Players will no longer be able to fall below R15...

Options
Sythalin
Sythalin Member Posts: 280

... which solves literally nothing as far as people purposely depipping. R15 becomes the new R20, that's all. It's just an illusion of change, just like the illusion of choice when playing slot machines.

Comments

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Options

Well, the rank reset can still drop you below rank 15. Anyone who doesn't at least make it to rank 12 will reset to 16 or lower at the end of the season.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

No. It helps. Stop being so negative.

It keeps the chill and relaxed/new players in a specific ranking. If you get to 15, you'll never fall below that. Which keeps people separate. So if newer or bad players can't get past 16, they are forever in that 16-20.

Which is fine for them. No worries. They are trying to make things better and don't need your pessimistic attitude to go with it.

ah, so there is hope for staying with the baddies then?
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options

It keeps the chill and relaxed/new players in a specific ranking. If you get to 15, you'll never fall below that. Which keeps people separate. So if newer or bad players can't get past 16, they are forever in that 16-20.

Which is fine for them. No worries. They are trying to make things better and don't need your pessimistic attitude to go with it.

i dont think this will affect you.
  • snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    edited July 2018
    Options

it allows new players and killers to learn the game against equally nooby people instead of r1 !@#$!boy squads using a r20 friend to mess with people.

• Lowbei
    Options
    snozer said:

it allows new players and killers to learn the game against equally nooby people instead of r1 !@#$!boy squads using a r20 friend to mess with people.

who hurt you?
  • Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535
    Options

@Sythalin said:
    ... which solves literally nothing as far as people purposely depipping. R15 becomes the new R20, that's all. It's just an illusion of change, just like the illusion of choice when playing slot machines.

It solves the "RANK 20's" with 4 purple perks and purple items/addons from crushing our brand new people and tainting the game for them. Often causing them to just refund the game.

• Lowbei
    Options
    Outland said:

@Sythalin said:

It solves the "RANK 20's" with 4 purple perks and purple items/addons from crushing our brand new people and tainting the game for them. Often causing them to just refund the game.

true.

• Sythalin
    Sythalin Member Posts: 280
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Outland said:

@Sythalin said:

No, it doesn't. People who want to harass rank 20s clearly don't care about their rank and will just DC if they think they're going to pip from a match.

People can call me pessimistic all they want, I'll be looking forward to the apologies 2-3 weeks after it's implemented when the forums are still spammed with "new" players complaining about others who keep DCing to avoid ranking up so they can get EZWINS.

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2018
    Options

"No, it doesn't. People who want to harass rank 20s clearly don't care about their rank and will just DC if they think they're going to pip from a match."

They also never lose so they will have to DC every game, do you think NEVER earning BP/shards for the rest of the games lifetime will be something they want to do?
    They will be at rank 15 de-ranking back to 15 after a couple of rank ups.
    Still means that new players will be a lot better off than they are now.

You cannot lose pips below rank 15 and killers that play below rank 15 on purpose always stomp all over the survivors, they will be pipping at least +1 every-single-game which means they will have to DC every-single-game, not going to happen.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Outland said:

@Sythalin said:

So they play some games (without being able to depip), right back to where depippers would be at, the 15-16 area.

What's stopping matchmaking from this same bullshit to happen anyway? I've seen Rank 1 Survivors go up against 20 Killers.

Once they get to 15-16 it's back to bullying and the new players leave.

This fixes nothing.

• Doom_Punk
    Options

If this game wasn't a gangbang simulator and a stress test for Killers, this wouldn't even be an issue.

But alas, bad balance.

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232
    Options

I hate despize seeing maxed out top tier perk killers at rank 10-20 it's a joke especially nurses it's so unfair but they derank on purpose so they can bash noobs and average players because they get schooled at high rank that's why they deliberately quit games.

• Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94
    Options

It makes a difference because I currently was reset to rank 18 down from 11 and it's the absolute worst. I'm either playing against a killer who's much better than me or teammates who try to free themselves from the hook on the first time.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

@ChraizE said:
    I hate despize seeing maxed out top tier perk killers at rank 10-20 it's a joke especially nurses it's so unfair but they derank on purpose so they can bash noobs and average players because they get schooled at high rank that's why they deliberately quit games.

