What are you most thankful for the devs that they did to DBD?

DoomOrb
DoomOrb Member Posts: 170
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

Hi, it's me. DoomOrb, and I'm here today to ask you this.

What are you most thankful for the devs that they did to DBD? I want to know one thing that you personally think the devs did correctly. No negative here, just tell me the positive. This could be game balance, a chapter, reworks, anything at all.

Me personally I love the Freddy Rework. They really did a pretty good job on that rework.

With Love, DoomOrb

Post edited by PatBrutal on

Comments

• Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256

I'm grateful for Bill on PS4, shout out to my Bill's

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304

Taking a step towards fixing an uncontrollable variable, as a key game mechanic. ie, getting rid of the moonlight offerings.

They pretended like they actually had total control over a persons monitor brightness settings and vid card brightness/color controls when the game was on the drawing board and made it part of the game play which was beyond moronic. Moving away from that was a HUGE step in the right direction.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Now that I am bored of killer again, I am thankful for all the survivors that I can P3, currently have 7 p3 50 survivors. :)

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Well, I love their new content but the things I MUST thank them for is the removal of the pallet vacuum and the nerfing of old DS and MoM

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304

You should fix the title of the thread though man. It's a very newbro type thing to do on the webz.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

I'm thankful the devs made the game in the first place.

It's my cathartic stress reliever these days, and whether it's playing killer or survivor, it's easy to forget the distress of life in ye old murder simulator

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I love how hands on and open the devs are. People complain about it but they really are great. A lot game companies don't do what they do.

I am grateful for the Freddy Rework. It made my love playing him :)

I am grateful for Ash and Bill. Not their own characters but characters I enjoy and love seeing in the game!

I started playing DEC 2018 and I honestly adore this game. Its all I want to play. A+++

Most of all I am grateful that devs keep improving and adding onto this game :)

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

No more pallet vacuum and End game collapse are my favorite changes to this game.

I love the licensed chapters even if they they aren't top tier

Oh yeah and the Freddy Rework

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

Trying to transfer over to a less "pay to play anything but basic bob and the quadruplets" aspect with the shards for killers/survs system. I'd never liked that a full priced game charged for some of the things in the game and this is a nice middle ground.

• DoomOrb
    DoomOrb Member Posts: 170

Nah is fine as it is. Is supposed to be like a clickbait thing or stuff like that. Though if I wanted to make it extra click bait I would make the title like my "To All Of You Super Tryhard Survivors".

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

no voicechat

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    edited August 2019

I have a couple things both old and new.

For the old stuff it's 100% the pallet vacuum removal, that was just beautiful to see and the big perk rework they did for both sides, it made quite a lot of perks actually useable or fun at least.

For more recent times I've got to say the EGC is a very nice addition and the inclusions of Bill on console and one of my favorite horror characters ever Ash are just the cherry on top.

There's also of course the usual bug fixes and balance patchs that are always welcome but these are some things that really stand out to me.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I love the slasher theme (I am a huge '80s slasher fan), the asymmetrical play, and all the strategic nuance. It also has some very creative character designs.

I nitpick a lot of the game's flaws, but at the end of the day, I'm here because I enjoy playing it. There's a lot to love about DBD, and it's still the genre king for asymmetrical survival horror.

• xxplayerjuanxx
    xxplayerjuanxx Member Posts: 18

I am grateful for the Saw chapter, for that was the reason I really got into DBD. Also Bill coming to console.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I am thankfull for devs releasing Spirit ( my favourite killer ) and for devs killing Mettle of Man ( which was a stupid perk ).

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Remove infinites.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

I’m grateful they nerfed DS.. That perk was an absolute BS before the nerf.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

One of Pigs new cosmetics, not the fact that it's cosmetic on a liscened character, but the fact that the one I bought is Amanda's outfit from Saw III which jusg brings me so much joy! Since she is my fav character from the original three films.

• undeadmauler
    undeadmauler Member Posts: 78

Legion cosmetics and overall game stability changes

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

I'm so incredibly thankful to the developers for putting my 2 all time favorite horror film killers Michael Myers and Ghostface in the game. Dream come true for me :)

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Of course, I admit old MoM was dumb, but Of course a Spirit main would say this, they always do.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

The whole idea of making a game designed around slashers.

Enabling long time horror fans to play as icons such as Leatherface and Myers is great, but playing as the original killers is also mostly a very enjoyable experience.

I like how they went for the warping killer, the teleporting one, the invisible ones, the evil laughing one, etc. Most of the staples of the horror genre are there, and there are many more still coming.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

I am directly thankful for the amazing @Patricia for listen to our request to remove the pallet stun sfx, that red flash.

I love her, for how she handled that and how fast they reacted after she brought it up.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited August 2019
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,241

Reworking MoM and DS. Those perks were extremely problematic from a balance perspective in their original forms when multiple survivors ran them in the same trial. It always felt terrible to have hits ignored or have your first down of the game get negated.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Spirit.

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112

they changed Decisive strike from its horribly broken state

I recently watched an old DBD video on YouTube and the person got D striked three times in one game. I remember how triggered I use to get from that lol

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156

In the moment i would say the MoM nerf.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900
    edited August 2019

Bringing Michael Myers into the game.

And of course Dwight. The greatest pizza delivery guy there ever was.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

I'm thankful for the freddy rework:D because now he's one of my mains.

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434

I am thankful for licensed killers and survivors.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

DS and MoM reworks. Both were disgustingly strong in nearly every game and made it constantly frustrating to play killer and be punished for doing what you should.

That said, I really wish they'd scrap it entirely and make a whole new perk, because it's garbage right now, and broken again with only slight changes. Just make it a perk designed to counter 1 shots, not basic hits.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,370

MoM rework, Legion rework (needs reworked to be made stronger again though), removal of hatch stand offs, introduction of the cosmetics store, fixing pallet drops after the curtain call update ruined them, most changes really, they do a great job of balance imo.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I'm thankful they added the original 1974 Leatherface. Without Bubba I would have stopped playing killer ages ago.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Getting rid of pallet vacuum was a great step.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I personally loved the Wraith cube, that's what made me become a killer main for a while

I still hope for a proper buff to my boy Mr. Bing Bong

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited August 2019

Most thankful:

The Legion change

The "when someone has a DC, there wont be a 3v1 anymore" change

The "When someone has a DC you dont loose your offering" change

Endgame Collapse

Several Movie Killers like Ghostface, Myers, Freddy etc

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Introduction of the EGC. No holding the game hostage for 30+ minutes after the gens are done to make the killer dc. More important than the removal of hatch stand-offs.

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

Just keeping this game rolling and not giving up on further development because of overwhelming criticisms on the forum. IMO there's way too much of it here. No, it's not a perfect game. I don't know of any that are. However, it must be enjoyable for us or we wouldn't be strolling through the Fog. ✌