We need a practice mode

johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I know there’s kill your friends and survive with friends, but how about a solo mode in a random or chosen map?

getting used to killer powers, turning corners with survivors, judging distance of bottles throws, axes, plague spit, how far legion sprints, etc.

Comments

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I’ve actually done a couple game series lately as killer practicing and playing with he graphic settings so the survivors are getting good BP and getting out alive but I’m sure some are sad about no real gameplay

• ImAGirl
    ImAGirl Member Posts: 147

I've had to practice my Clown bottle throws and Huntress hatchets in matches. Thing is, I still killed a person or two. lol

• BabyNurseIsa
    BabyNurseIsa Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2019

I wish they did too honestly. So people don't get their butt kicked in their current rank whenever they're trying out a new killer.

The best alternative to this is getting a friend and making a kfy lobby, then practicing using perks/killers with them there. But that still takes time and effort of another person.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Yes yes yes, I've suggested this many times before and I'm happy others think so as well. I hope we can get it as soon as possible.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Yeah, with "cheats" like infinite hits so you don't have to heal up every time which allows quicker testing of stuff

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2019

I suggest against this. You never know if there is some form of exploit that would bring these into the main game. Maybe a slider or some form to affect an action like healing time to make it instant. However, pre-programmed cheats are sometimes not good.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

We shouldn't be afraid about every single thing. If the devs code carefully there will be no exploit.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

Wake Up, Infinite Mending Legion, Sprint Burst Exploit, Tinker Exploit........ I do have to say they can code carefully and still make mistakes.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Absolutely. I'd especially love to test out PTB stuff like powers and maps without needing to convince a group of people to download a massive patch that they'll have to uninstall an hour later.

• cabbagehead
    cabbagehead Member Posts: 2

100%!!!!

Ive been playing for a bit over a month now and i cant seem to get better with flashlight, keys or maps. i cant EVER outrun a killer as a survivor because i dont have a way to practice. I cant seem to get the mechanics of killers because EVERY ONE OF THEM plays with different movments, skills and abilities and i cant practice anything without the stress of fastpaced gameplay. huntress and the clown both throw stuff but the mechanics arent even similar. teleporting with nurse, spirit, hag and freddy is not the same. I play on a console so my movement and controls are different so watching youtube videos is only slightly helpful. on top of all that, this rank reset thing just kicked in... and i am the worst player in every match i play. I would like to see an advanced tutorial as well as a low skill bot to practice using items, abilities and movement. a place to practice using ultra rare items without loosing them. I am seriously regretting ever buying this game

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Yeah they just need to make it so you can enter kyf solo

• Ghostingmyteammates
    Ghostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

Some sort of Solo KYF where you can try different addons,perks combos on both killer and survivor.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

I made a very similar post suggesting this a few months ago. If you don't mind, check it out and let me know what you think!

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/63485/a-practice-mode-for-chasing-in-tutorials#latest

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Something like this really should be in the game already. Imagine being able to practice your Hillbilly curving skills on any map.

Having friends joins would also be a plus. Maybe add a option that would make survivors unable to be downed. This would allow killers to practice their skills in a much more time effective manner.

This discussion has been closed.