy power.

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213

I play ghostface a bit and I do enjoy him, however there are plenty of games especially against a SWF where you get revealed far too frequently, and spend a lot of the match as an M1 killer. That said, on games where you do get successful stalks and downs, ghostface can be very powerful.

I will say, he lacks pressure. When stalking, marking and chasing a single survivor you’re putting a lot of dedication and time into one person. Considering without perks he had no map/gen pressure, this can sometimes be inefficient. But with a good perk build, with things like Ruin and/or Pop Goes and/or Thrilling, it’s ok.

My other problem is the reveal mechanic, as others have said it is inconsistent for both killer and survivor side. I also believe hooked survivors should not be able to reveal GF from across the map because they literally have nothing else to do on the hook but look around for the killer especially if SWF.

Overall though, I’d say he’s in a pretty good place, though much better with a strong perk set and add-ons that speed everything up a bit.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Ghostface is fun to use but he is pathetic at the high ranks. I mean, good survivors won't let GF use his power properly

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

This is the problem, I can stare at him from 5 feet away and not break him... or glance across the map and get the reveal bonus... no rhyme or reason. I play him for BP because I have 40+ gateau on him still and he's alright, kind of meme-ish

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496

I'm of the opinion that Survivors should NOT control a Killer's power.

Killer is supposed to be the power role, but the Survivor has the power to turn his ability off?

Hard to be scary when someone with a 360 degree see-everywhere camera can negate you around a corner while staying hidden.

• Avariku

again, his buggy reveal aspect is just that... bugged.

it shouldn't work the way it does and needs to be addressed...

but other than that I don't see the problem... if a survivor pops me out of shroud I just hunt them down since the game essentially told me "psst, they're hiding behind that bush to your left."

that and most of the time (MOST of the time) I have someone stalked by the time I'm popped so I can just put them down anyway.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I think he's pretty good, I do well with him at high ranks personally and I think he's pretty fun. Of course his revealing is a bit inconsistent but I feel like some people just don't play him right

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

The real extent of whether the devs ruined him or not will be revealed when they fix him..honestly..I'm not optomistic considering how the devs handle killer "changes"...I've just gotten my Hope's up too many times these last few chapters

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

I honestly think he’s annoying. It’s so annoying being automatically exposed at the beginning of the game sometimes.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I love Ghostface! If you play him right he's amazing imo

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

As much as i love ghostface he's got a lot of buggy things about his kit that are just super unfun on both sides.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

He's an okay killer, just not very fun to play against.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I don't see why people go gungho stalker you need to pick your moments stalk from afar and if your right up on someone and they are less than ~50% stalked just hit them its more efficient if they are more than 50% go for the expose but for the most part you want to be enough to stalk without bing notice of which is why I say red forest is best for him

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

I love him. It's always fun to play against him, as well as to play with him. He's my favourite killer with a strong ability which can be easily countered if you are vigilant and spot him before he fully stalked you.

I think Myers is stronger than him, but a match with Ghostface brings me much more fun than with Michael, regardless which side I play.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

It's because he is a killer based off getting the element of surprise some don't understand this so they think he's trash.

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

It's a bit trash because at high ranks you don't have time to set up surprises. It's a funny mechanic, but should be adjusted so it can works even at red ranks.

It's the same old problem: devs balance this game around rank 12-10.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Ghostface: Look at me to take my power away!

Spirit: Look at me and die

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

in my opinion.. ghostface already ruined the game. the reveal is so buggy, i look at him for 5 sec straight and still get the exposed. this and the new freddy are reason im considering to stop playing survivor, it's not fun anymore especially solo is crap

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

but yeah i agree i don't see why people think he is trash. he's maybe too good.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Because he's a M1 killer with a big terror radius. That's why.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

against compitent survivors, most of the time his power means nothing

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

honesty, i just recently started playing him - and i played him before i got any good stuff on him so i literally ran around rank 6 with thrilling tremors tier 1 as my only perk - and i very much enjoyed him.

he opens up so many pathes for possible mindgames its amazing!

i cant stop playing him now... yeah okay the stalk aint amazing, but the ability to just turn off your TR and red stain is sooo gooood!

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited August 2019

because a lot of maps make his power almost useless and against decent survivors he is trash. in the end he is still an m1 killer with a power that gets controlled by the survivors (like plagues one btw). so much fun pls more killers like that! also playing against low ranks and/or bad survivors doesnt mean the killer is good. i 4k all day with wraith and yet he is one of the worst killers.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited August 2019

I did, but a survivor happened to lock his camera on a pixel of my cape and locked me out of my buggy terror radius suppressor for 30 seconds.

Seriously, teabagging is the only thing Loser Face™ is good for. Everything else, the Shape can do it far better.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited August 2019

Basically this

It's inconsistent as hell. Stared at a GF from the other side of a pallet and it didn't work, but then I stared at him from atop a combine outside of his heartbeat and it got him.

Just why.

• purplerain
    purplerain Member Posts: 92

more like his cooldown is so long and he can be stopped from his power while nurse or billy has better power but no cooldown .

• UltraBanana
    UltraBanana Member Posts: 100

It's pretty quick with the cooldown add-ons; which you can run literally every game if you are using BBQ and getting your 4 stacks and using BP offerings. Even if they are aware enough to not let you stalk them to exposed, his power is usually enough to get you a free m1 to start the chase.