The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does Noed Need to be Changed???

So a Youtuber Named The King made a video talking about changes he would make to No One Escapes Death, but i wanted to ask you guys, what do you think, after being where its been for 2 years does it really need to be changed?

My Video Response:

https://youtu.be/OG2uZMJYFRE

My personal Stance on Noed (Survivor main with over 6000 hours) is that it isn't that strong nor do i actually think its a perk that rewards bad play. In the current state of the game, it is very possible to have 3 gens popped as you down you first survivor. doesnt mean you did anything wrong as a killer. Its Just the other 3 players that you weren't chasing just did everything right. The Devs themselves say they balance around 2 escaping and 2 dying every game, meaning more games then not all 5 gens should be getting done, so you should get to use almost every game unless you are doing EXTREMELY well. that being said, having No one escapes death in a 2v1 scenario can be all you need to clutch a 4k before the last 2 get away if they play too cocky around the last gen popping which i think is fine and exactly what the perk is for. NOED Will not give you a 4k at 0 gens with all 4 survivors still alive unless ALL 4 players make a mistake, and if that happens that's on them, for their misplay. there is counterplay to it. Spread out, get the totems, go for different doors, YOU HAVE OPTIONS. I personally think its fine where it is. You can stop it from even turning on with Perks and items, and it is a fair punishment for going for gens and ignoring all else in the game, like hook saves or totems. I don't think every killer needs it, but it also does a great job of keeping M1 killers like wraith competitive with Hillbilly, Ghostface, or Meyers.

As for the change you proposed @TheKing , I dislike it as well because it would reward tunneling towards the end of the game, as apposed to say a perk like BBQ that incentivizes you chasing people you haven't hooked for more blood points at the end of the game, spreading the chases out among all the players. also i get that it sucks to juke the killer all game and get hit with noed (I've been that guy more times than i can count), but saying you should be safe from one of the killers abilities just because you hid all game doesn't makes sense. you then punish the people who know how to run the killer, and reward players for hiding and using Urban Evasion all game late game. DBD is both Hide and Seek, and Cat and Mouse, that change would blatantly punish players that are used to more of a cat and mouse gameplay loop. And lastly the movement speed is nice for the killer but FAR form over powered. Its a little edge at the end of the game, that last for maybe the last 2-4 minutes of the game at most.

In closing I get the gripes with NOED but TBH as a survivor player, I think Its been in the best spot its ever been. You can counter it in so many ways, and it mere existence promotes players doing totems, thus slowing down the game and promoting a healthier meta game. I disagree that it rewards bad play because based on dev balance goals it should get activated in every game(Meaning all 5 gens should get done see the 2 die 2 escape goal from earlier), and is the perfect "Oh #########" perk that can clutch a close game into your favor, and again it can be countered.

His original Video:  https://youtu.be/1IOWDPpB_HI

Comments