Rank 10??? to 20??? It is normal to have maxed out perks around rank 10?

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

@Esheon said:
    Well, the rank reset can still drop you below rank 15. Anyone who doesn't at least make it to rank 12 will reset to 16 or lower at the end of the season.

That will no longer be the case when these changes come along.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Most people apparently forget that you can't depip at R20-R15 so bashing new players will inevitably lead to the ranks where you won't get matched with them anymore unless you plan on purposefully losing all the time to noobs cause you wanna stay there.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    ChraizE said:

Oh survivors do this as well. You can find SWF deathsquads with 4x DS, SC, SB and 2x BT, Unbreakable + 2-4 flashlights on rank 20. 
    They do this for educational purposes only.
  • Doom_Punk
    Options

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Most people apparently forget that you can't depip at R20-R15 so bashing new players will inevitably lead to the ranks where you won't get matched with them anymore unless you plan on purposefully losing all the time to noobs cause you wanna stay there.

They'll eventually pip up to those ranks (since pipping isn't hard) so it essentially just moves the noob zone from 20 to 15.

I've seen Rank 1 Survivors with 80 hours in the game and they clearly play like #########.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Doom_Punk said:

They'll eventually pip up to those ranks (since pipping isn't hard) so it essentially just moves the noob zone from 20 to 15.

I've seen Rank 1 Survivors with 80 hours in the game and they clearly play like #########.

They should increase the pips to reach rank 15 and maybe dissable double pips for the noob ranks.

• Doom_Punk
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@Doom_Punk said:

They should increase the pips to reach rank 15 and maybe dissable double pips for the noob ranks.

I think that would be much better, yeah. It'd take a while to get to 15 which would be plenty of games to learn.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Sythalin said:

It will help new players not to play against old SWF squads/bully killers so they actually have some learning curves.
    Stop being so negative.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options
    This new ranking will help a lot actually, it mostly helps for high rank players who have to deal with lobby simulator 
  • raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20
    Options

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Esheon said:

That will no longer be the case when these changes come along.

Actually, it will - what Mojo describes is the new ranking system.

You will no longer be able to drop below rank 15 except for the rank reset.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

The only issue I see is that match making will probably suffer. They are splitting them up.. so will match making not allow R16 and below to play a R15? Should be interesting.. I almost would like to bet, that the match making queue will take forever when you are in that bottom r20 to r16.... and r15 area.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited July 2018
    Options

@TheBean good point long que times kill the experience. Too many other games to play, to deal with 15-20 minute wait times on lobbies. Newer players will be turned off. That will kill the next generation of the player base.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Lowbei said:

i dont think this will affect you.

it's a good thing i have something going for me in real life or i might consider that information important or even defining.  could you imagine the horror of such?  oh wait, you don't have to.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@ChraizE said:

I don't play often at all anymore and even less so as killer so with all the season resets I'm a almost full P3 killer list stuck at rank 20-15. Its not just people who de-rank that get here but also people that don't play the role often.

• ChraizE
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@ChraizE said:

I don't play often at all anymore and even less so as killer so with all the season resets I'm a almost full P3 killer list stuck at rank 20-15. Its not just people who de-rank that get here but also people that don't play the role often.

Yeah you and every other low ranked killer with maxed out perks -_- *smh*

• MegaWaffle
    Options

@ChraizE said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@ChraizE said:

Yup. I'm sure a lot of Killers who now play survivor or different games are not around enough to rank up. Between work and life I maybe get in a match or two a day. So with the broken rank system you will always see "decked out" killers and "decked out" survivors at low ranks. I honestly think rank should be removed.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    I don't understans why the devs don't just make every color a bracket and stop depipping from dropping you a bracket.  Season reset would only reset your bracket and the only way to rank down a bracket would be to not play for a season (30 days or so).  Only allow matching within a brackey and match SWF to the lowest ranked player in the group.  Derankng problem solved, SWF matching solved, more fun for everyone (except toxics). 

There are probably 100 other solutions, probably many of them better.  How is this so difficult?   It's not rocket surgery.
  • ChraizE
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@ChraizE said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@ChraizE said:

Yup. I'm sure a lot of Killers who now play survivor or different games are not around enough to rank up. Between work and life I maybe get in a match or two a day. So with the broken rank system you will always see "decked out" killers and "decked out" survivors at low ranks. I honestly think rank should be removed.

a match or two per day? seriously that's like 20 minutes total....I would bother gaming if I were THAT busy to where I'd only have 20 minutes spare per day that's ridiculous.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    snozer said:

who hurt you?

