Additions to current objectives or a new secondary objective?

I'll try and make this as short and sweet as possible. So I feel like most of the community agrees that games go by way too fast and want something to increase the games length. I've seen many posts on the forums, reddit and various places about ideas to increase game time but I feel the best one I've seen is parts for gens or a whole new secondary objective of varying degrees. So which would you prefer, adding onto current objectives with the parts idea, a whole new objective, both or do you have some better ideas?

Comments

• karatinac97
    karatinac97 Member Posts: 210

It would be nice to get an additional thing for survivors to do. Maybe after the gens are done... Could be something like: you need to find some sort of in-map key (different from the keys you can take in) to open the gates as well as opening using the lever. Maybe the keys could be hooked on walls - there's always 1 in the basement. Or there is a separate little door next to one of the gates which you need a special in-map key to open but it shuts after 1 survivor goes through. So you can choose to find keys during the match or at the end. Might be dumb...

It's hard to think of what else survivors can do 🤔

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited August 2019

I made a post about a secondary(or new primary) objective with a balance change to Moris. If you want to look at it.

the idea is basically to make moris something the killer has the option to do after 2 hooks and a down, but they obviously still get more points for hooks. Then remove all the mori offerings with a replacement that would be a fun new objective.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Honestly, I mostly agree with you, I'm just looking at this more as a way to spice up gameplay.

• Cornpopers_Evan

I would take anything at this point to add some much needed variety, chapter 13 can't come soon enough.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

The problem with this is NOED would need to be nerfed into the ground as it would screw the survivors over a lot my second issue is this would reward the killer by just camping as it would take longer to open the gates...

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

If the game last longer, the actual balance of the game is dead. It's 100% true that longer games are more deaths for killers.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Actually you could get the fuse at any point including starting with one

• Impala
    Impala Member Posts: 145

I think they are trying to balance the game as best they can the way it is right now. It's pretty hard to implement something new without unbalancing the game even more than its current state. Also, this is a very busy year for them so we know for sure that we won't have something new gameplaywise for a while.

Don't we have secondary objectives? Cleansing totems? I know you don't care about those, but that's why a killer gets ez kills with noed.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited August 2019

Yep. Once again “We need more objectives for longer games” is simply code for “I want more kills every game.” I’ve yet to see anyone propose an idea that adds to both sides for longer games, in other words, something that’s balanced? It’s always survivors need to search for parts, gas, or have longer gen repairs...meanwhile killer operates as normal where they can still camp and tunnel as they please, with nothing additional to slow them from “kill-rushing”. The typical response is killers wouldn’t play like that if they had more time, and that is complete BS. Add to both sides or don’t add to either.

• AWesley91
    AWesley91 Member Posts: 151

They should run a ptb where the objectives are longer. It would be interesting to see what happens to % of killer players and survivor players... Right now 80% of players need to main survivor and 20% killer. What happens when you add more objectives and end up with 50/50 ratio?

• Cornpopers_Evan

I actually cleanse totems as much as possible, in fact, I'm usually the only one doing so sometimes because I'm mostly a solo guy.

• Feck3
    Feck3 Member Posts: 15

If there was a second obj than it should be like the lanterns from the moonlight event

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I don't think they'll do a mandatory secondary objective.

The Devs have shown, and clarified several times that the kill rate is above 50%, adding any more time in the game at this rate will cause that number to rise and put it in a state that makes it unfun for survivors.

However, I do see the use an objective that you gain good BP for completing, this can work for both sides, survivors either do 50/50 and do gens and BP reward, and any BP things not completed will reward the killer, regardless of herbs fine, escapes, amount of hooks. It has to be beneficial to both sides but not something killers have to focus on protecting but ranges time away from survivors.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394

Just make totem cleansing mandatory so we can finally see the last of the daily NOED posts. Two birds, one stone!

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

That doesn't solve anything. Having a perk attached to an objective that survivors HAVE to do completely nullifies it entirely.

• Scytere
    Scytere Member Posts: 123

Time is the enemy for survivors, the longer it goes, killer chances increases.