“Mommy Claudette beats me with a purple flashlight and auntie Laurie stabs me with a piece of wood. Papa Jake always destroys my toys and uncle Dwight’s just really mean.”

—Bubba “Junior” Sawyer

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

the entire point of the change is so new players don't get ######### steamrolled by depipped smurfing.

• raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20
    Options

@ChraizE said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@ChraizE said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@ChraizE said:

a match or two per day? seriously that's like 20 minutes total....I would bother gaming if I were THAT busy to where I'd only have 20 minutes spare per day that's ridiculous.

That's what having a job, house, family and responsibilities is like sometimes. But your solution to having very limited leisure time is to not use that time for leisure? How does that make sense?

My usual 'solution' to only having twenty minutes or half an hour to spare for gaming is to spend an hour a day gaming, then either spend the following day tired because I stayed up late, or stressed out about the things I'd neglected to do so I could play.

• MegaWaffle
    Options

@ChraizE said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@ChraizE said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@ChraizE said:

Welcome to real life my friend. Its not all sunshine and rainbows.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    Options

All this will do is to promote deranking on purpose and staying in the 16-20 range. The BM and crummy tacts start at rank 20 and is done by those who just had a rank reset and those that derank on purpose.

So, now all new people will face nothing but former high ranked players that get their kicks bullying new killers who will shortly thereafter leave the game, no doubt. Instead of once a month being bullied they could ge tthis every game now. What fun.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177
    Options

best way to go about this is Hours.
    so let's say someone is deranking on purpose.....they keep deranking , yet accumulating hours...soon enough, they have X amount of hours. At X amounts of hour, they are capped to a certain rank. so even if they're at rank 20, they get upped to Rank X and can no longer go down, even at rank reset. so no high skill players can ever go down.

• skynight
    skynight Member Posts: 38
    Options

I like that the devs are keeping new players in mind and giving them at least a little while to get accustom to the game before being "thrown to the wolves", as it were. :-P

I do worry that Rank 15 will now be "the gates of hell." A poor newb learns a few tricks, graduates out of the protected ranks just to have a cesspool of trollers waiting for them at the first available rank. shutter Rank 15 could become a merciless proving ground.

I really look forward to seeing how this impacts quality of life for all players. Thank you again for thinking of the community as a whole and not just one segment.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205
    Options

Just gotta keep the new players safe for 2+ hours so they don't refund. nods then there stuck in hell with the rest of us \o/

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I'm all for this change myself. It keeps the brand new players from having to deal with the smurfs and low-life's of this community in those first few hours.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296
    Options

I mean in general i find the new changes good especially that you dont rank below 10 if you are rank 1 but it wont do much tbh. There is no real matchmaking and its nearly impossible to derank, I cant think of the last time i deranked thats how long ago it was. Safety pip is just too easy to get.

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    Options

As someone that usually stays at rank 20 as killer on console even though I have over 1500 hours and 1400/1700 achievement points on DBD I can tell you what I was doing and what I will be doing.

What I was doing is as soon as I hit rank 18 I would throw 3 games and be back at rank 20, it only takes 6 pips to go from 20-18.
    What I will be doing after the patch is starting at rank 15, as soon as I hit 13 which is 8 pips I wil throw 4 games and be back at rank 15 again.
    I will continue to dodge SWF groups and I will continue to check every players DBD gamerscore in the lobby to avoid players with over 1000 DBD gamer score before I ready up.
    See you at rank 15!

As survivor nothing will change, I'll continue to play for rank and try to get at least +1 pip every game like I usually do on the way to rank 1.
    Survivor works in reverse, the low ranks are TERRIBLE as a solo survivor, all you get is random new players who DC when they are losing and killers doing what I do with maxed out perks and thousands of hours.

However I do think this new ranking system will do that it's intended to do, and that is stop new people that are playing their first few survivor matches having just bought the game from going up against "twink" or "smurf" killers with thousands of hours and maxed out perks because those killers will be waiting at rank 15 instead after the patch.